Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seeds and Plants

Some suggestions for Seeds and plants.

First, I'd like to see an option to Pick up ALL seeds in the area. Normally when out getting seeds, there are usually only a few in one given spot, however the Stonesthrow Greenhouse tends to produce quite a bit, not that I'm complaining. So when I send my sim there to pick up seeds I have to pick up each one individually, and it would be easier if I could send click on one seed, or general area and tell him to pick up all the seeds.

Another suggestion I'd like to make is new types of plants, such as:

Corn. Why do we not have this yet? It's one of the most basic foods. Perhaps even make a popcorn popper to go with it so we could make popcorn. :)

Chocolate trees. Come on, think of the possibilities.

Uses for the seeds we already have, such as:

A regular coffee pot, or Tea kettle that will allow us to make teas and regular coffee with the coffee beans and herbs that came with University. Or just upgrade the coffee makers we currently have to allow this.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!!

Diamond
TSR%20Banner.png

Comments

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited September 2013
    Oranges, along with a juicer. Why can't we make fruit juices?
  • Options
    D2DiamondD2Diamond Posts: 307 Member
    edited September 2013

Yes, this is what I forgot. I had just asked my friend this same question a couple days ago! We need oranges, and a juicer! I miss that from Sims 2. :)

Thank you!
    TSR%20Banner.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Bumpity bump bump!
    TSR%20Banner.png
  • Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I would love corn, chocolate, and oranges! I think those would all be really fun. I want the corn especially, so I can have a nice field of it on a farmhouse lot! I'd also like to see strawberries and beanpoles make a comeback from Sims Seasons. And something new that I'd like to see is wheat! Maybe with a windmill or some other kind of grindstone as premium content? You could make flour out of it, and then you could bake break, cookies, pies, cakes -- the works!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    OMG the juicer! That would be an amazing thing to have back! Maybe they could make the juicer into premium content, and have lots of fruits and veggies in a set with it?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I just skimmed through the Green Thumb Petition thread for some more ideas, and there are some really great ones there!
    - Rice: I love this idea a lot. It could be a really interesting chance to do something unique with gardening. Perhaps you'd have to do it near water, necessitating a pond or something?
    - Dragon Fruit: Maybe this could be designed to work with Dragon Valley?
    - Soybeans: This would be excellent for Vegetarian sims. Instead of having to run to the store to buy tofu, they could grow soybeans and make their own.
    - Walnut: This would be a fun tree to add to the game, especially if we got a fun moodlet to go with it! I don't know how many of you have ever eaten wild walnuts before, but my favorite are black walnuts. They have a tough outer hide that can get all over your fingers. The moodlet (maybe named 'Smudgy Fingers') could be good or bad. Good: Your fingers may be messy, but it was worth it! Bad: You've made a mess of yourself, clean up, you slob!
    Also, we don't have anywhere near enough berries in the game, making me sway rather strongly toward raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/gameplay/view-post/post/86/
    I also remembered something really cool from Sims 2 -- the Pureed Boot Juice! Remember how you could accidentally catch a boot while fishing, and then you could put it in the juicer and drink it? That might be a funny thing to have return!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    TheFairyBug, those are some great ideas. I'm excited to see that they just added orange trees to the newest venu. Now all we need is the juicer.

Diamond
    TSR%20Banner.png