Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

wish I could exchange or refund dragon valley

Wish I didn't buy Dragon valley >_< gah! The pain of regret! I really thought I would love the medievalness and I bought the gold dragon valley and a lot of outfits...boy I wish I didn't spend all those points now :-( I just really can't get into it and I find the dragons really lame. I wish there were a refund or exchange programme! Lol. I'm happy playing island paridiso even though I can't run a hotel without crashing really. Wish I spent my points on other clothes etc. now I have all this useless medieval stuff floating around! 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

Ok that's my whinge lol, anyone else have a regret??

Comments

• Options
    hippiechick7897hippiechick7897 Posts: 302 Member
    edited September 2013
    You may want to change the title of your post before the admins pull it. Kiddies on the board and all.

I don't care much for dragon valley either. The dragons get old fast and are little more than glorified parrots.
    Tomorrow has been cancelled due to a lack of interest.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    meekeeleekeemeekeeleekee Posts: 202 Member
    edited September 2013
    Noted, I forget about young simmers sometimes!
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited September 2013
    I feel that way about Lucky Palms.

"This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    TerseRat5204TerseRat5204 Posts: 3,701 Member
    edited September 2013
    Well, they give you pics and all. People also put out videos of the place that you can easily find on the internet.
    They won't really refund you for changing your mind since you thought you would love it and then end up hating it.
    Personally, I like all the worlds. If you hate it so much, uninstall it from your game and don't bother downloading it again and when you have that thought that you love the medevilness again, just remember the pain and suffering you went through when you played the world

Banner%2BFor%2BSims.jpg

• Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited September 2013
    I found DV was very what you see is what you get, I didn't think it was medieval and I am annoyed so many people think/assume it is/was (at best is is a story book/fairy tale world), however it can be turned to a medieval world easier than the rest of the store/EP worlds.

If you want to salvage the world and go medieval there are lots of medieval/castle builds available. Besides that you just have buyers remorse which happens even to the best of us I found Diesel SP the saddest sack of stuff (and others like it and even want more stuff like it) I mean there literally looks-like a potato sack dress, so I know that feeling.

It is a high risk of buy digital or code redeeming products. I lost $100s on digital stuff for zynga games cause FB and me had a fight. I can't play, see or give away (some were transferable) my products and zynga can't do anything (they even tried to get my account back by contacting FB to contact me as a favor (I was chums with some zynga reps at the time)). In the end only fault was really mine and why I hate FB with a passion.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited September 2013
    Awwww... I know how you feel, cos I wish I hadn't bought Lunar Lakes and all those futuristic sets. I don't use any of that stuff any more, it's a real waste. But then again - it's always there if I have a change of heart and fancy something different one day :D

I try to look at it this way - if I'd spent the LL money on something like a day-trip out or a theatre ticket or something, then my enjoyment would have been over in no time. At least this is something you can keep for always. I find that I sometimes change my mind with hoods anyway - I used to detest Twinbrook, for example, but now I enjoy playing there. So there's always the chance you may look at it differently some time in the future.
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited September 2013
    Change it into what you want. Bulldoze rabbit holes and replace them with a rabbit hole from another world. Rebuild houses or replace them with houses from another world. Nothing says you have to leave a world the way it came from the store or EP. Play it your way.

The topography of the world is beautiful. And you bought it, so use it for something other than what it was intended. Something you can "get into."

You could also dress your sims in the medieval costumes for Spooky Day. Or fill the Ren Faire lot with interactive things from other worlds and expansions, as well as all the medieval things. Once in a while your sims can visit there and enjoy themselves, dressed in costume.

I'm sure, if you give it some thought, you can still get your money's worth out of this world. :)

All that being said, I do know how you feel, because I bought AS to use as my "winter wonderland" world. And because of the really ugly snow glitch in that world, it is NOT the world I wanted. However, it is still a pretty world for the other seasons. Sigh. Just not what I wanted.

• Options
    meekeeleekeemeekeeleekee Posts: 202 Member
    edited September 2013
    thanks for the responses. I just find the styling of the houses very underwhelming. I mean, do they even TRY to make them look semi decent?? It's crazy. I mean who the heck decorates these houses?

I got a house from the exchange that looked fantastic with no CC at all, it was functional and had the medieval/fae kind of whimsey. Sad that the players can do better than the creators lol.

I know it was my own fault, should have really scanned the images and videos etc. But it LOOKED pretty cool. I also bought Aurora Skies, I love it but its a bit small for my liking, I love the houses :-)
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited September 2013
    thanks for the responses. I just find the styling of the houses very underwhelming. I mean, do they even TRY to make them look semi decent?? It's crazy. I mean who the heck decorates these houses?

I got a house from the exchange that looked fantastic with no CC at all, it was functional and had the medieval/fae kind of whimsey. Sad that the players can do better than the creators lol.

I know it was my own fault, should have really scanned the images and videos etc. But it LOOKED pretty cool. I also bought Aurora Skies, I love it but its a bit small for my liking, I love the houses :-)

Most store worlds have that problem cause it is Base + what the world comes with. I find it great cause I am a builder but when you just want to go play it is annoying. I did find DV and MV out of all the worlds decent in keeping a theme without looking too modern considering out of the others that sort of meant to be modern (SL, LP, HS, AS, etc.) Also yes most store worlds seem pretty small only HS seemed big enough but I didn't like how bright eye burning green it was.

Have you been checking the DV sharing thread? It is a great resource :)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/675977.page
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited September 2013

Mind sharing a link of that lot? I bet you that lot included content from other Expansion Packs/Stuff Packs/Store Content that most likely help flesh it out.

When it comes to being Base Game Only worlds, they can only decorate so much with the limited # of objects that come with the world. ;)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited September 2013
    I thought EA did a pretty decent job with the homes in DV. They are definitely improving on them since the early days :lol:

It must be difficult for them to do it with base game objects only (plus the world items, of course).

I think a large part of the fun of a new hood is going through it and editing the Lots, adding in store content, EP stuff etc. I usually spend a few weeks doing this before I even play a new hood, and I have tons of fun doing it. But I can understand that some people probably wouldn't want to do that, they might just want to be able to jump in and play straight away.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited September 2013
    It's not my favorite either but I love the rabbit holes and alot of the other content that came with it. I've added those rabbit holes to a remake of BB that I'm doing,lol.
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited September 2013
    I think sometimes people really need to research what they are buying more thoroughly before they actually spend any money. Especially with a game like the Sims where everything is made available to see on preview days, for expansions, and when they are actually released. Fansites like SimsVIP and various online reviewers do a good job of giving you the information you need to make an informed job, (though I wish SimsVIP showed some hairstyles from different angles, but that's a personal thing :lol: ).
  • Options
    JennygirlJennygirl Posts: 600 Member
    edited September 2013

I know what you mean. I didn't realize that the majority of the sims were rainbow sims with pointy ears. I knew there were some, but after remaking 3 households, I just got bored and moved onto a different world. I hate that you have to edit so much. (yes, i know they just come with the world + base game stuff, but it doesn't make it less annoying.)

Off topic, it really bothers me that the store never released a professional bar. I never use the juice bars that come with everything else, and I'm really sick of the 2 that came with LN, especially with having to edit lots in all new worlds to add them. So much other EP content has been added to the store, why not real bars? It'd be doing everyone a favor.