Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Population Queue for World Builders

I made this world to keep sim households while I build a world. I often do community projects where other simmers donate sims, this way I can keep them all separated for each world I'm working on. Then, right before export I can remove my library folder, restart my game, and save to the bin just the sims I need to import into the world I'm finishing using the Porter Mod by Twallen. I though someone else might find it useful too.

Population Queue for World Builders

large.jpg

wuf0xg.jpg

This has 50 lots, all priced at 0 so it doesn't mess up the amount of funds you want each household to have. 50 different households, which should be plenty unless all your sims are single. Here are the instructions for prepopulating. Thank you Kiwi!

CAW Population: Populating Worlds in Create-a-World by Kiwi-Tea @ Pasimfic Wiki
CAW Population: Balancing Your Population by Kiwi-Tea @ Pasimfic Wiki

Comments

• Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited July 2011
    What a great idea! Im going to have to try making a populated world someday. ;)
  • Options
    whitepawn23whitepawn23 Posts: 308 Member
    edited September 2013
    I have a question. I've been using this to create sims for my world and I'm currently halfway through the second row. I've been creating a household "to play", dumping it into a house, hitting 'edit town', then 'change household', and then creating a new family/solo sim. Rinse/repeat...on down the line. Now, I plant the family, but the house stays locked, and the selected household is blank (no portraits on the left side). I go back to the prior save, all is well, plant families from the library menu, then upon the next new family build, same issue.

Is this an expected artifact of this storage world? Will my sims be ok here for storage until I'm ready to populate, or is this a complete aberration in which I need to remove the library, delete this world queue, download a new world queue and re-plant the sims? I don't need to play these sims, I just need need them safely stored such that the porter mod will work.
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hmm......
    I think I would get rid of that save game, and start a new one.

I've created several more of these population queues, I'm om my third one I think. I added a City Hall, so I can access the NRass Town Demographics, and reset Town option before placing them all in my library. I also got rid of the houses so you can see all the sims, added parking spots and bicycle racks so you can quickly plop down cars and bikes you can then pull into their inventory. The lots also are at 0 cost so you can adjust the family funds without having to do any math in your head. :lol:
    Here's the link for it if you'd like it:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/cb17a50iltcsd13/Population_Queue_9_13.Sims3Pack
  • Options
    thetideschangingthetideschanging Posts: 250 New Member
    edited September 2013
    This is awesome! I was wanting to attempt to populate my world once it is done. Thanks!