Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Traits and CAS ideas

Everytime I play TS3 and create my sims, I always wish that I could have more control over 2 things; the traits my sim will grow up with and the amount of money my sims leave CAS with to buy their first home.

I love being able to make people I know, and play out their stories, so obviously traits are a huge part of this. However, I'm sure it's the same with most people, but when I was a teenager I was very different to how I am now as a young adult. I would love to see TS4 enable the ability to change a sims traits when they age. For example, my teenage sim could be rebellious and childish, but when they grow up, they grow out of these traits and I get to choose some new ones for them. Of course you can just keep the same traits, but I wish the option was there on their birthdays to change them (along with the option to change their clothes straight away instead of having to rush to the nearest wardrobe!)
Birthdays should be more of a big deal with growing up and changing, and by having options such as changing traits/clothes/hair etc, pop up after they've aged would make it feel like they've truly grown up and at a new stage of their lives.

My second suggestion is one which I believe would make a huge difference to TS4, even though it would be such a simple feature. Being able to choose how much money my sims leave CAS with, would mean that I would no longer have to move them into a beginner house, to then use the money cheat, to then move them out and move them into the house I've built for them. Of course you could have the option to start off with the basic amount, or maybe even start off with nothing at all! But being able to have that option at the beginning of the game would make the start a much smoother and realistic experience.

I hope others agree with these suggestions, as although they are not major changes, they would make a huge difference in making the gameplay smoother, after all it's the little things that make the biggest differences! :)

Comments

• Options
    CurlykatzCurlykatz Posts: 338 Member
    edited September 2013
    So no-one agrees with these or has ever thought about these?! :o!
  • Options
    simoncat11simoncat11 Posts: 29 Member
    edited September 2013
    I agree! especially about the money leaving CAS. That way you kind of have control over the difficulty you want to start out with and/or choose the kind of story you want to play out. Sometimes I like to start from scratch at the very bottom having as minimal as possible and sometimes I use cheats because I want them to already be wealthy. It would be cool if we could have the option.
  • Options
    NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited September 2013
    I couldn't strongly disagree with the second more.

The series has gotten enough hand holdingly coddling as it is without adding features specifically in place for make that easier. If you want more money then use a cheat, add a cheat that lets sims escape CREATE-A-SIM with tons of cash.

Don't make it a feature because anyone who uses it doesn't want to "pay" for it.

What do I mean? Well... They want the money for free.

So when I look at the amounts all I can go is "Wow, so... Now I don't ever have to earn money unless I am specifically challenging myself... So the game is broken without me even leaving the Create-a-Sim. How considerate of them to kill any sort of difficulty curve the game could have before the game starts"
    I would love to see TS4 enable the ability to change a sims traits when they age

Interesting idea, the ability to swap around traits.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    edited September 2013
    I already like the amount of money we have in the beginning.. I mean if you want a house that your sims deserve at least they should work for it. In TS3 they change traits from the midlife crisis reward so they might add something like this.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited September 2013
    You people realize that you can still play the game as it was. Some people are playing god, not an RPG, and they want to be in control.
  • Options
    Fin490Fin490 Posts: 49
    edited September 2013
    IMeep wrote:
    You people realize that you can still play the game as it was. Some people are playing god, not an RPG, and they want to be in control.

With that mentality they might as well take out the entire currency system. That way we can just use our imagination to decide what are sims can "afford".
  • Options
    lil_slglil_slg Posts: 1,010 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I like your idea. I think you should be allowed to choose 1 of 4 money options when leaving CAS. Options like: 12,500 25,000 50,000 75,000 . I don't see how it would make the game easier as you can simply choose to use the standard amount, same as you can choose to use cheats.
  • Options
    CurlykatzCurlykatz Posts: 338 Member
    edited September 2013
    The money idea isn't about making the game easier; I don't like how easy the game has become in terms of mood and relationship building!

But like others said, being able to choose how much you leave CAS with would just make the start up process smoother as it would eliminate having to move them into a small house, to then use a cheat and move them into the house I've built for them.

I don't like to play my game with no money, that isn't the challenging part of the game I like so I've always used cheats. Plus I'm a builder so it would pointless if I didn't use money cheats because my sims would never be able to afford the huge houses I build :P!

And like I said, there would be options there to choose the lower figure or even start off with no money! It would just be nice to have the option right from the beginning :)