Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Real World In-Game Music

Just wondering which real world artists they would love to hear on the radio in TS4. TS3 had quite a few including Of Monsters and Men, MS MR, and Katy Perry. It pains me to write the latter so I hope she has nothing to do with the next generation.

Personal wishes of mine would be to hear CHVRCHES, Lady Gaga, Bastille and Florence + the Machine. So here's my question : Who do you want to hear on the radio in The Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,499 Member
    edited January 2014
    For this purpose I hope there is a custom folder. I enjoy listening to Film Score, Hans Zimmer is my favorite composer.
  • Options
    DragonMage2011DragonMage2011 Posts: 230 Member
    edited January 2014
    For this purpose I hope there is a custom folder. I enjoy listening to Film Score, Hans Zimmer is my favorite composer.

Yeah, I hope there's a custom folder too, but I think it's nice when we get to hear our favourite music in Simlish so it fits with the game. :)
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited January 2014
    I would be all for symphonic metal ... like Within Temptation, Tarja Turunen or Epica
    but considering the fact that Symphonic Metal is bigger in europe than in the USA and that all good symphonic metal bands /artists AFAIK are europeans ...
    whereas EA is an american company and will develoipe their game first and foremost with the american audience in mind, I would guess that this is a vain hope.

My prediction for one of the "stars" of Sims 4 (and/or expansions) would be Taylor Swift
  • Options
    sharena333sharena333 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited January 2014
    I definately agree 100%!

I would love to hear Omar Dean, Katy Perry, Bastille, One Republic, The Fray, Lorde, Birdy, Avicii and so much more! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DragonMage2011DragonMage2011 Posts: 230 Member
    edited January 2014
    Proteus42 wrote:
    whereas EA is an american company and will develoipe their game first and foremost with the american audience in mind, I would guess that this is a vain hope.

That may be true, but Of Monsters and Men are Icelandic, so there may be a tiny bit of hope for us who like... different music. :)

Also, I hope they stay away from celebrity endorsements altogether. Remember how ill-received all the KP stuff was?
  • Options
    fabregas22fabregas22 Posts: 369 Member
    edited January 2014
    Well nowadays I only really listen to japanese music so I don't think anything I like would get in.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2014
    I am for a custom music folder.

I dont think EA would add an artist that is that much famous to TS4 soundtrack,for money reasons,unless they make an entire brand set like they did with Kate Perry, no plz, not again.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    edited January 2014
    v12creator wrote:

I dont think EA would add an artist that is that much famous to TS4 soundtrack,for money reasons,unless they make an entire brand set like they did with Kate Perry, no plz, not again.

Well, in Sims 2 they had Depeche Mode (which surely are no small act) and, already at this time Katy Perry (in Sims 2 Appartment Life) and refrained from making a Katy Perry or Depeche Mode themed expansion.

Of course this was Sims 2, so "good ol´ times", but there is always the small hope, that EA will return to how they did it in the "good ol´times" (at least with regards to those points that were better at these times) ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Proteus42 wrote:
    v12creator wrote:

Well, in Sims 2 they had Depeche Mode (which surely are no small act) and, already at this time Katy Perry (in Sims 2 Appartment Life) and refrained from making a Katy Perry or Depeche Mode themed expansion.

Of course this was Sims 2, so "good ol´ times", but there is always the small hope, that EA will return to how they did it in the "good ol´times" (at least with regards to those points that were better at these times) ;)

I just want that they do not waste a entire Stuff Pack with one of them like, we had a few ones - Sam and the Womp,Steadman,Dexter Freebish,Rise Against,Fun, they are not the ones that you would say to people and they would get like WOA i know THEN THEY ARE awesome, most people i know make no idea of who they are but they have good musics, i vote for bands like that to have their music included.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited January 2014
    I like the idea of having customizable music folders (more than one would be nice so you could do seasonal music or ethnic categories or whatever) but I don't personally care what groups or contemporary artists are used cause it might as well be maxis produced music for as much as I listen to contemporary music anyway and they end up having to pay large contract fees to get those artists anyway which you know goes straight onto us the consumers.
  • Options
    ThatoneaccountThatoneaccount Posts: 358 Member
    edited January 2014
    I would love Lorde, Maroon 5, Paramore, John Mayer. Fall Out Boy, and among others.

Also, get some musicians from the 70s and 80s, like Elton John, Aretha Franklin, and Celine Dion to record simlish versions of their hit songs, and add "Old Music" as a favorite music genre. (Okay, the chance of this happening are slim, but it would be nice to have a simlish version of "Respect" or "Tiny Dancer" played at your sim's wedding.)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I would love Lorde, Maroon 5, Paramore, John Mayer. Fall Out Boy, and among others.

Also, get some musicians from the 70s and 80s, like Elton John, Aretha Franklin, and Celine Dion to record simlish versions of their hit songs, and add "Old Music" as a favorite music genre. (Okay, the chance of this happening are slim, but it would be nice to have a simlish version of "Respect" or "Tiny Dancer" played at your sim's wedding.)

Hey, there is a music from Paramore in Thesims2 for PSP :D
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'd rather they made " from scratch" sim original music, much more fun :D
    They should hold a contest, people writing sim songs =D

I do like the "world music" they always add: China, France, Egypt etc...
    and the children's channel is hilarious.
    Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    edited January 2014
    FatCat wrote:

I'd LOVE for the Sims team to come up with some more of their own music! Sure I'd like some Simlish remixes or real world music as well but some of my favourite music from TS2 is the stuff that was made up.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Alistu wrote:
    FatCat wrote:

I'd LOVE for the Sims team to come up with some more of their own music! Sure I'd like some Simlish remixes or real world music as well but some of my favourite music from TS2 is the stuff that was made up.

For me in Sims 2 it was definitely the real life music ...
    my favorite song in TS2 was, without any doubt the simlish version of "Sway" by "The Perishers" (from the College Rock Radio channel in Sims 2 University.
    (and I can say for sure that Sims 3 didn´t have a song that I liked on a similar level to this song from TS2 [all in all I´d call "College Rock" from TS2 actually the best radio channel from all Sims incarnations])
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Proteus42 wrote:
    Alistu wrote:
    FatCat wrote:

For me in Sims 2 it was definitely the real life music ...
    my favorite song in TS2 was, without any doubt the simlish version of "Sway" by "The Perishers" (from the College Rock Radio channel in Sims 2 University.
    (and I can say for sure that Sims 3 didn´t have a song that I liked on a similar level to this song from TS2 [all in all I´d call "College Rock" from TS2 actually the best radio channel from all Sims incarnations])

bj0Ujjf.gif

"Pretty People" and "Come on", My favorites.
    jr73Y.gif