Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for a new world that is Island Paradise friendly

My sim family is currently living in Isla Paradiso which has become very laggy so I am looking for a new world. The wife is a mermaid who has the Lifeguard ltw to rescue 50 sims. She has rescued 25 sims and just unlocked the Cay to the City island (which meant I could move her sister in law out who had the discover all islands LTW).

I wanted to know people's opinions of the following worlds in general as well regards to the Lifeguard profession, mermaids, dive lots and houseboats.

Lucky Palms
Luna Lakes
Midnight Hollow
Sunlit Tides
Aurora Springs

At this stage I am particularly interested in Lucky Palms.

I have Monte Vista and Roaring Heights, what are people's experience of playing those features of IP in those worlds.

I would really like to fulfill my sim's lifetime wish but I just can't hang around long enough in Isla Paradiso to fulfill it.
tsNVdyA.png
Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet.

Comments

• Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi there! All of those worlds, with the exception of Lunar Lakes, are compatible with Island Paradise. You'll need to build the dive lots yourself for diving. You will also have to partially place a lot over the land and water and place the lifeguard seat on the lot to enable Lifeguard career. :D
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited January 2014
    Weealbet wrote:
    Hi there! All of those worlds, with the exception of Lunar Lakes, are compatible with Island Paradise. You'll need to build the dive lots yourself for diving. You will also have to partially place a lot over the land and water and place the lifeguard seat on the lot to enable Lifeguard career. :D
    Hello Moon_Willow :) Weealbet is correct :) I prefer Lucky Palms for the Island Paradise 'experience' because it is easier to place lots there and it has a sandy terrain - perfect for sandcastles and beach activities :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    garrison17garrison17 Posts: 362 Member
    edited January 2014
    Weealbet wrote:

The dive spots work- but none of my small boats work anywhere except Ip- can't use any boats anywhere! I wish it was possible for a world builder to make an Ip world that works like IP - only more level- it is to hilly and Alot of the worlds made buy EA are very lumpy or hilly not lot friendly- I want an Ip world that provides lots of needed large lots! I have one world that was made for IP but can't use boats except for taxi boats!!
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited January 2014
    garrison17 wrote:

The dive spots work- but none of my small boats work anywhere except Ip- can't use any boats anywhere!

eeeeeek, that is very disappointing! :cry: You'd think they'd be able to get in a boat! It really does look like cc worlds are the better option. (But the objects from the worlds are still needed in the cc worlds.) Seriously not good that the recent worlds aren't compatible with IP since they all knew that was coming.
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited January 2014
    garrison17 wrote:
    The dive spots work- but none of my small boats work anywhere except Ip- can't use any boats anywhere! I wish it was possible for a world builder to make an Ip world that works like IP - only more level- it is to hilly and Alot of the worlds made buy EA are very lumpy or hilly not lot friendly- I want an Ip world that provides lots of needed large lots! I have one world that was made for IP but can't use boats except for taxi boats!!

How strange! I use the small boats and houseboats quite often in my games. If you are sending a Sim from Point A to Point B in a non-Isla Paradiso world they will normally route there via the roads. But you are still able to use the smaller boats too. I often use them to send my Sims fishing :D
  • Options
    ccllmmssccllmmss Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2014
    I know Barnacle Bay usually doesn't get high ratings, but I was able to build dive lots and use boats there with no problem. I did a big makeover of the town, and really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited January 2014
    My Sims have no problems using boats in Roaring Heights. IMHO Roaring Heights fulfills the island experience. I have houseboats, diving spots, and water activities in RH.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited January 2014
    Weealbet wrote:
    Hello Moon_Willow :) Weealbet is correct :) I prefer Lucky Palms for the Island Paradise 'experience' because it is easier to place lots there and it has a sandy terrain - perfect for sandcastles and beach activities :D

Really? Because when I tried to IP-cize Lucky Palms, it didn't work at all. There is a lot of lakefront, but it's all too steep to make a good beach. Except for one spot right in front of the existing beach/park, which did make a fine shoreline beach.

I tried placing Dive Lots, and I could edit them OK, but no sims could actually go there. Whether swimming or boating, they would get part-way there, then reset onto the shore.

Houseboats almost worked. They could putz around the big lake, or the small lake, but there was one chokepoint at the small lake where they couldn't pass through to get to the river/big lake.