Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Project

AcebrsAcebrs Posts: 210 New Member
Hello,
I recently started using CaW and would like to share my work so far with the community. I initially began a tropical world, but became disinterested after a while. That experience helped hone some skills (which are still developing).

I decided to start a new project inspired by a recent vacation to Vail, CO. As you will notice from the images, I am not very far along. I also am trying to use the default textures that come with the program, just in case I upload.

I created a blog to host the pictures and track my progress.

http://acebrssims.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

UPDATE 9/24: I added a picture to this page.

7.png

Comments

• Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited August 2013
    It looks rather good for the start, your buildings are very nice and the layout is fine, it will be very interesting to see your progress, keep up the good work!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    thetideschangingthetideschanging Posts: 250 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Looks good :) I like the two roads next to each other. The builds are nice as well. I like the unique theme :)

This is just a suggestion, but I think the double road may look better with the yellow line in the center of the road. I'm sure there is a reasoning for not using it though.

I actually started a tropical themed world as my first world and spent almost a year on it, only to end up scrapping and starting over with a different theme. For me I realized that I had become much better at CAW and had screwed up a lot of aspects of that world in the beginning. Like you I feel that it was good practice and I don't regret it :) . Good luck with this world!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Looks good :) I like the two roads next to each other. The builds are nice as well. I like the unique theme :)

This is just a suggestion, but I think the double road may look better with the yellow line in the center of the road. I'm sure there is a reasoning for not using it though.

I actually started a tropical themed world as my first world and spent almost a year on it, only to end up scrapping and starting over with a different theme. For me I realized that I had become much better at CAW and had screwed up a lot of aspects of that world in the beginning. Like you I feel that it was good practice and I don't regret it :) . Good luck with this world!

I may change that road as you have suggested. The highway is definitely missing markings, and really does not represent reality properly... the problem is that the default lines do not quite look right either.

As many CaW users I am finding the process slow, but rewarding. It is a great way to extend the life of The Sims 3
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    junceda wrote:
    It looks rather good for the start, your buildings are very nice and the layout is fine, it will be very interesting to see your progress, keep up the good work!

Thanks. This is why I enjoy The Sims forums. The encouragement is pleasant, and rather rare compared to other internet avenues.
  • Options
    thetideschangingthetideschanging Posts: 250 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Acebrs wrote:

I may change that road as you have suggested. The highway is definitely missing markings, and really does not represent reality properly... the problem is that the default lines do not quite look right either.

As many CaW users I am finding the process slow, but rewarding. It is a great way to extend the life of The Sims 3

I can see the regular lines not looking right. There are ways to edit the image for the lines in the road. Maybe you could replace the yellow center line with a dashed white line.
  • Options
    carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi love how your houses look. I do see a possible problem with roads so close together. I had a world like this where I placed them so close that sims ended up with routing issues and they literately got out of the vehicle walked on the median and then went back on the road. It was awhile ago though they might have fixed it but I would definitely test that before moving on.

Love to see it finished. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I added a picture to show some progress. It's a slow process but rewarding.
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited September 2013
    A Colorado town, excellent! My childhood state :D It looks great! I love those tudor townhouses... classic. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses