Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NRaas is no help! You all are better

Even after saving a number of times and changing things so that friends and relatives stories pop up, strangers' stories STILL pop up and my game STILL lags even after I put it on a faster setting! Should I just get rid of his mods and save myself from daily aggravation?

Comments

• Options
    DuncarinDuncarin Posts: 362 Member
    edited August 2013
    I haven't used SP much but i believe that you need to slow it down for lag issues not speed it up.
  • Options
    4eee54eee5 Posts: 687 Member
    edited August 2013
    you need to go to town hall/computer➦General options➦Stories and choose friends and blood
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited August 2013
    And post on his Wiki giving specifics.

He is very helpful. He should be able to help pinpoint why your game is lagging and why you're still getting more stories than you want. Or one of the more experienced members there will help.

And Duncarin is right. You need to slow down SP down to lower the lag.
  • Options
    summermistx3summermistx3 Posts: 1,537 Member
    edited August 2013
    Don't you dare say he's no help. You just need to learn how to properly use it and post on his site: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression+Issues
  • Options
    FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited August 2013
    He's no help? He's the one who has our game's working the way they should have since day 1! I couldn't stand playing my game without his Story Progression, I had to for awhile while I had to search for a problem with my installed mods.

If it's making your game lag, that's a PC issue, not a mod issue. Tons of people run his mods just fine.
  • Options
    Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited August 2013
    "Nraas" and "No help" should NEEVR, EVER be in the same sentence. EVER!!! :evil:

If not for him, I would have left this game on the shelf to collect dust YEARS ago. He is easily one of the most valuable simmers in the community. If you don't agree, then it's probably because you, the user, have not installed something properly, do not understand how to use/tweak his mods, or haven't spoken to him yourself on his Wiki site (which someone else linked above).

I am so sad to hear he will not be modding for the Sims 4. Hopefully, EA will have taken some notes from him and TS4 won't NEED his most excellent mods, but hey....I don't have that much faith. :? :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited August 2013
    Don't you dare say he's no help. You just need to learn how to properly use it and post on his site: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression+Issues

*looks at siggy and location*

:thumbup:

*waves*

Hey Sun! :D
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited August 2013
    Darkling wrote:
    *waves*

Hey Sun! :D

Heya, Darkling!

Smiley_Blowing_Kiss.gif
  • Options
    angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited August 2013
    "Nraas" and "No help" should NEEVR, EVER be in the same sentence. EVER!!! :evil:

If not for him, I would have left this game on the shelf to collect dust YEARS ago. He is easily one of the most valuable simmers in the community. If you don't agree, then it's probably because you, the user, have not installed something properly, do not understand how to use/tweak his mods, or haven't spoken to him yourself on his Wiki site (which someone else linked above).

I am so sad to hear he will not be modding for the Sims 4. Hopefully, EA will have taken some notes from him and TS4 won't NEED his most excellent mods, but hey....I don't have that much faith. :? :roll: :lol:

I was so about go off on the OP but instead I wll give Sunny a :thumbup:

• Options
    ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited August 2013
    NRaas is no help

Blasphemy!
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited August 2013
    Watch out now! Your claws are showing. :shock:
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hey Morgan, have you considered disabling memories? Memories cause huge amounts of lag.

And I've learned not to build my houses too big, or fill them with tons and tons of stuff. That causes those games to take forever to load, and they run slowly too.

I'm sure you weren't really maligning the name of Twallan. Maybe add a smiley face or a winky face or something. ;)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited August 2013
    Sugar, Sunflower has the right of this. If it wasn't for Twallan, the majority of us wouldn't be able to play our games.

Most of the simmers who post with issues all the time don't use mods at all. Pity for them. I didn't like mods either until I realized I spent a small fortune on this franchise and I couldn't get my money's worth. I read up on Twallan, learned how to install and update my mods and have been great ever since. :-)

Unfortunately, EA doesn't give two hoots if we can play, just as long as we keep BUYING. I won't be going to TS4 because this series was and still is a hot mess.

Do as suggested, go to Twallan's wiki and read up on how to use the mod.

You may be getting some lag from too many "map tags". Master Controller allows you to take care of that. I set mine to friends only.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    Morganvil225Morganvil225 Posts: 1,300 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Sorry about that everyone. I also installed Woohooer but it won't let my Sims propose. I have mover, too. I deleted woohooer to see if the option to propose reappears.

Again, I'm sorry about my snarky attitude.
  • Options
    EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    edited August 2013
    Sorry about that everyone. I also installed Woohooer but it won't let my Sims propose. I have mover, too. I deleted woohooer to see if the option to propose reappears.

Again, I'm sorry about my snarky attitude.

We all have those days!! As a newbie to the Mods thing, it can be over loading but I can see amazing changes in my games all because of the wonderful talents of Twallan, his mods are a life saver, that being said it has and still is a learning curve on them as to what to turn on or off etc. so hang in there and try try try everything if it doesn't work do something else with the mod. I will say this only for Twallan's mods they are so worth having in your game. Also remember that you can always reset them and start over if you get in the weeds as to what you have changed etc.

Eveebella
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited August 2013
    As to your proposal problem go into the W mod menu and click General.

There is an option to use StoryProgression for User Directed. Or something similar to that.

Set that to False and your problems should disappear should you reinstall the W mod.

I had a similar problem where I couldn't get one Sim to cry on his aunt's shoulder and it was due to that setting.

There's also a debugging option in the W mod that will let you figure out why you can't propose if that option isn't what's causing the problem.
  • Options
    Morganvil225Morganvil225 Posts: 1,300 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks Seera1024! Btw, is 1024 a birthday or a random number?