Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone play with the 2009 MacBook Pro?

I'm gonna get the 2009 MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz (the top left one on this page: http://store.apple.com/us-hed/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_pro)

I'm just curious as to who has the same MacBook and can tell me how the game runs on it? (Keep in mind that I am not going to upgrade it.) Thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• Options
    xxmagicboxersxxxxmagicboxersxx Posts: 311 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I have a Macbook Pro, and the sims run fine for me. I have trouble with CC, but I think that's more a user error than it is a computer error. You just have to know a lot about where you're downloading from.

It lags sometimes, but usually if you let your computer rest between sessions, it'll be fine.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    velcroshoesvelcroshoes Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I'd recommend not playing on a macbook only because almost all (hint the word almost) notebooks have trouble playing the Sims 3 well. You may be able to play it on low quality settings. Make sure it fits the requirements or you won't be able to play at all.
  • Options
    SimFreak561SimFreak561 Posts: 122 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Yea thanks, I know that, but I'm not good with technical stuff and I just want to know from someone who has the same one that I'm getting just to get a rough idea as to what to expect.
  • Options
    ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Yea thanks, I know that, but I'm not good with technical stuff and I just want to know from someone who has the same one that I'm getting just to get a rough idea as to what to expect.

The specifications are good, and graphics are impressive.
    However, if you have the money, I recommend you use Boot Camp, buy a copy Windows, and install the game on the Windows partition of your laptop, as Mac users have been having a heck of a lot of problems regarding bugs and CC.
  • Options
    adorkable8605adorkable8605 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I just bought the 2.56 GHz. It's great and it runs the sims pretty well, somethings though are really annoying about the game on a mac. So, if you play A LOT of sims I doubt it'll be the best computer for you. I play the sims very occasionally, for only 2 hrs or so at a time and it runs well enough for me.
  • Options
    SimFreak561SimFreak561 Posts: 122 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Thank you thank you thank you! That just made me feel so good (both Shadow and adorkable). I haven't played since like June but I want to continue, and since I'm a senior in high school now I'll barely have any time to play it anyway.
  • Options
    JKG33JKG33 Posts: 88 New Member
    edited September 2009
    im on an 08, and I think the game runs great, without using bootcamp
  • Options
    PirateBobPirateBob Posts: 27 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I am on an 09 13' MacBook pro (see signature for specs) and the game runs just fine. I have had no issues at all. Everything has worked, so far so good.