Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PlumBot Construction - Good Chip Combos

I was bored at work, and I started coming up with some PlumBot Chip combinations that I'm really curious if they sell well or not.

Here are my ideas:
Nanny Bot
Installed Chips: RoboNanny, Competent Cleaner, Mood Adjuster, Sense of Humor
Concept: Taking care of babies can be messy, so having the Cleaner chip installed makes things like emptying the potty or cleaning the high chair an automatic task. Mood Adjuster is for any child that becomes unruly; simply zap them with the Happy Ray! And if a child is sad, Sense of Humor will help cheer them up without the need to zap them.
Organic Cook
Installed Chips: Solar Powered, AI Angler, RoBotanist, Steel Chef, Competent Cleaner
Concept: Why buy food from the grocery store or synthesize it when you can have a PlumBot grow your fruits and veggies organically or catch fresh fish from rivers and lakes? Solar Powered helps keep the battery charged, and when they're done, they can cook up a quality meal with those ingredients in their inventory using Steel Chef! Competent Cleaner is just there to make sure the dishes get washed.
The Entertainer
Installed Chips: Musical Machine, Sense of Humor, Mood Adjuster, Friendly Function
Concept: Want to through an epic party but don't want to be the host? This PlumBot will do that for you! It will play any instrument, tell jokes that everyone will laugh at, and if that doesn't work? Zap your guests with the Happy Ray!
CashBot
Installed Chips: Work Drone, Efficient, Simulated Emotions
Concept: Send this model to work anywhere, and the Efficient chip will make sure they will be promoted and bring home as much cash as possible. Simulated Emotions makes sure that they never go/leave work in a bad mood... unless you want them to, that is.
Two Faced
Installed Chips: Fear of Humans, Sinister, Friendly Function
Concept: This PlumBot hates humans but is still capable of being friends with them... only to see them suffer later. :twisted:
The BOT-ler
Installed Chips: Competent Cleaner, Steel Chef, RoBotanist, RoboNanny, Holo-Projector, Efficient
Concept: It cleans, cooks, cares for the kids while you sleep, and will call your friends at your request! The Efficient chip helps make sure that your butler won't break down or run out of power when you need it the most.

Anyone else got any good combo ideas for chips and why you think they are compatible with each other? Post below!

Comments

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2013
    what about a science assistants?

solor driwen
    gardner (to grow crystals)
    unlimited learning
    handy
    Efficient
    Competent Cleaner (just so you don't have to care about cleaning up)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited November 2013
    Cool thread idea! I like the suggestions too. I only have one plumbot so far, and she just has two 'sim like' traits for now. And my sim is a witch high inthe skill, ao he can instantly clean the house, so i dont need a cleaning plumbot :lol:.
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited November 2013
    I have the same chips installed as anettesb in my primary Plumbot, Tikan.
    solor driwen
    gardner (to grow crystals)
    unlimited learning
    handy
    Efficient
    Competent Cleaner (just so you don't have to care about cleaning up)
    Tikan's level 10 bot builder/inventor/logic.
    She basically runs the workshop & keeps an eye on the 2 other household/domestic bots(Tune ups/upgrades)
    The plan is for Tikan to build & upgrade the bots to sell.
    I also have 3 human Sims in the household.
    I've been building up their skills & socializing while the bots run the house & generate income.
    My Sims are living the cliche future :wink:
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    pkboopkboo Posts: 218 Member
    edited November 2013
    The one I made I used the following:
    1)steel chef
    2)ai angler
    3)robogarder
    4)handibot
    5)comptent cleaner
    6)robonanny
    7)Mood Adjuster

My idea was to mainly use her (made mine a female bot and named her Sarah as in the Sarah the AI house from the tv show Eureka) as a gardener so my sim could focus on her skill building since I got tired of having her taking up so much time with her garden and figured having the other skills would come in useful as well.
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited November 2013
    The Entertainer
    Installed Chips: Musical Machine, Sense of Humor, Mood Adjuster, Friendly Function
    Concept: Want to through an epic party but don't want to be the host? This PlumBot will do that for you! It will play any instrument, tell jokes that everyone will laugh at, and if that doesn't work? Zap your guests with the Happy Ray!
    CashBot
    Concept: Send this model to work anywhere, and the Efficient chip will make sure they will be promoted and bring home as much cash as possible. Simulated Emotions makes sure that they never go/leave work in a bad mood... unless you want them to, that is.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2013
    How about a Farmhand Plumbot?

RoBotany Gardener
    HandiBot
    Solar Powered
    Efficient
    AI Angler (to catch fish for fertilizing plants)
    Competent Cleaner (in home world, if you've got horses so they can clean the stables)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited November 2013
    You should have Efficient in just about every bot that has room for it. Solar Powered is good for most bots too, unless they are going to spend almost all of their time outdoors. Even a Nanny bot can take care of the children outside in the yard.

One thing I find annoying about the Competent Cleaner chip is that you don't get the "Clean House" interaction like you do with the Neat trait. That would be very helpful, instead of having to select every object that needs cleaning. They need to add that, or an "Instruct Plumbot..." "To Clean House" interaction from other sims.
  • Options
    pak_eapak_ea Posts: 262 New Member
    edited November 2013
    bklienhart wrote:
    You should have Efficient in just about every bot that has room for it. Solar Powered is good for most bots too, unless they are going to spend almost all of their time outdoors. Even a Nanny bot can take care of the children outside in the yard.

One thing I find annoying about the Competent Cleaner chip is that you don't get the "Clean House" interaction like you do with the Neat trait. That would be very helpful, instead of having to select every object that needs cleaning. They need to add that, or an "Instruct Plumbot..." "To Clean House" interaction from other sims.

they do that autonomously, if yours isn't then your bot is bugged. try remove the chip and reequip it.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    CashBot

Office drone + efficient chips = their performance gain is not affected by moods.
    So you do not need the simulated emotion chips for this.

The problem with the worker bot (not specific for this one you made) is that they are not workaholic and cannot boost their performance by any mean outside of work. So they are promoted quite a bit slower than regular sims (since regular sims can work from home if they are workaholic, or they can temporarily obtain workaholic trait from dream for personal finance, and they can use the dream pod to dream for career to quickly boost performance).
    Also, i am not sure Robotic Efficiency is equivalent to a regular sims with 4-5 different performance factors ALL maxed out.

My other comments is that efficient is a chip you should install for ALL different bots.

• Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited November 2013
    pak_ea wrote:
    bklienhart wrote:

they do that autonomously, if yours isn't then your bot is bugged. try remove the chip and reequip it.

I've got medium free-will set so sims and bots don't do things autonomously very often
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    bklienhart wrote:
    pak_ea wrote:
    bklienhart wrote:

I've got medium free-will set so sims and bots don't do things autonomously very often
    :shock: well, I don't know then.
    the bots are designed to be autonomous household helper. if you lower the free will it kinda defeat the entire purpose.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Two Faced
    Concept: This PlumBot hates humans but is still capable of being friends with them... only to see them suffer later. :twisted:
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited November 2013
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    Two Faced

Lol, love this one! Dont forget about adding simulated emotions to this one. You gotta see the strange emotions at play :lol:.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The BOT-ler
    Installed Chips: Competent Cleaner, Steel Chef, RoBotanist, RoboNanny, Holo-Projector, Efficient
    Concept: It cleans, cooks, cares for the kids while you sleep, and will call your friends at your request! The Efficient chip helps make sure that your butler won't break down or run out of power when you need it the most.
  • Options
    pkboopkboo Posts: 218 Member
    edited November 2013
    looks like most of us are making similar variations of a house slave.

I am thinking of making one down the road that has the haloprojector chip so my ship can communicate with the sims in the future but not sure which other chips I will add to it since I want the main function to be phone to the future.

another bot I am thinking of making is a worker to help bring in some money so will have the office drone, limitless learning, efficient chips, and friendly then the other 3 slots will either be empty or random
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited November 2013
    I play large households with full complements of pets. As far as I'm concerned, bots have to reduce the workload for the family, be self-sufficient, and stay out of my sim's way. So I make all purpose bots.

All my bots have efficient, holo projector, and solar. Then I add other functions. I fill up all the slots in every bot.

If I have room in the household, I like one bot to have music and a different bot to have artistic, which gives them something to do in their spare time. And it gives me more art for decor. Both can be used to raise simoleans, if needed.

I also make sure one bot has handy. And two bots have gardener. At least one has cleaning (two if I have room in the family).

I tried the nanny, but didn't like the level of care. I watched a toddler all the way in the red with hunger, crying -- and all the nanny bot did was tickle and lift the toddler. I didn't want a social worker coming, so I intervened and fed the kid. That, and the nanny bot kept waking up an infant, repeatedly, when it desperately needed to sleep. So I no longer use that chip.

I also have enough extra meals sitting around, just from my large sim family, so I don't need a chef bot adding to the mess.

And my sims are wealthy enough, so I don't need a worker drone.

I have no use for a "sim equivalent" bot, so I have not used any of the friendly, love, sentient, or learning chips. And I certainly have no need of a fearful or evil/destructive bot. I don't trust mood adjuster. Too much power in the hands of EA AI. ;)

The angler chip can be a real simolean maker, paired with the solar -- because the bot can fish all day, charging up, and then fish most of the night, only taking a break to repair itself. But since my sims don't need simoleans that badly, I find this a waste of an all purpose bot.

I might have missed a chip. I'm writing from memory, because my game is off, at the moment.