Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you choose to live there permanently?

I am unclear on whether or not you can choose to live in the new world on a permanent basis or if it's more like world adventures or Sims university where you have to go back to your present world at one point? In the walk through it said one of the sims decided to stay there but I still wasn't exactly clear on if you can have your main Sim stay there forever?

:)
heartstopper-couple.gif

Comments

• Options
    EvezanEvezan Posts: 773
    edited August 2013
    Yes they said you can stay there. But it will be more beneficial to go back and forth according to them to unlock certain features.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    edited August 2013
    Evezan wrote:
    Yes they said you can stay there. But it will be more beneficial to go back and forth according to them to unlock certain features.

Yea like the check giving interaction your sim can do and a statue of him or her in the future world.
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks everyone for the quick responses. I love the way this world looks and am thinking I might want to live there at one point after I unlock all the features. :mrgreen:

I'm so excited about this EP. I only have become a Sims person in the last 6 months and this seems like the most fun EP to date for me. I am happy to learn you can live there.

Thanks again!
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hey if you don't mind cheating there is a lifetime reward called remote something that lets your sim go into either of the 3 future locations. :D:wink:
  • Options
    eatinglikeasim3012eatinglikeasim3012 Posts: 484 New Member
    edited August 2013
    They said you can stay as long as you like but do you age?can you get married and have kids?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hey if you don't mind cheating there is a lifetime reward called remote something that lets your sim go into either of the 3 future locations. :D:wink:
    That's not cheating it's part of the game
  • Options
    Daboogadie2Daboogadie2 Posts: 352 Member
    edited August 2013
    So, the real question is: If you choose to live in the future, can you go back into the past and effect your now?
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited August 2013
    They said you can stay as long as you like but do you age?can you get married and have kids?

Yes you can age and have kids there. :)
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited August 2013
    Based on the walkthrough and the pics we've been getting, I think we can which I am 100% happy about. I've already got my legacy sims lined up to take a bit of a trip to the future. Still debating if I want to keep them in the future or just have them make trips back and forth.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited August 2013
    That's not cheating it's part of the game

It is if you do what I think Cat and I will do. Use testingcheats to get a bunch of LTR moments into playing the game.
  • Options
    mylee407mylee407 Posts: 864 New Member
    edited August 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:

Now that's something I'm gonna definitely enjoy
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:

hmm and what happens to the people left behind?
    Let's say I have 2 twins(in the same household)...one of them goes to the future and gets married and has kids, then when he is an elder he decides to come back with his wife and kids...how will this work?I want them to age etc and if they choose to return later( like the example I just made) then they will be older than when they left since time in the present will freeze..but I am not convinced that is how they'll do it
  • Options
    Simmerfreak44Simmerfreak44 Posts: 1,641 New Member
    edited August 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:

Let's say I have 2 twins(in the same household)...one of them goes to the future and gets married and has kids, then when he is an elder he decides to come back with his wife and kids...how will this work?I want them to age etc and if they choose to return later( like the example I just made) then they will be older than when they left since time in the present will freeze..but I am not convinced that is how they'll do it

Can you take pets with you if you wanna live in the future?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:

Can you take pets with you if you wanna live in the future?

I think I read somewhere that kids and pets cannot travel into the future...
  • Options
    RoyalsRoyals Posts: 160 New Member
    edited September 2013
    It would be cool if you had two different families, one in the present and one in the future. :)