Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you notice these little details? Check out the pic and tell me what you think.

So I decided to pause one of the trailer videos to really get a good look at the house they had built. The longer I examined it, I started noticing all of the little details in the foreground. I noticed the streets had a median with plants, streetlamp, bench....and what is that in the street.....rail tracks for a trolly perhaps? And then I got a really good look at the sidewalks and noticed the curbs! They really add more dimension and dare I say it....Curb Appeal, lol.

dbfe6088-06cc-49de-9eb4-e397f22b43cf.jpg

Tell me what you think....and what other details you may have noticed and like about this picture and/or about The Sims 4 so far.

Comments

• Options
    PinkPlutoPinkPluto Posts: 156
    edited August 2013
    Wow, I honestly never noticed that! God, I'm just so excited! :D
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yes, and if you see on the street in front of the house, you will see puddles that have reflection of the house. If it is from rain, but it is not because weather/seasons are confirmed to not be in the base game. Where did that water come from? Sprinklers, fire hydrant, or something else?
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited August 2013
    I noticed that my darling plants are not only on the lot :shock:

You can clearly see flowers and bushes and trees spread out in the background, and in quite the abundance... Which makes me wonder is it going to be so clustered with plants everywhere?
  • Options
    SimeanerBeanerSimeanerBeaner Posts: 193
    edited August 2013
    Chimp2678 wrote:
    Yes, and if you see on the street in front of the house, you will see puddles that have reflection of the house. If it is from rain, but it is not because weather/seasons are confirmed to not be in the base game. Where did that water come from? Sprinklers, fire hydrant, or something else?

I dont see any puddles... Just shadows from plants and things
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Also I think the clouds look really life-like. And if you look back near the pond theres a nice dirt shoulder on the one side which I like.
  • Options
    simka72simka72 Posts: 98 Member
    edited August 2013
    I noticed the rail tracks right away and was in awe - I don't know what is meant by "trolly"; I was thinking more of a tram-System. I think you can see one in one of the other pics of that house.
    I would love to see sims travelling by tram rather than by taxi, which would be more realistic (even if a taxi ride doesn't cost anything in the game)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    http://www.simtimes.de/sims4/screenshots-artworks/

There is a photo of the (what we canadians call) street car here! Everyone has a different name for it lol, but I`m guessing this is what you refer to as a `tram`or `trolley`
  • Options
    simka72simka72 Posts: 98 Member
    edited August 2013
    That is exactly the photo I was referring to - thank you.
    That yellow Thing is definately a trolley, aka a tram, aka a street car.. ;)

BTW, here in Germany we call this vehicle 'Strassenbahn' :)
  • Options
    jmelo777jmelo777 Posts: 433 Member
    edited August 2013
    Oh WOW! Thanks for the link SimeanerBeaner! I hadn't seen those screenshots yet! And yes, that is what I call a trolly :) Well that is one mystery solved. I really love the idea of using the trolly instead of a taxi as well Simka72! I was so interested in what was going on in front of the house that I didn't even notice the dirt shoulder SimeanerBeaner, thanks for pointing that out, I love it too :) I can't see puddles either, perhaps it was in a different screenshot you saw elsewhere Chimp2678? I'd love to see what you are talking about, so post it here if you can!