The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

School system? Instruments?

What kind of school system is the Sims 4 going to have?
I'm hoping that there will be more extra circular activities for teens and children. Try outs for sports, a marching band, cheer team, and more clubs and stuff. I also want the teen and children to have grades(1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.). I'm hoping they also include students being able to choose electives and honors classes(I highly doubt this possible though, because other countries have different school systems).
Are they going to offer more instruments in the base game?
I saw a violin on the 4 trailer preview they had and I really wanna know if they're gonna be offering more. I'm really hoping that my include instruments like flute and clarinet and piano in the base game.
What do you all think?

Comments

• Options
    tomyjaytomyjay Posts: 24 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I was really hoping that Generations had some type of school band. I hope they do in Sims 4.
  • Options
    kitandraekitandrae Posts: 1,081 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Im really hoping or sim kids and teens will have more to involve them in the game.

I'd love it if behind the school was some sort of invisible area you can place were sims teens and kids will go to do their activities...kinda how in show time you could set the stage area...

Well this area you would see cheer sims int heir uniforms dancing, maybe a few sims throwing a foot ball, kids kicking a soccer ball ect ect.
  • Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited September 2013
    aadimatt wrote:
    What kind of school system is the Sims 4 going to have?
    I'm hoping that there will be more extra circular activities for teens and children. Try outs for sports, a marching band, cheer team, and more clubs and stuff. I also want the teen and children to have grades(1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.). I'm hoping they also include students being able to choose electives and honors classes(I highly doubt this possible though, because other countries have different school systems).
    Are they going to offer more instruments in the base game?
    I saw a violin on the 4 trailer preview they had and I really wanna know if they're gonna be offering more. I'm really hoping that my include instruments like flute and clarinet and piano in the base game.
    What do you all think?

I think there should be more clubs at school. I like the idea of younger Sims taking music lessons. Perhaps they could join school bands as well.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2013
    It's been confirmed that there will be pianos, guitar and violin in the base game. :mrgreen: The confirmation of piano and guitar was in an article where one of the Sims team was interviewed, but I forget which article it was.

Nothing has been said about schools yet, though.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited September 2013
    Penelope wrote:
    Nothing has been said about schools yet, though.

Actually they said that there will no longer be rabbitholes, BUT depending on your Sims job, it'll take you out of town, as well as if your child has school. Both would be unplayable.
  • Options
    elphabasimselphabasims Posts: 106 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I'd like the option to have school uniforms in Sims 4. :D
  • Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited September 2013

Oh yes! Me too.

Though I hope they're attractive uniforms. The ones we were made to wear were awful.
  • Options
    NoeinNoein Posts: 495 Member
    edited September 2013
    There will be a violin, piano, and guitar in the base game.
  • Options
    NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited September 2013

Well... for the private school.

I liked trying to get my child enrolled in the special schools.
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited September 2013
    Noein wrote:

Yeah EA confirmed those as the only current instruments, but hey, it's better than TS3!
  • Options
    KDR222KDR222 Posts: 56 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Noein wrote:

Yeah EA confirmed those as the only current instruments, but hey, it's better than TS3!

I am just hoping that kids can play these instruments. I never understood why kids couldn't play the piano in TS3. Most people start learning and playing instruments at young ages anyway.
  • Options
    salfaxsalfax Posts: 159
    edited September 2013
    Noein wrote:

I only hope that they revive the upright piano, because I was highly disappointed to not see that in The Sims 3. I would also like there to be uniforms and the option to enroll your kids into private school, because I want my Sims to be well rounded. As for the music lessons, it would be nice if they were private music lesson like I had. Where the teacher come to your home and teaches you piano for about an hour and then leaves. it would be nice if they could implement this into the game somehow.