Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this computer good?

My dad wants me to ask if this graphics card is good and if its compatible with The Sims.
NVIDIA Geforce
GTX 760-4GB
SLI MODE
(Dual Cards)

Comments

• Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited July 2013
    My dad wants me to ask if this graphics card is good and if its compatible with The Sims.
    NVIDIA Geforce
    GTX 760-4GB
    SLI MODE
    (Dual Cards)
    You only listed the graphics card and not the rest of the specs for the computer. While that is a newer graphics card from nVidia and has 4GB of dedicated memory and dual cards, need to see the rest of the specs since you are asking about the computer. :wink:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    cherry022806cherry022806 Posts: 3,255 Member
    edited July 2013
    Sorry yes I meant graphics card and forgot to go and change the title. Sorry I was in a rush.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Here are computer specs

iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion 1 x [6-Port] NZXT Internal USB Expansion System + Bluetooth & Wireless N Modules-
    Processor 1 x Intel® Core™ i7 3820 Processor (4x 3.60GHz/10MB L3 Cache)-Intel Core i7 3820
    iBUYPOWER PowerDrive 0 x None-
    Processor Cooling 1 x Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooling System-ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)
    Memory 1 x 32 GB [4 GB X8] DDR3-1866 Memory Module-Corsair or Major Brand
    Video Card 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - 4GB-SLI Mode (Dual Cards)
    Free Stuff 1 x [FREE In-Game Voucher] - $150 Value In-Game Currencies: Hawken, Planetside 2, and World of Tanks (2 x $25 for each title)-Free with purchase of NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 or above SLI / 3-way SLI
    Free Stuff 1 x [FREE In-Game Voucher] - $75 Value In-Game Currencies: Hawken, Planetside 2, and World of Tanks ($25 for each title)-Free with purchase of NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 or above
    Free Stuff 1 x [FREE Game Voucher] - Metro: Last Light-Free with purchase of NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 or above
    Free Stuff 1 x [FREE] - EagleTech Arion Bluetooth 3.0 Headset-FREE w/ Systems over $1599 (Colors may vary)
    Motherboard 1 x Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 -- 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16-
    Power Supply 1 x 650 Watt - Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2-Free Upgrade to 750 Watt Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 ($20 Savings)
    Primary Hard Drive 1 x 120 GB ADATA S510 SSD-Single Drive
    Data Hard Drive 1 x 1 TB WD VelociRaptor HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 10000 RPM, 6.0Gb/s-Single Drive
    Optical Drive 1 x 24x Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive-Black *Independence Day Sale* FREE Upgrade to BLU-RAY Reader Combo Drive for Primary Optical Drive
    2nd Optical Drive 1 x 24x Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive-Black
    Flash Media Reader / Writer 1 x 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer-Black
    Meter Display 1 x AeroCool V12XT Touch Screen Fan, Temperature Control & HDD Working Display-
    Sound Card 1 x 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard-
    Network Card 1 x Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)-
    Operating System 1 x Windows 8 + Office 2010 Trial [Free 60-Day !!!]-64-bit
    Keyboard 1 x iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Keyboard-FREE Upgrade to A4Tech LED Backlit Gaming Keyboard ($19 value)
    Mouse 1 x iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Mouse-Blood Red
    Monitor 1 x 32" LED MHL TV 1920x1080 -- Sceptre E325BV-FMDU-FREE Upgrade from 32" LCD TV ($200 Instant OFF)
    2nd Monitor 0 x None-
    Speaker System 1 x Logitech S120 2.0 Speaker System-
    Video Camera 0 x None-
    Case Engraving Service 0 x None-
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Looks good and should be able to run the game just fine. The only thing I'm not fond of are the SSD only 120 GB. I would switch that out for a regular hard drive with at least 7200 RPM. You don't get enough space for the amount you pay on an SSD less than 512 GB (which cost) and you will run out of space faster than you think. I personally don't think they are worth it for the amount of space you loose. Otherwise, you should be good to go. :thumbup:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • Options
    ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    edited July 2013
    Another thing to note is that Sims 3 does not support SLI so when playing you'd want to disable one of the cards.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Another thing to note is that Sims 3 does not support SLI so when playing you'd want to disable one of the cards.
    Yes thank you I forgot about that. Good looking out! :wink:
  • Options
    ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    edited July 2013
    blunote00 wrote:
    Yes thank you I forgot about that. Good looking out! :wink:

No problem! Any time :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thank you so much for the information it helped us out a lot.
  • Options
    cutie9676cutie9676 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Just for anyone new looking here SLI is supported in the new patches though I would recommend a single card like instead of two gtx 760 maybe go for a gtx 770 it's cheaper then two 760's. Also if you need extra power for a more power game like BF3 you can SLI it. But if you have a small budget one 760 with the right cpu and ram can tun the sims 3 on high setting just fine. If you have any questions pm me I'd be glad to help.