Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you play Sims 3 offline

I have just started playing Sims 3 - it is so slow and preferred Sims 2 when you could play offline. Can you do this with Sims 3? :?:

Comments

• Options
    Crazyst3veCrazyst3ve Posts: 25 New Member
    edited June 2009
    easy answer yes, play like normal the connection is just there for downloads and alike really
  • Options
    pinksk22pinksk22 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine is really slow to everyone is having problems with slowness and crashing suppose we just have wait until the makers can help us with this problem?? When you click on speed 3 does it take forever cause mine does and its doing my head in!!!
  • Options
    carollsimcarollsim Posts: 238 Member
    edited June 2009
    1st thing, simple unplug the net cable :)

2nd thing, try playing in window mode :)
    IMG_6942_zpsdeuypb14.jpg
    Mr Basil and Ms Ivy now on facebook
  • Options
    kirstenhaykirstenhay Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes, mine can be really slow at times and waiting for my Sim to wake up is annoying (takes too long). Blooming annoying that you cannot go into the community buildings too. Sims 2 seems better just now - hopefully the changes will improve Sims 3.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Sorry not being thick but what do you mean by window mode?
  • Options
    kiggaxwutkiggaxwut Posts: 45 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Switch it from full screen mode to a windowed version. This usually lightens the load on your processor, which can tend to speed things up.

Make sure you exit out of all of your background applications that aren't essential. And, like always, try lowering your graphics. TS3 is much more graphic-intensive than TS2 was, especially with the new town system. Things are constantly happening around you, so when you speed time up, it's not just your household that's going faster, it's the whole town.

Perhaps turning story progression off would help, but I'm not sure about that.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Thanks but that is what I had already done and have lowered the graphics too. Will just have to be patient and wait for EA to correct the glitches.

Re playing offline I understand that the connection is just for downloads etc. but it still slows it down. Grrrrr!