Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did you do with Hobert's Hideaway?

Would like to start off by first saying I'm not 100% sure if that is the correct name. When my Sim bought it a long time ago, I changed it immediately and no longer remember if that is the correct original name.

I never really had any plans for the resort. Just to upgrade it and add the items needed to make it a 5 star resort. I just had plans to take the money in, and that was it. Thing is though, I've grown very bored with the resort and finally decided to do some real renovating. I'm talking about I knocked down every wall and foundation. I was kind of working with some ideas, and the one idea I decided one I realize I hate. It just isn't going too well. I was going to just give up on it and sell the lot, but I decided against that. Now I'm stuck.

What I'm asking is for some ideas to get me going in a new direction. Maybe throw some out to me or better yet if you have any pictures, I would love to see them! I just need some inspiration! :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited August 2013
    Sorry no pics.

I built a indoor pool with a gym above it where the front desk was and then the roaches.Sold the resort to some out of towners now they are stuck with roaches and lazy staff.
  • Options
    LucyBorgiaLucyBorgia Posts: 753 Member
    edited August 2013
    I thought about what I would like in a resort, and am gradually turning it into somewhere I'd like to go to with my real family. Is it somewhere you'd go to yourself, & if not, can you turn it into that?

If you're not enjoying it though, why keep it? Yes, the money every day is handy, but you'd get money from selling it.
  • Options
    IzziebelleIzziebelle Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited August 2013
    Left it alone-my sim family owns the two newest resorts in town anyway. The Hideaway kind of reminds me of some beaches I go to while on holiday in the Caribbean. I'm only there for the day and you generally never eat on shore, so as long as the beach is nice and the change room isn't too funky...it's okay :D
  • Options
    MysticalMummaMysticalMumma Posts: 87 Member
    edited September 2013
    Here are some shots of my resort.

hideaway4_zps441892fe.png?t=1379137595

hideaway3_zpsb9d2d837.png?t=1379137595

hideaway2_zpsaaabb1af.png?t=1379137595

hideaway1_zps3112ed2c.png?t=1379137595

It's nothing fancy but it reached five stars.
  • Options
    vonHentzauvonHentzau Posts: 419 Member
    edited September 2013
    Wow, MystialMumma, I am impressed! I only just tried resorts this weekend, so I am working with Hobarts. Yours looks luxurious, for sure! Mine still looks a little run down, but I think I finally got the buffets sorted out. You've given me some ideas; especially those VIP bungalows. They look great!

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Just be sure to move them slightly towards the centre of your beach otherwise you'll have boat routing issues like I did the first time I made them.
  • Options
    cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    edited September 2013
    Thought I'd add my two cents. It's still a work in progress as I am doing all the upgrades with profits earned from the place. I've reached four stars so far.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

This is, obviously, a night time shot, as my Sims are heading to dinner!

The central building is my main reception, gym and bathrooms. The thatched block to the right are the VIP suites. Out on the raised deck is the main dining room with a little open bar.

There is a small pool and a little secluded area for weddings.

Its kind of on three levels, the beach at the bottom, a small promenade area (the white bit) which still needs work and the top section where most of the buildings are.

I am planning to upgrade the towers (they are still both level one) and add a second story of both VIP suites and the main building.

Found an earlier photo, during the day.

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I love how you put your buffet over the water. You've given me some great ideas. Thanks.