Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighborhood/world I'd like some kind of combination of the 2; along with other hopes

Hi,
I've been reading many of the threads on here, and I see speculation about the neighborhood/world and what they might do in t4.

I really hope they don't do the open world again, but I don't think I'd like to go back to the original/ts2 style either. But I'd like to have the benefits of each.

I hope they found some kind of combination of the two for t4. I'd like the ability to visit neighbors, IF the Sims behave more like ts2 Sims than ts3. But if they are just going to go to bed again, or leave, then I guess it doesn't matter if they get rid of that for 4.

I really hope they do community lots like the Ts2 ones. Boy those were so fun, with so many neighborhood sims coming at any time of the day or night. I loved that and I believe the limitation in T3 community lots of closing times is a big part of what ruined the game for me. You can't do your own stories when they have so many limitations. I really hope they just open it up and let the player decide when their sims will go out or not.

Too many restrictions in 3; reputations ruined when no one sees a sim flirt with someone outside the main relationship. How can you play out a story of a ruthless politician who is a womanizer and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 when he's oh so careful???

I just think the whole thing in 3 with all the rules and limitations has to go, and I sure hope they are gone in 4.

I hope that 4 combines the pc sims games to make one fun game. With lots of options and lots of off/on switches for the player to decide.

I hope they got rid of the prudish behavior of the sims this time around too. I hope it's much more like T2 with the steammy make-out and fun hot tub woohoo. *shrugs* I just hope they did a good job, and don't worry so much about prudes.

I hope they don't push one kind of playing style this time, like they did with t3. I just have so many hopes, but my biggest hope is that its fun!
My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8

Comments

• Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2014
    Agreed, i dont mind either way as long as the game itself is good enough.I dont think closed world would have saved TS3.
    windweaver wrote:
    I really hope they do community lots like the Ts2 ones. Boy those were so fun, with so many neighborhood sims coming at any time of the day or night. I loved that and I believe the limitation in T3 community lots of closing times is a big part of what ruined the game for me. You can't do your own stories when they have so many limitations. I really hope they just open it up and let the player decide when their sims will go out or not.

Totally agreed, this totally matchs my Half-open lots idea. :D
    Too many restrictions in 3; reputations ruined when no one sees a sim flirt with someone outside the main relationship. How can you play out a story of a ruthless politician who is a womanizer and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 when he's oh so careful???

The reputations make no-sense, All 7 girls living with my sim had the non-jealous reward,Dating em all, without anyone ever be able to see it my male sim still got a reputation? WTH? THERE ARE NO CAMERAS HERE, ONLY I CAN SEE THEM BECAUSE IM GOD!!

Should not this afect their relation with him? oh not, they have the stupid reward i gave everybody :roll: , so my sim wohoo with one girl wille the other is stil in the same room,not giving any fudge...not even has the decency to leave..stupid robots

Then i got tired of it and went to play with a normal family.....legless burrito babies,Chucky like toddlers,Kids that can do nothing,Anoying teen lifestages with ugly teeagers and - rabitHole proms -....no thank you.

Went off to play with a single sim again.
    I hope they don't push one kind of playing style this time, like they did with t3. I just have so many hopes, but my biggest hope is that its fun!

NH0zEjj.gif
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited January 2014
    Honestly, I don't care whether the neighborhood is open or closed, however, I don't want it to be like the sims 3 again, as you mentioned.

If it was like the sims 2, there would be more sims, more things to do, more detailed lots, open restaurants and shops, etc.. The lots in 2 were actually worth waiting through the loading times.

I don't want empty clubs or parks. I want to see my sim buying groceries. I want to see my sims eating and interacting with each other at their booth or table in a restaurant. They took away a very interactive feature of the game that made it so much more in depth and fun.

Then they sold that cheap version of an "open restaurant" in the store. It was not anywhere near what the sims 2 had, and the fact that you have to pay $20 for that is ridiculous.

Anyway, back to the neighborhoods. I like the idea of doing districts. Have it be an open world like 3, but relatively bigger with several sections. Like the downtown district would load all of it with all the clubs and apartments. That way all the sims living there can be simulated, as well as the visitors, so hopefully that would mean busy nightclubs and an impressive amount of sims.

For actual living spaces, they could have large suburb type areas with a lot of houses and smaller businesses and parks. That way you can visit each district, but not necessarily have to, because all of the necessities would be in each one.

This could also work well with expansions. Instead of adding a new neighborhood all together, they could add a new district so you can continue your family and still have the new area specific to the new expansion.

In terms of the reputation system, yeah, that needs work. It's a good concept, but like most in the sims 3, it was poorly implemented. Probably because of how poorly done the base game was. If the sims 4 base game is coded perfectly from the start, it would mean a great generation of the sims. Hopefully this game won't be another disappointment.
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited January 2014
    I actually had no problem with the open-world in the Sims 3... And I would like to have it again...

But if we don't, here's another suggestion: What about we have an open subhood (Can still go visit your friends without loading screens, I'd really hate to having to go back to that.. and maybe like one diner or something.), and if we wanna go downtown, there'll still be lots and stuff, just apartments, and just everything that's going on.. There'd be a loading screen inbetween subhood and downtown..

What do you guys think?
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited January 2014
    Honestly, I don't care whether the neighborhood is open or closed, however, I don't want it to be like the sims 3 again, as you mentioned.

If it was like the sims 2, there would be more sims, more things to do, more detailed lots, open restaurants and shops, etc.. The lots in 2 were actually worth waiting through the loading times.

I don't want empty clubs or parks. I want to see my sim buying groceries. I want to see my sims eating and interacting with each other at their booth or table in a restaurant. They took away a very interactive feature of the game that made it so much more in depth and fun.

Then they sold that cheap version of an "open restaurant" in the store. It was not anywhere near what the sims 2 had, and the fact that you have to pay $20 for that is ridiculous.

Anyway, back to the neighborhoods. I like the idea of doing districts. Have it be an open world like 3, but relatively bigger with several sections. Like the downtown district would load all of it with all the clubs and apartments. That way all the sims living there can be simulated, as well as the visitors, so hopefully that would mean busy nightclubs and an impressive amount of sims.

For actual living spaces, they could have large suburb type areas with a lot of houses and smaller businesses and parks. That way you can visit each district, but not necessarily have to, because all of the necessities would be in each one.

This could also work well with expansions. Instead of adding a new neighborhood all together, they could add a new district so you can continue your family and still have the new area specific to the new expansion.

In terms of the reputation system, yeah, that needs work. It's a good concept, but like most in the sims 3, it was poorly implemented. Probably because of how poorly done the base game was. If the sims 4 base game is coded perfectly from the start, it would mean a great generation of the sims. Hopefully this game won't be another disappointment.

I agree with everything and I especially like the stuff I have in red and blue. I love that blue idea a lot. I can't wait to learn what's new, but I do hope they put a lot of detail into the game this time (unlike 3, or at least how 3 seems to me after playing both original & ts2) :shock:

EmmaLeen, I know you are not alone in this wish of yours, it was a big hit with a lot of Simmers. But I really believe that the big open world is the reason the game was so poorly made. It is pretty, but the game play is just so boring to me. I'm real sorry if I hurt your feelings, I sure don't mean to. I just hope they carefully read the "ideas & feedback" section of the forums over the years and took seriously the problems that so many Simmers complained about over and over in ts3.

I know that I will try the new game, at least. But I keep thinking that I might do with it, what I did for simcity and just wait and see how things go. I ended up getting it much later and only b/c it was on sale, and the fact that I did enjoy the beta that I helped to test. But I never did buy any of the extras that EA has been selling, including the expansion pack(s?) I don't even know if there is more than one. I take the free stuff, but that's it.

My point is this: if the base game is full of prudish limitations again, like 3, then I'll find something else to do...I really will. I won't bother with ep's, sp's nor store stuff. In 3 I spent so much money that I hate to think of the expense, but I do at least play that from time to time. My main game is The Sims 2, even after all these years. :lol:
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited January 2014
    windweaver wrote:

I agree with everything and I especially like the stuff I have in red and blue. I love that blue idea a lot. I can't wait to learn what's new, but I do hope they put a lot of detail into the game this time (unlike 3, or at least how 3 seems to me after playing both original & ts2) :shock:

EmmaLeen, I know you are not alone in this wish of yours, it was a big hit with a lot of Simmers. But I really believe that the big open world is the reason the game was so poorly made. It is pretty, but the game play is just so boring to me. I'm real sorry if I hurt your feelings, I sure don't mean to. I just hope they carefully read the "ideas & feedback" section of the forums over the years and took seriously the problems that so many Simmers complained about over and over in ts3.

I know that I will try the new game, at least. But I keep thinking that I might do with it, what I did for simcity and just wait and see how things go. I ended up getting it much later and only b/c it was on sale, and the fact that I did enjoy the beta that I helped to test. But I never did buy any of the extras that EA has been selling, including the expansion pack(s?) I don't even know if there is more than one. I take the free stuff, but that's it.

My point is this: if the base game is full of prudish limitations again, like 3, then I'll find something else to do...I really will. I won't bother with ep's, sp's nor store stuff. In 3 I spent so much money that I hate to think of the expense, but I do at least play that from time to time. My main game is The Sims 2, even after all these years. :lol:

Don't worry, you, in no way hurt my feelings. I can see where you're coming from, some people prefer the closed world and others prefer the open. Maybe they'll have some kind of limbo of the two!

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the Sims 3 as much, let's all hope the Sims 4 will be great for everyone, and they'll figure something out. They have to, otherwise they might lose a lot of simmers :s
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Glad to see I didn't hurt your feelings. Sometimes I say things that come out badly. :(
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited January 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    Then i got tired of it and went to play with a normal family.....legless burrito babies,Chucky like toddlers,Kids that can do nothing,Anoying teen lifestages with ugly teeagers and - rabitHole proms -....no thank you.

To be fair, Generations added a LOT more content for children Sims, and what strikes you as teens being "ugly"?

• Options
    dancerREHdancerREH Posts: 370 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I definitely want it to be open world more like the sims 3. I miss being able to quickly and easily make your own neighbourhood though. I agree with the reputation thing being annoying. Especially with the love charms in supernatural. I had a witch in a family and they kept using love charms and making sims cheat and break up and it was such a mess. we can't go back to the way the sims 2 was because we will just feel trapped in our houses compared to how the sims 3 is. I think having a closed world would be a BIG step backwards.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    adventfear wrote:
    v12creator wrote:

To be fair, Generations added a LOT more content for children Sims, and what strikes you as teens being "ugly"?

To be equally fair, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and what one sees as ugly another may see as beautiful *shrugs* such is the human condition.

Generations did add some, but not nearly enough. For those who love the babies and toddlers, not putting back in the bathing and changing tables was a big step back, as you so aptly put in another context. If you played ts2, then you may recall the nursery rhymes and just all the detail that was skipped in ts3. I wonder if that was so we could have that open world? If so, then it was a huge failure from my perspective.

An open world and no loading screens opposed to many more detailed interactions and lots of sims coming and going both at the home lot and community lots. To me it's a no brainer. I would much rather have the fun stuff instead of a boring game...I guess it's another case of perspective. What I find boring, you may fine lots of fun? :(

Time will tell what they do and how they implement it, but if it is another open world, I may sit this one out if they have not over come the boring interactions and empty communtiy lots.
  • Options
    GOOWERZAMGOOWERZAM Posts: 17 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I love the open world. If the community lots aren't as detailed as you want then you can make it exactly how you want in edit town mode. The biggest selling point of The Sims 3 was the open world. I hate loading screens. If you love Sims 2 so much why don't you just play that? (My tone is very soft please don't get offended) Sims 3 and 2 both have their pros and cons but it's just a matter of opinion on which one you prefer. I say we don't make another carbon copy of the last 3 but instead invent something new.

But I have no ideas. >.>
  • Options
    GOOWERZAMGOOWERZAM Posts: 17 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Generations did add some, but not nearly enough. For those who love the babies and toddlers, not putting back in the bathing and changing tables was a big step back, as you so aptly put in another context. If you played ts2, then you may recall the nursery rhymes and just all the detail that was skipped in ts3. I wonder if that was so we could have that open world? If so, then it was a huge failure from my perspective

I miss the changing tables and how the baby left messes everywhere and how that was a huge challenge and it was soooo fun.

We need a difficulty slider. How making it harder makes the needs deplete faster would sign me up right then. I didn't like how Sims 3 was easier but I also get it because you're meant to go out on the town and have fun unlike in the Sims 2 where you're mainly in your house. The whole needing more than one plate to satisfy their needs, having the baby leave bottles and diapers everywhere, needs depleting faster, ect. I ALSO WANT THE VACATION DAYS THING. Yeah, you can take unpaid days off or call in fake sick but the idea of vacation days were so cool. And how illnesses actually threatened your life instead of just giving you a moodlet. Sims 2 University was harder too. I can easily get on the Dean's list in Sims 3 :/
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2014
    GOOWERZAM wrote:
    We need a difficulty slider. How making it harder makes the needs deplete faster would sign me up right then. I didn't like how Sims 3 was easier but I also get it because you're meant to go out on the town and have fun unlike in the Sims 2 where you're mainly in your house. The whole needing more than one plate to satisfy their needs,

Mainly your house? TS2 had way more intersting community lots with tons of sims in it, each one duing a single diferent thing what made the lots in town actually intersting,instead of a city full of rabbitholes and nobody in the venues.....what is intersting about riding around some empty city??

It beign an open town is not an apologize for it beign just ridiculousy easy. You can keep your sim in TS3 in the house as much as you want, and go out as much or as few as you did with TS2 or TS1, it just doesnt justify.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    edited January 2014
    GOOWERZAM wrote:
    Generations did add some, but not nearly enough. For those who love the babies and toddlers, not putting back in the bathing and changing tables was a big step back, as you so aptly put in another context. If you played ts2, then you may recall the nursery rhymes and just all the detail that was skipped in ts3. I wonder if that was so we could have that open world? If so, then it was a huge failure from my perspective

I miss the changing tables and how the baby left messes everywhere and how that was a huge challenge and it was soooo fun.

We need a difficulty slider. How making it harder makes the needs deplete faster would sign me up right then. I didn't like how Sims 3 was easier but I also get it because you're meant to go out on the town and have fun unlike in the Sims 2 where you're mainly in your house. The whole needing more than one plate to satisfy their needs, having the baby leave bottles and diapers everywhere, needs depleting faster, ect. I ALSO WANT THE VACATION DAYS THING. Yeah, you can take unpaid days off or call in fake sick but the idea of vacation days were so cool. And how illnesses actually threatened your life instead of just giving you a moodlet. Sims 2 University was harder too. I can easily get on the Dean's list in Sims 3 :/

I guess you don't frequent this forum much? I'm on here all the time and usually I state that I play ts2 more than I do 3. It is a far better game.

I do make the community lots "exactly" as I want them. There is always lots to do for any sim, but what happens is that no or few sims show up. They read :roll: or they eat and leave. It's just no fun.

I agree with you about the game being too easy. I believe the way they (EA) determines difficulty in the Sims is the number of sims you have in a household, not how quickly or slow their needs deplete, nor how they don't die. They just think we are being mean if we kill them. (so infantile :roll: )Anyway, the game is a whole lot more fun when you can lose your sim.

I remember when I first started playing ts2, one of my sims did die and I had to go through all kinds of things to figure out how to make that different. It was actually fun learning how to help him. I even wrote letters to EA complaining that there was no real info in the booklet that came with the game, lol. I didn't know there was such a thing as a prima guide :oops: Anyway, completely agree about 3 being too easy, but do strenuously disagree about keeping the open neighborhood (as if you and I are the ones who decide these things, lol)

Happy Simming