Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trouble selling dragon eggs?

Searched and didn't see anything on this. Has anyone else put dragon eggs in their shop and not had trouble with them? I guess I didn't try putting them on a pedestal, I tried a display shelf and they wouldn't sit on there so I put some down right on the floor on rugs. I saw people browsing and was honestly not paying attention to what was going on. Next thing I know there were no eggs left and I found two baby dragons on the lot out of 4 eggs I had set for sale.(luckily black and green so I named them right away and took them as I had the same two stolen from my home lot by guests as I forgot to name them) I guess customers interacted with them and caused them to hatch? Has anyone else had this problem and know how to keep that from happening? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited October 2013
    I haven't tried that, yet. But your experience is interesting. I bet the townies can interact with them, autonomously. Did you check to see if any eggs sold, prior to hatching?
  • Options
    BuckinghartBuckinghart Posts: 135 Member
    edited October 2013
    amjoie wrote:
    I haven't tried that, yet. But your experience is interesting. I bet the townies can interact with them, autonomously. Did you check to see if any eggs sold, prior to hatching?

I *thought* I had seen a person or two there snatch up an egg but who knows, they could have been buying the spotlight over them lol. I don't have a shop door, just a normal one nor the register.I don't think there is a way to check specific items sold is there?

I just put down another egg, someone browsed and bought and the egg stayed. Somehow though it seems that they must be able to interact with them. Maybe they got missed in blocking that or it doesn't work with npcs. I tried using a gem cutter I had for sale and it wouldn't let me.
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited October 2013
    If you want to avoid them interacting, you'll need to fence the egg.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited October 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    If you want to avoid them interacting, you'll need to fence the egg.

Will that stop someone from talking to the egg anyway, Azn? The fencing idea sounds good, but I haven't tried any of this and have no idea what the parameters are. I need to set up a shop and try selling buy mode items just to see how it works. Sounds like my next project! I just hope the experience is a bit less hectic than owning resorts became.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, my first test store I had trouble someone talked to the egg then it hatched then someone took it, I plan to fence next attempt but I am on to another shop atm :)