Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"$60 [for a game] is a giant F-U to some gamers" - JOHN RICCITELLO

Kind of off topic, but since they're charging $59.00 ($69.99 for the digital deluxe) for Sims 4, what do you think of his statement?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/former-ea-ceo-60-is-a-giant-f-u-to-some-gamers/1100-6415732/

Thank God he isn't working at EA anymore. IMO, microtransactions are the biggest "F-U" to gamers. I'm sure he knows that. Not to mention, while he was CEO of EA, many WERE paying $60 AND had microtransactions in their games (fun fact: he wanted people to pay real money for ammo in Battlefield!)

Comments

• Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited October 2013
    Well personally I'm fine with upfront costs so long as there's no hidden costs or potentially pricey contracts. It's my style. When I buy a game I want to own it... I don't want a no frills version of Sims 3 with 50% of furniture sold separately.
  • Options
    Banksy33Banksy33 Posts: 243 Member
    edited October 2013
    wow,
    I'm sorry but I am so sick and tired of Americans complaining over game prices..
    really get over it, they have no idea on anything outside their bubble.

Almost all new release games in Australia are never under $90

Take a look at how much it will cost in stores

29uzurb.jpg

I'm not saying this is EA or anything directed at the sims. This is how every new release is priced..

yes you can complain that the currency is different but seriously you're not a third world country buying games should be a luxury if you can't afford it don't buy it.
    end of story.
  • Options
    0110933580701109335807 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, and it's even more expensive in Norway. Games usually cost around 120 $ here.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited October 2013
    This is how much I paid for Black Ops when it came out. How is this new news? $60 is the price of the game- and gamers don't seem to mind, considering the millions and millions being sold at that price in the US. If it's a lot of money to you, buy it used or go get a job.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top