Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Sims4 returning to a game more similar to Sims2?

From what I have seen in trailers, etc. the Sims4 looks more similar to the Sims2 in terms of the sims themselves and the interface. Maybe the game is being simplified so that it is more similar to other game platforms like xbox, etc, but I hope that the Sims4 will recapture the magic that the game had with Sims2 and early in the Sims3 game. I never loved the Sims3 more than when I played Christopher Steele in the law enforcement career and Claire Ursine watched autonomously from her living room window as her rummaged through her trash can for evidence against her. Early in the Sims3, the sims were like living "*****" creatures and the claims for the new Sims3 game promoted them as such. But then World Adventures changed this and the sims became more like the students in Sims2 University that stood behind the dorm room door after returning and only became visible in build/buy mode. This change in the Sims3 cut the heart out of the game for me and the Sims3 since has been more or less a building set with occasional gameplay. The Sims3 game has been revised several times regarding the deactivation of sims in households not in active gameplay. I understand that the game does not have the capability to calculate 100+ sims simultaneously, but this issue made the game fake to me. I suggested in a form years ago that the game was "overbuilt" and that it would be better with fewer sims that were fully autonomous. If the Sims4 is in pre alpha stage, I hope that a game creator will read my comments and consider them. Am I the only one that cares about this issue?

Comments

• Options
    misgavmisgav Posts: 249 New Member
    edited September 2013
    From what I have seen in trailers, etc. the Sims4 looks more similar to the Sims2 in terms of the sims themselves and the interface. Maybe the game is being simplified so that it is more similar to other game platforms like xbox, etc, but I hope that the Sims4 will recapture the magic that the game had with Sims2 and early in the Sims3 game. I never loved the Sims3 more than when I played Christopher Steele in the law enforcement career and Claire Ursine watched autonomously from her living room window as her rummaged through her trash can for evidence against her. Early in the Sims3, the sims were like living "*****" creatures and the claims for the new Sims3 game promoted them as such. But then World Adventures changed this and the sims became more like the students in Sims2 University that stood behind the dorm room door after returning and only became visible in build/buy mode. This change in the Sims3 cut the heart out of the game for me and the Sims3 since has been more or less a building set with occasional gameplay. The Sims3 game has been revised several times regarding the deactivation of sims in households not in active gameplay. I understand that the game does not have the capability to calculate 100+ sims simultaneously, but this issue made the game fake to me. I suggested in a form years ago that the game was "overbuilt" and that it would be better with fewer sims that were fully autonomous. If the Sims4 is in pre alpha stage, I hope that a game creator will read my comments and consider them. Am I the only one that cares about this issue?

i really wish its a mix of sims2 and 3 upgraded, over all i like it.
    but i think it is more like sims 2 which i like.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm OK with sims not visible being deactivated. It would make the game run faster and allow for fuller cities.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hopefully. TS3 is boring, while TS2 is not. TS2 had so many things that I loved and still do to this day. I find myself taking out TS3 more often than usual just to play TS2 :lol: . When TS4 comes out, I won't do the same with TS3. I'll just throw it out, or shove the games in a container, and lock them up. Now TS2, now that's a game I'll play forever :mrgreen: