Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need some new household ideas!

Okay, so I've played the Sims 3 for about 2 years now, and I have every expansion pack except Pets, Supernatural, and Into the Future. I feel like I've done every kind of household possible! Any new ideas? What has been your favorite household that you have EVER done?
Please Help :thumbup:

Comments

• Options
    limegreenqueen101limegreenqueen101 Posts: 260 Member
    edited December 2013
    Some times I make households that resemble TV shows I watch. For example the other day I created the Pritchett clan from Modern Family.
  • Options
    CaySedaiSimCaySedaiSim Posts: 581 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm doing the Play the Sims to Win Big challenge. You have a choice of one parent and one toddler from three, and one house out of three. The point is to raise the toddler up to YA and get as many memories as you can. I'm enjoying it and plan to play some of the other combinations after the contest is done. (Deadline is Dec. 29. so there's still time to play.)

Link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/725269.page

There are lots of challenges in the Stories and Legacies part of the forum, or you could make up your own. I want to do a sim who is immortal, who outlives families. I want to do it like through time, which would involve setting up households that look like different time periods. That will be quite involved, though.

I want to do a household where a teenager is either on his/her own or raising a younger sibling due to no adults. I tried this once by setting up a household with an elder (grandmother), adult (dad), teen girl and her brother, a child. I moved the dad out of the household right away and waited for the grandmother to die. She refused to accommodate me, so I finally killed her off by making her make snowmen for a sim week. But by that time the teenager was YA, so it messed up my plans for that household. Next time, the elder life stage will be the shortest possible. :twisted:

I'm even considering doing a story blog in the future. I've enjoyed reading Sarah Simmer's Driftwood legacy. (http://www.sarahsimmer.com/book-1-krista.html)
    Member of the Own the Store Club! B)
  • Options
    CalvinBruce_ukCalvinBruce_uk Posts: 576 Member
    edited December 2013
    I had an evil klepto sim. He married a friendly, charismatic sim who was also evil. I had them move into an empty house then at night they would go round the neighbourhood together visiting other houses. The wife would get in the house and chat to the owners and distract them while the husband would go sneaking around stealing stuff to furnish their own house. They ended up with more enemies than friends but they had a nice house to show for it! :twisted:
  • Options
    donnabaileydonnabailey Posts: 683 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm playing a sort of post zombie apocalypse game right now. I created or downloaded 6 sims based on the Walking Dead TV show - Rick and Carl, Maggie, Glen, Michonne, and Daryl. In CAS I made Rick and Carl father and son, Maggie and Glen boyfriend and girlfriend, and the others housemates. I then bought them the largest lot my computer can handle (50x50) and built them a rather rundown house with only 2 smallish bedrooms and one small bath. I built a fence around the lot and did not add a gate. I have Supernatural and I'm using Twallan's vector mod to create a zombie plague, but without Supernatural you can just pretend everyone not in your household is a zombie. I had them go to the grocery store and bookstore before the action started and buy seeds and books. Of course there is no electricity or natural gas service in a post apocalyptic world, so they don't have a TV, stove, fridge, or anything like that. I built them a pond and stocked it with fish spawners, and had them plant a garden. Then I put free will on high and let them go. The only things I direct them to do are tend the garden and fish if their fish supply is running low. They roast fish and veggies over a fire pit for food. Glen and Maggie share a double bed in one bedroom, Michonne, Daryl and Rick share the other bedroom, and Carl sleeps in a sleeping bag in the living room.

It's been fun watching how they entertain themselves and form relationships without my intervention. They all wait until they're bursting to try to use the toilet, and Michonne has peed herself twice because she was last in line. LOL.

They only get to leave the lot once a week, to raid dumpsters for supplies. If they encounter a zombie who makes contact with them, they die. So far no one has died, thank goodness. It's been a lot of fun.
    Appaloosa Plains Townie Makeover Project!

The Claw Machine Diaries Challenge

Though nothing can bring back the hour
    Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
    We will grieve not, rather find
    Strength in what remains behind
  • Options
    DragonMage2011DragonMage2011 Posts: 230 Member
    edited December 2013
    I've found this household 'design' quite interesting. I have three sims. Two of them are dating and the other is the male's brother. The girl I made was a very family oriented person. The man she is dating is a business man (workaholic, charismatic etc.) The brother's a very flirty, good looking guy, but he has commitment issues and conflicting traits to his brother's girlfriend.
  • Options
    Katiedancer1997Katiedancer1997 Posts: 7
    edited December 2013
    @donnabailey,
    I love that idea! I don't have Supernaturals, but I think the idea of having Sims have to fend for themselves on a lot sounds like sooo much fun!
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited December 2013
    I recently started the most challenging game I've ever played. It's a modification of the runaway teen challenge, and it requires mods to set it up. I'm not sure the rules permit me to mention the details here.

My teen has the extra challenge, a few days into the game of not only having to harvest produce to sell, eat, and plant, living on a vacant plot of land with no starting funds and no possessions except a sleeping bag and a bicycle, using public restrooms to meet her hygienic needs until she can afford to buy facilities for her own lot (which don't actually require more than one wall unit), and trying to keep up with school demands, but to also take care of a baby, and have the 75 simoleons every day to pay the babysitter so she can go to school. This has not been easy, and my teen has often been sleep deprived and stressed trying to keep up with it all.
  • Options
    Choxie77Choxie77 Posts: 364 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm playing a sort of post zombie apocalypse game right now. I created or downloaded 6 sims based on the Walking Dead TV show - Rick and Carl, Maggie, Glen, Michonne, and Daryl. In CAS I made Rick and Carl father and son, Maggie and Glen boyfriend and girlfriend, and the others housemates. I then bought them the largest lot my computer can handle (50x50) and built them a rather rundown house with only 2 smallish bedrooms and one small bath. I built a fence around the lot and did not add a gate. I have Supernatural and I'm using Twallan's vector mod to create a zombie plague, but without Supernatural you can just pretend everyone not in your household is a zombie. I had them go to the grocery store and bookstore before the action started and buy seeds and books. Of course there is no electricity or natural gas service in a post apocalyptic world, so they don't have a TV, stove, fridge, or anything like that. I built them a pond and stocked it with fish spawners, and had them plant a garden. Then I put free will on high and let them go. The only things I direct them to do are tend the garden and fish if their fish supply is running low. They roast fish and veggies over a fire pit for food. Glen and Maggie share a double bed in one bedroom, Michonne, Daryl and Rick share the other bedroom, and Carl sleeps in a sleeping bag in the living room.

It's been fun watching how they entertain themselves and form relationships without my intervention. They all wait until they're bursting to try to use the toilet, and Michonne has peed herself twice because she was last in line. LOL.

They only get to leave the lot once a week, to raid dumpsters for supplies. If they encounter a zombie who makes contact with them, they die. So far no one has died, thank goodness. It's been a lot of fun.

That's awesome!
  • Options
    SteffstarSteffstar Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited December 2013
    I once modeled a game off some drama in my real life, just amped up to the nth degree. I never took pictures or wrote anything down, and then lost the game during the first year of playing when my computer regularly ate my Sims games.

I had a couple with problems move in with the female Sim's brother. The boyfriend had commitment issues, but they weren't breaking up only because they had been high school sweethearts and the female was a little scared of being alone. The brother was also in a relationship with a girl who was lazy and wanted to be waited on hand-and-foot. There was also a roommate of the brother's, a very hardworking man who was attracted to the Sister.

I had fun with the drama of the Sister wondering if she should stay with the familiar or go with the new and exciting man, the boyfriend and the brother's girlfriend secretly flirting (both were narcissists, so they fit), the brother trying his hardest to also keep his relationship together, and the roommate feeling guilty for going after a taken woman.

• Options
    KayKayGamerGirlKayKayGamerGirl Posts: 35 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I created a young adult girl and made her Immortal and now I have her have lots of kids and they all grow up and die before her and have her max all skills.
  • Options
    SteffstarSteffstar Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited December 2013
    I created a young adult girl and made her Immortal and now I have her have lots of kids and they all grow up and die before her and have her max all skills.

I thought of doing that one time as part of a challenge. Have the founder be immortal and controlling what her descendants do in order to ensure the future she wants kind of thing.
  • Options
    KayKayGamerGirlKayKayGamerGirl Posts: 35 New Member
    edited December 2013
    You should do it, it's fun!
  • Options
    CayziCayzi Posts: 402 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm playing plant sims for the first time. :-) Really enjoying it.
    LE45tmE.png