Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Good Custom Content Sites for Female Hair?

A few days ago my laptop had to be wiped and I lost all of my custom content.
What sites are your favorites for free female custom content hair? I'm trying to replace all of the ones that I lost.

Thank you so much!! :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    rgirl1rgirl1 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited April 2012
  • Options
    sims3awesomegirlsims3awesomegirl Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Anyone know good site for female/male hair? I've tried Anubis before but it did NOT work for me!!!! :thumbdown: :(
  • Options
    SloanyBearSloanyBear Posts: 497 Member
    edited September 2013
    Newsea has SOME free hair
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited September 2013
    It's very frustrating!

Sheilagoespsycho_zps6fff3b75.jpg"width=640"

Some of the hairs they have in the games are ok, but I recall trying to find some "big hair" from the 1980's (that take a whole can of spray to hold in place) for my musician sim. I didn't find what I wanted so I was forced to settle. She didn't take it too well...
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    mckenziefombymckenziefomby Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    I'm worried if I download custom content I might virus my computer does anyone know somewhere safe to download it?
  • Options
    Choxie77Choxie77 Posts: 364 Member
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    desertgirl29desertgirl29 Posts: 107 Member
    edited November 2013
    I love the hairstyles from Newsea, some of them are free. You can also find some of Newsea styles on The Sims Resource, Skysims also has nice hairstyles on there.

http://www.newseasims.com/index.php

Here's a site that has some nice male hairstyles:

http://lapizrazuli.blogspot.com/search/label/Male Hair
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm worried if I download custom content I might virus my computer does anyone know somewhere safe to download it?

Wow old thread!

You won't get a virus if you use delphy's custard/dashboard tools
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    OceanBeautyIIOceanBeautyII Posts: 27,012 Member
    edited November 2013
    I get most of my hair from the sims resource but butterflysims has some nice female hair for you. The only downside is that most of it is donation but you'll love the ones that are free! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    edited November 2013
    TSR is now free and I love most of the hair from that site. Most of it is safe. A few years ago I ad problems with one specific creator. Her|his stuff was messed up. It looked nice in the photos but it looked like crap on my sims.
  • Options
    angiebabe1859angiebabe1859 Posts: 199 New Member
    edited November 2013
    You can always get "donation" hairstyles for free at sims cave. I'd stay away from Butterflysims, their website is crawling with malware, it's best to just download another creator's retexture of it, you can find plenty of hair retextures at mysims3blog under the female hair section here: http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/search/label/Female Hair . Some other sites for good female hair are: coolsims, my blue book, shock and shame, darkosims and s-club have a few, and peggyzone, kewai-dou, i like teh sims!, savio's stuff, raonjena, and poseidon sims.
  • Options
    Choxie77Choxie77 Posts: 364 Member
    edited November 2013

Wow old thread!

You won't get a virus if you use delphy's custard/dashboard tools

LOL! I didn't even notice how old this thread was. Well, still a good resource to pop up under searches.
  • Options
    eilidh321eilidh321 Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    I just got a new laptop, but i'm wanting to install custom content, does it come with any glitches?
  • Options
    teddyrocks99teddyrocks99 Posts: 8
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    Zorse8Zorse8 Posts: 8
    edited April 2014
    eilidh321 wrote:
    I just got a new laptop, but i'm wanting to install custom content, does it come with any glitches?

Well, most of it doesn't have any glitches. But watch out! I wouldn't recommend downloading custom content from The Exchange, here on this website. I downloaded one, and it gave me a really glitchy adult clothing piece that also went on children, and it made the children have a scary mix of an adult and child body.

Anyway, I recommend downloading all your custom content from The Sims Resource, so far I haven't found any glitchy/buggy CC there. I also recommend you should download your makeup, hair, contacts, etc from PralineSims, she's a great artist.

For mods, I recommend you go to Mod The Sims. I'm downloading a bunch of great mods from it, including one where you choose the foods that go onto buffet tables, and with University Life, you can even add in herbs! Also, with Supernatural, you can add Honey into it! Its awesome. Well, that's my long-winded 4-hour-long reply! [/color]
  • Options
    gam3rgrl123gam3rgrl123 Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    I just download everyfin off of mod the sims wwebsite.
    It makes it easier to put the files in! =)
  • Options
    secondendersecondender Posts: 63 Member
    edited June 2014
    This is very helpful!
    Anubis has some great ones. c: http://anubis360.blogspot.com/
    TSR has more.
    *poofs*
    simblr :3
  • Options
    arielharris2arielharris2 Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    i know how worried i was when i started getting CC but i'm still very weary of what goes in my game i would just be careful about ''Sims 3 Packs'' there a bit more hard to get rid of. .package files are much more easy they look hard but all it there is to it is downloading a folder a clicking a few buttons. check out sim sweaties vidio on how to install CC she explanes it really well.
  • Options
    arielharris2arielharris2 Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    i know how worried i was when i started getting CC but i'm still very weary of what goes in my game i would just be careful about ''Sims 3 Packs'' there a bit more hard to get rid of. .package files are much more easy they look hard but all it there is to it is downloading a folder a clicking a few buttons. check out sim sweaties vidio on how to install CC she explanes it really well.
  • Options
    IncredibleDesiIncredibleDesi Posts: 176 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Like many people are saying, TSR is a good site to get CC from :D.

Downloading from The Exchange can give you viruses, considering you don't know where it comes from. Downloading from the Exchange gives you the 80% chance that you'll get a virus.

http://thesimsresource.com/ is 95% safe, you just need to be careful with what you download :/ Some artists might have the nerve to hide a virus in there somewhere. On my old computer, I got a virus and I can't use it anymore at all. I think that was because I had so much CC from The Exchange.

Blogspots and Tumblrs are alright, but you just need to be wary of what extracting file you get. I don't use Winrar, because my sister got a virus from Winfrost, the same company..

The Sims Resource isn't only for hair, but it has objects, sets, clothing, accessories, makeup, patterns, walls, floors, pets, sims, and even terrain paints :P

PLUS, it also has CC for TS2, and TS1.

Heres the hair category: http://thesimsresource.com/downloads/browse/category/sims3-hair/
  • Options
    loopylootloopyloot Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Hey a good website is The Sims Resource, it is easy to use, has over 850000 downloads and has all sorts of things ranging from make up, hairs (male and female), clothes (male and female), sims (male and female), pets (male and female) and lots! but best of all I've been using it for ages and I have had no bugs!

I hope this helps, i really like this website!

By the way to get to it just search in the sims resource, and it should come up