Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anybody know how to stock the shelves in the Nectary your building?

There MUST be a cheat or something. I'm building a Nectary. So I want to stock the shelves right? I make the nectar, Go there and try to stock the rack, It won't let me. The only way I've found so far is to have my Sim's at home with the nectar in their inventory, pop over to the place and click on stock with nectar, then my Sim's will drive all the there and stock the rack's! I mean really, is anyone aware of an easier way? Please take the time to answer this thread or please bump it along till somebody see's it and answers. Thank you SO much.

Comments

• Options
    Lynds356Lynds356 Posts: 578 Member
    edited October 2010
    That's the only way I'm aware of. Not that I've tried building a nectary! (just aging racks in the basement) I've moved them from the personal inventory to the rack to ensure it's filled with all of the same type instead of using stock racks. There may be a way of using moveobjects and "build on this lot" to fill them, perhaps if they're in the family inventory??
  • Options
    LRM09LRM09 Posts: 6,235 Member
    edited October 2010
    I think, its been a while, u put the testingcheatsenabled true cheat in, then just shift click on the rack, and it should give u some options to add nectar..like i said, its been a while....
  • Options
    evilkyttievilkytti Posts: 2,854 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Open the rack and see if you can drag it there. It might work, you never know until you try.
  • Options
    xboxsgxboxsg Posts: 2,476
    edited October 2010
    Judiland wrote:
    There MUST be a cheat or something. I'm building a Nectary. So I want to stock the shelves right? I make the nectar, Go there and try to stock the rack, It won't let me. The only way I've found so far is to have my Sim's at home with the nectar in their inventory, pop over to the place and click on stock with nectar, then my Sim's will drive all the there and stock the rack's! I mean really, is anyone aware of an easier way? Please take the time to answer this thread or please bump it along till somebody see's it and answers. Thank you SO much.

Hi Judiland! Press shift+ ctrl+C to bring up the blue cheat box. Then type in "testingcheatsenabled true". Then find the nectar rack you want to stock and press shift while clicking on it. A menu of options will pop up around the nectar rack. You can choose to make nectar buyable or tasteable. Whenk you're done, justbring up ht blue cheat box like before and type in "testingcheatsenabled false" . Hope this helps.

Have a great day and happy simming!

S.
  • Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited October 2010
    Thank's everybody So much, I hadn't even thought of the shift click! Genius. :-D
  • Options
    gbaitgbait Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    whenever I shift click on a rack at the store I own there is no stock with nectar icon instead it only gives me the ability to delete it and nothing else am i doing something wrong? :(
  • Options
    duneflowerduneflower Posts: 4
    edited January 2014
    gbait wrote:
    whenever I shift click on a rack at the store I own there is no stock with nectar icon instead it only gives me the ability to delete it and nothing else am i doing something wrong? :(

The same thing is happening for me when I use shift+click, do you need to have nectar in you personal inventory or something?
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited January 2014
    You need to hold down both the Ctrl and the Shift keys while clicking on the nectar rack. And you must be in Buy Mode, not Build Mode. FYI. You should get the options to make the nectar Buyable or for tasting. If you choose Buyable, the choices of varietals will be random. You cannot specify the varieties for sale. I hope this makes sense.

P.S. You don't need to have any nectar in your Sim's inventory. Those bottles (if any) have nothing to do with what is sold from the nectar rack at a nectary.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited April 2014
    Has anything changed recently that would cause this not to work anymore? I put everything I needed for my sims to create and store nectar in their home and wanted to go ahead and stock some of the nectar cabinets. I tried everything, including all steps suggested: Shift+Click, Ctrl+Shift+Click, etc. But nothing gives me the option to put nectar in the cabinets. I know I have done this before both in public-use nectaries and in private homes. I have the "testingcheatsenabled true" turned on. But I do not have an option to stock the cabinets.

Any suggestions?
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited April 2014
    If you are on a home (residential) lot and you just want to store your own nectar, then just click on the bottle in your Sim's inventory and drag it to the storage shelves. No cheat code needed. As others have said above, the steps are different when on a community lot.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited April 2014
    Faith_Andhope,

Is the nectar rack on a residential lot or a community lot? I think this cheat works on community lots only. If you're on a residential lot, just make your own nectar and drag it from your Sim's inventory to the rack.

Best Regards,
    Nik
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    sims34me927sims34me927 Posts: 13
    edited July 2014
    I figured it out. You have to use the resetsim cheat. You put resetsim (Sim name). Then try it. I had the same problem.