Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with split level stairs

Right, I've managed to create the L-shaped stairs I want but due to lack of space in the house I'm building, they are not functional. I've posted some screen shots, I wonder if anyone could give me any tips as to how I can edit them to be fully functional, without impacting on the space?

Thanks in advance

g2r2.jpg

imwb.jpg

5irl.jpg

Comments

• Options
    golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member
    edited November 2013
    This is kind of the idea that I want, so if anyone knows of any CC like this if using CFE is not doable then please let me know

35479.png

China_L_shaped_2_staircase620201091345AM5.jpg

So you can see with a corner stair rather than a landing space it would take up one less square (4 squares in sims rather than 5).
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Even if you cannot help me, please give me a bump! :)
  • Options
    EndOfMyBootEndOfMyBoot Posts: 657 Member
    edited November 2013
    the way you are doing them is slightly off the top set of stairs needs to have 1 full tile at the connection to the lower set of stairs to be functional. from your screenshots simply move the door one space left and remake the upper half of the stairs
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited November 2013
    the way you are doing them is slightly off the top set of stairs needs to have 1 full tile at the connection to the lower set of stairs to be functional. from your screenshots simply move the door one space left and remake the upper half of the stairs

Good eye! I looked and looked and couldn't catch what was wrong :roll:
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Okay, I've sorted that bit now, thanks.

New problem - because the bottom set of stairs is 10 stairs high (so 2 and a half grid squares) it won't create the wall under the stairs. Is there any way to accomplish this using CFE instead? I have searched and searched and could find anything, which I though was odd as I remember doing this in TS2 so you could paint the wall as they weren't recolourable back then.
  • Options
    saschatilosaschatilo Posts: 3,007 Member
    edited November 2013
    Okay, I've sorted that bit now, thanks.

New problem - because the bottom set of stairs is 10 stairs high (so 2 and a half grid squares) it won't create the wall under the stairs. Is there any way to accomplish this using CFE instead? I have searched and searched and could find anything, which I though was odd as I remember doing this in TS2 so you could paint the wall as they weren't recolourable back then.

Not sure on the answer to this but I'm giving you a bump in the hopes that you find one! :D