Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Boy and Girl twins on sims 3!

I have figured out a way to get boy/girl twins! Please ask if you want to know how to do it on all sims 3 games.

Comments

• Options
    TastyLumpia4077TastyLumpia4077 Posts: 734 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Please ask? Why not just answer it ?

When the prego belly starts to show, talk to a friend high up in the medical profession and ask them the gender of the baby. If they say the gender is a male, eat lots of watermelons to make the second baby a girl. If they say it's female, eat lots of apples to make the second baby a boy.

And, as always, listen to kids music and watch kids TV to have twins.
  • Options
    NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited July 2011
    YAY! Thank you for telling me! Hopefully it will work n_n
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member
    edited July 2011
    So only one of the twin babies will have its gender set during 1st trimester? Hm, I didn't know that. So when will the second baby's gender be decided, at birth?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited July 2011

When the prego belly starts to show, talk to a friend high up in the medical profession and ask them the gender of the baby. If they say the gender is a male, eat lots of watermelons to make the second baby a girl. If they say it's female, eat lots of apples to make the second baby a boy.

Whaaaaaat? does that work only if you have Ambitions?
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited July 2011

Whaaaaaat? does that work only if you have Ambitions?

No, it is base game.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member
    edited July 2011
    I think the doctor consulting was added with Amb, but I'm not sure. Apples and melons affected the baby's gender even on the base game, but the twin trix would obviously be more difficult without the doctor.

Try clicking on the hospital building while pregnant. I think there were some options related to pregnacy, even before Amb. Might only be a health check though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    TastyLumpia4077TastyLumpia4077 Posts: 734 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I only have the base game with the second-newest patch.

I think asking the person in the medical profession is what finalizes the gender of the first child. So once a doctor tells you you're going to have a boy, you're guaranteed to have a least one boy. If you're having a second (or third) child, you can affect the gender of that child without changing the gender of the first child after talking to the doctor. If that makes sense...

Ok, this is assuming you watch kids TV and listen to kids music, increasing the chance of twins:

Don't eat anything special, don't ask the doctor: Random gendered twins (usually the same gender).

Eat apples, don't ask the doctor: Probably male twins.
    Eat watermelon, don't ask the doctor: Probably female twins.

Eat apples, doctor says it's a boy, do nothing: Probably male twins.
    Eat watermelon, doctor says it's a girl, do nothing: Probably female twins.

Eat apples, doctor says it's a boy, eat watermelon: Probably male and female twins.
    Eat watermelon, doctor says it's a girl, eat apples: Probably male and female twins.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited July 2011
    i had it naturally....my sim just had twins and it was a boy and a girl and i did nothing. I think they updated it :)
  • Options
    gardenqueengardenqueen Posts: 35
    edited July 2011
    wolfitkid wrote:
    I have figured out a way to get boy/girl twins! Please ask if you want to know how to do it on all sims 3 games.
    Yes please let me know thank you
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited July 2011
    Akl500P wrote:
    i had it naturally....my sim just had twins and it was a boy and a girl and i did nothing. I think they updated it :)

It's just random. Some people are lucky and get mixed genders without trying, other people have to try over and over again.

And OP....why didn't you just say it instead of another simmer ruining your "secret?"
  • Options
    pettwaylovepettwaylove Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    My sim had triplets.! 1 boy and 2 girls

You do not need a doctor.
    After the lullaby when she found out she was pregnant I ate 1 apple and two watermelons

I listened to the stereo and watched television on the kids station at the same time
    I also danced to the music

I ate another apple and 1 watermelon
    When she was hungry again she had 1 watermelon
    She did get medical advice at the hospital but it didn't determine what she was having
  • Options
    Animeprincess17Animeprincess17 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    When I did all of that I ended up with triples two girls and a boy. And neither of my sims had the Fertility Treatment Lifetime Reward. So yeah that took me off guard lol :shock:
  • Options
    Milly2502Milly2502 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Pleeeease tell me??????????????????? :shock:
  • Options
    ArkansasWoman777ArkansasWoman777 Posts: 601 Member
    edited July 2013
    wolfitkid wrote:

I'm sorry but you can't be serious, you are going to make us ask you how to do it (although i'm sure most of us already know), when you can just automatically like a regular person would do tell us how.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    i7 6700k, 1tb ssd, Rx MSI 480 8gb, Evga 750G2, Corsair H100i V2, 16gb of ram
  • Options
    bizzyboo1bizzyboo1 Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    I just at a watermelon and apple and my girl sim had extra fertile. That's another way. :-)
  • Options
    DragonMage2011DragonMage2011 Posts: 230 Member
    edited January 2014
    I love how the OP tells you to ask then doesn't answer... :lol:
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited January 2014
    well, I'd rather be surprised than to try very hard to get a particular baby! my sim had no apples or watermelons during birth and she gave birth to twins naturally, no medical advice or from a doctor, to tell me what the sim is carrying, I like surprises! :)
  • Options
    MoonShadow1789MoonShadow1789 Posts: 127 New Member
    edited January 2014
    well, I'd rather be surprised than to try very hard to get a particular baby! my sim had no apples or watermelons during birth and she gave birth to twins naturally, no medical advice or from a doctor, to tell me what the sim is carrying, I like surprises! :)

Same here. I haven't used the apples/watermelons trick in years because I personally want the surprise. ^^

I've had countless multiples being different genders and countless multiples being same-gendered. No big deal to me. xD
  • Options
    gracefulclutsgracefulcluts Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 2014
    My sims had the fertility treatment, and I was about to restart from the last saved point to make sure I had twins when I found out she had a boy. They need the information tab thing to say "Twins!" before, because she did end up having a girl to go along. No watermelon or apple trick needed. No mommy-music. No checkup. Heck, she didn't even have the family oriented trait. I'm just glad they're both self-employed or else it'd be crazy trying to keep the twins happy.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited January 2014
    Once my sim is pregnant I use the Genie Lamp and wish for a large family. This gives me twins or triplets :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    My sims had the fertility treatment, and I was about to restart from the last saved point to make sure I had twins when I found out she had a boy. They need the information tab thing to say "Twins!" before, because she did end up having a girl to go along. No watermelon or apple trick needed. No mommy-music. No checkup. Heck, she didn't even have the family oriented trait. I'm just glad they're both self-employed or else it'd be crazy trying to keep the twins happy.

The Baby Mat that came with the Toy Maker in Midnight Hollow is great for sims who have 2 or more babies as it keeps the baby's moodlets full when they are placed on it :) I love it! :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    gracefulclutsgracefulcluts Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 2014

The Baby Mat that came with the Toy Maker in Midnight Hollow is great for sims who have 2 or more babies as it keeps the baby's moodlets full when they are placed on it :) I love it! :D

Where can that be found? I have that town, but if it came with the premium one, I don't think it came with mine... :(
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited January 2014
    The toystore came with Gold. I like the mat, but I also use the baby swing for twins or triplets. Or I get Bonehilda... She loves babies. :)

My second Sim ever had triplet boys. Caused quite a bit of panic, since I hadn't played all that long. This was when the base game was first new. :)
    Since then I've had triplets and twins, mixed and same gender, without doing anything about the gender. (They do listen to kids' music very often when they're pregnant...)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    KarinL wrote:
    The toystore came with Gold. I like the mat, but I also use the baby swing for twins or triplets. Or I get Bonehilda... She loves babies. :)

My second Sim ever had triplet boys. Caused quite a bit of panic, since I hadn't played all that long. This was when the base game was first new. :)
    Since then I've had triplets and twins, mixed and same gender, without doing anything about the gender. (They do listen to kids' music very often when they're pregnant...)
    KarinL is correct, the toystore came with the Gold version. Bonehilda is great, I use her sometimes :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    kalchishkovakalchishkova Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2014
    GUYS!!! MY SIM JUST HAD 7 GIRLS AND KEPT ON HAVING MORE AND MORE ***??!?!?