Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NRaas Mods. Need Some Advice

I have three questions this evening, so I'm posting them separately to keep them short.

So, I was browsing the NRaas website, and came across some really interesting...and tempting Mods. The first one that caught my attention was

Written Word and it allows Sims to buy books that my Sims have written in the books store.

The Next, well it's several Mod all related, that allow for alternative Career Choices, such as Assassin,and Tart.

The CAF allows for a teen to occupy a household without an adult being present.

Home Opener allows a player to open any home in town. This one really interests me because I have always been terribly curious about what exactly is inside those community buildings, like the Diner, the Bistro, the School. etc.

It can cause bloating though whatever that is, and can use a lot of memory. But, after I satisfy my curiosity, I'll probably stop using it.

What I want to ask is, are these Mods all safe to use? I know that Twallan is a much respected Modder, and his Mods have saved the game for a lot of people. I already use three of his Mods, and my game seems to run more smoothly, with fewer problems. Should I go ahead an satisfy my curiosity about these Mods? Crinrict? Blunote?

Comments

• Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    edited September 2011
    All of Twallan's mods are safe to use as long as you remove them before patching or installing EPs or SPs. Then make sure you get the updated versions before putting them back in the game. I have at least 12 of his mods. :D
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited September 2011
    I have three questions this evening, so I'm posting them separately to keep them short.

So, I was browsing the NRaas website, and came across some really interesting...and tempting Mods. The first one that caught my attention was

Written Word and it allows Sims to buy books that my Sims have written in the books store.

The Next, well it's several Mod all related, that allow for alternative Career Choices, such as Assassin,and Tart.

The CAF allows for a teen to occupy a household without an adult being present.

Home Opener allows a player to open any home in town. This one really interests me because I have always been terribly curious about what exactly is inside those community buildings, like the Diner, the Bistro, the School. etc.

It can cause bloating though whatever that is, and can use a lot of memory. But, after I satisfy my curiosity, I'll probably stop using it.

What I want to ask is, are these Mods all safe to use? I know that Twallan is a much respected Modder, and his Mods have saved the game for a lot of people. I already use three of his Mods, and my game seems to run more smoothly, with fewer problems. Should I go ahead an satisfy my curiosity about these Mods? Crinrict? Blunote?
    The only one of the three you mentioned that I use is the CareerMod along with the CareersDataMods as I like having the additional options. I don't have use for the Written Word or the Home Opener. If I want to see other homes I just click on the ground of the lot and choose either build/buy on this lot. I haven't heard anything bad about any of his mods being unsafe. If you do decide to get them make sure to get the Readme.txt as well so you know how to uninstall them. There are specific uninstall instructions for the CareersMod. :wink:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited September 2011
    I love Twallan's mods. I do not have any other 3rd party mods installed but Twallan's. My town was boring and dying without Twallan's Story Progression.

What I have installed are:

Overwatch
    Master Controller
    Careers
    Carrers expansion pack
    Story Progression
    Story Progression Expanded and Extra packs
  • Options
    jkmartinez2jkmartinez2 Posts: 2,858 Member
    edited September 2011
    I use almost all Twallan's Mods and they are the only thing that have made the game playable. Without his Mods I probably wouldn't play.
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited September 2011

this one is obselete as you can do that now on the computer...under writing

ETA...nevermind read it wrong...sorry
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited September 2011
    It will also let you buy books that other sims have written and it goes from town to town, I use that and the once read and about 10-12 of his other mods, they are safe and easy to use Edit, you don't need the opener just use MC to open with ;)
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    nedswifenedswife Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited September 2011
    I use almost all Twallan's Mods and they are the only thing that have made the game playable. Without his Mods I probably wouldn't play.

Oh, same here. I went through the whole 'reaching level 10' in careers etc and don't want to do that anymore when I start a new family. Twallan's mods make this game so much more enjoyable and playable for me.

I have never had a problem with any of his mods.

Twallan, I kiss the ground you walk on :thumbup:

Oh, and DARK5ID3, I want to thank you for making me do something stupid and try to squish that ant on my screen LOLOL. We have a lot of ants here, and they are everywhere. That one however, would not die!!!
  • Options
    l8nytsimmerl8nytsimmer Posts: 1,528 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Wow! Thanks guys. I'll go to the site and download them now. Mr. Twallan, I am so thankful for your hard work. You are a real genius! It's too bad that EA can't take the time to do what Twallan and other modders continue to do!

Oh, and I always move my mods to my desktop before patching and uninstall/reinstalling my game.

Blunote, I'll remember to save those Readme files from now on! Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    Flowerscotland76Flowerscotland76 Posts: 263 New Member
    edited September 2013
    What is "MC" to open the lots?
  • Options
    danacnbrettdanacnbrett Posts: 102 Member
    edited September 2013
    "Home Opener" will not let you see inside rabbit holes.
  • Options
    lil_slglil_slg Posts: 1,010 New Member
    edited September 2013
    What is "MC" to open the lots?

Master Controller :wink: very handy