Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not able to click anything/game freezes?

(I am aware of how long this is, I just want to make it fully explainable) Yesterday I just got the pets expansion pack. I played it a bit, got a cat, and then eventually left the game. Nothing went wrong. But today, I go in and everything is normal for about 5-10 minutes. After that, I noticed that my game would freeze for a couple seconds, but certain things would still move, like the "zzzs" my sim would make if she were sleeping. Then, it would go back to normal until the whole process would repeat about two minutes (real time) later.

Also, I noticed every day (sim time) my sim would like to exercise after she woke up, no problem with that. When she would finish, I like to change her out of her athletic wear, so I'd click on her. But, nothing pops up. I clicked again, with the same result. I try going into her bedroom to change using her dresser, and still, nothing happens. Soon enough, I get her to take a bath. She FINALLY changes into her casual wear, but since she has the lifeguard career, she comes home in her bathing suit. Really, I hate it so much to have to give her a bath 24/7. A little bit later, my sim is extremely tired. I click the bed, and... Nothing pops up. I tried selling the bed and buying a different kind, but that didn't work, so i let her automatically go to bed. Meanwhile she was just walking around normally while her cat kept bothering her. Once she woke up in the morning, I found that now the only option I could do was walk. She had work that day so I was frantically clicking everything to see if I could use them. About three minutes later (real time) I could click everything BUT her. I can't even go to the map and click on a destination to go to(this interferes with the lifeguard career because I always go to the map to click where she needs to survey. She doesn't go there on her own, i.e a car there to pick her up).

By the way, I have no mods. I don't really have much custom content. And the expansion packs I have are:

~Showtime
~Pets
~Island paradise

And that's it. Nothing that would make it abnormal.
Again, I apologize for this being so long, I just want to get my point through. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Taffster74Taffster74 Posts: 530 Member
    edited January 2014
    There are two freezes the do appear regularly and have done so since Pets - 12:59 and 3:03. both are in the a.m hours. the best way to work around this is to pause the game when it happens, wait for a minute or so, then hit play. That tends to clear the 12:59 freeze, but the 3:03 freeze does continually pop-up. My guess is that it's in the game.

Edit: Do you have the latest patches? If so, the rest of what you have described has occurred since patch 1.67.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited January 2014
    hi CandyCat12

see if cleaning out cache files helps, sometimes when adding soemthing new to the game these files get corrupted

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

also there is a strange bug re custom work outfits - see if you can change your sims work outfit to default

and if nothing is working can you post computer specs,
    to post hit windows key + R enter dxdiag run report hit save all info and notepad doc will open copy/paste the whole long report here, thanks!
  • Options
    CandyCat12CandyCat12 Posts: 20
    edited January 2014
    Actually, I was playing for a while and it stopped freezing, but it's still a little buggy with the bed. I created a new world and that one was fine, I guess it was just that one world being glitchy. Oh well. Thanks for the help though :3
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    edited January 2014
    My game freezes constantly everyday, I just wait a few minutes until it unfreezes, I think it's actually probably a graphics problem with the graphics being to much for most pc's to handle.