Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Delayed until Fall of 2014

"EA has decided to give The Sims 4 development team more time to craft the sequel. Today they announced that Sims 4 will be arriving in Fall 2014, a delay of a few months.

The company said in their earnings report last May that they would be releasing the game in "early 2014." They didn't provide a reason for delaying the game until the fall. The desire for more polish time, a holiday season launch, or both probably drove the decision. "

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Sims-4-Delayed-Sims-3-Future-Now-Available-60062.html

Not sure if this was already shared. EDIT: Here is the link to the press release:
http://news.ea.com/press-release/maxis/sims-4-shipping-fall-2014
2dkbxgx.png

Comments

• Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hopefully this means a more stable, complete game.
  • Options
    jvilla0713jvilla0713 Posts: 200 Member
    edited October 2013
    snurfles wrote:
    Hopefully this means a more stable, complete game.

Yes. I'm hoping they realized that some of the features they removed made a lot of simmers worried so they are trying to find a way to incorporate those features back into the game, even if it means pushing the release date back.
    2dkbxgx.png
  • Options
    mikrokitty78mikrokitty78 Posts: 372 Member
    edited October 2013
    I saw that today. Hopefully it means CAST, but I remain cynical. I'd originally preordered The Sims 4 as soon as it was available to do so, but canceled my order and got a refund when I learned they were actually doing to de-volve the game. It's completely beyond me how, knowing what a close eye they keep on the modding and cc community, they thought it would be a great idea to take away a feature that is obviously much-loved.

This time, I'm holding onto my money until EA shows more cards.
    Also known as Misty, Simsl3gacies, and Margaret Pendragon