Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Traits Keep Randomly Changing?

I just had to create a new game because my last one glitched and I have never seen this before. My sims traits keep changing themselves. They change to the same traits too, and it is happening to 2 of my sims. They keep changing to Daredevil, Party Animal and Insane....I can't remember the others sorry. It seems to be happening when I go to the bar. I've searched the forums and have not found anything on this issue. Anyone have any ideas or know why this is happening? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    lil_slglil_slg Posts: 1,010 New Member
    edited December 2011
    :? sorry no I havn't heard of that happening :?
    you don't have some sort of mod/cc that could be causing it??
    Very strange :shock:
  • Options
    unashamedfemaleunashamedfemale Posts: 92 New Member
    edited December 2011
    No mods at all or CC, I don't use them. I had to start using the testingCheatsEnabled true though so I can change the traits back. So weird and frustrating.
  • Options
    SIMSROCK12345SIMSROCK12345 Posts: 125
    edited December 2011
    That happened to me 2
    im reinstalling all my games
  • Options
    lil_slglil_slg Posts: 1,010 New Member
    edited December 2011
    It sounds frustrating indeed! Hope someone has an answer for you
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no, don't reinstall your games!! I just figured it out, I keep getting a "crazy drink" from the bartender and everytime I drink it, it changes my traits. Haha...I feel like a dork. I haven't waited yet to see if it goes away or how long it takes but I'll post when/if I find out! Thanks though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It takes 4 sim hours to go away. You get a crazy moodlet or party moodlet, something like that, I forgot already but it's not a problem with the game, that's all that matters to me!
  • Options
    LouisebkLouisebk Posts: 75
    edited August 2013
    It takes 4 sim hours to go away. You get a crazy moodlet or party moodlet, something like that, I forgot already but it's not a problem with the game, that's all that matters to me!

Hi
    I know this is an old thread, but im having this problem now. I have closed the game down three times without saving, and it's still happening. After you got them the first time, did you keep getting them everytime you held a party? Will it change back to the regular traits after 4 sim hours? :oops: :roll:
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited August 2013
    Louisebk wrote:

Hi
    I know this is an old thread, but im having this problem now. I have closed the game down three times without saving, and it's still happening. After you got them the first time, did you keep getting them everytime you held a party? Will it change back to the regular traits after 4 sim hours? :oops: :roll:

ok im assuming you arent drinking the crazy drink any longer :) if so try resetting the sim or moving the sim out and back in the lot via town lot
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:
    Louisebk wrote:

Hi

ok im assuming you arent drinking the crazy drink any longer :) if so try resetting the sim or moving the sim out and back in the lot via town lot

:lol: They are not drinking the crazy drink. They are throwing a birthday party :lol: And it's happening to all my sims, so should I just reset all of them? And should I do it after the party, when they have the new traits or before?
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited August 2013
    ok try resetting all - Type resetsim * into the cheat box

this will probably end the party but try it again
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,930 Member
    edited August 2013
    I've had this happen to my Sims before, too. I wish I knew which juice drink it is that causes this "change", but the effects don't last forever. After the drink wears off, the original traits return.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It didn't help to reset them, but I found out that it was the Partaeus Maximus (I use it at every party) that caused it. It creates a moodlet, that wouldn't go away, before after I deleted it. This never happend to me before, but luckily it was easy to fix :lol:

Thank you for your help :D
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited August 2013
    I just had to create a new game because my last one glitched and I have never seen this before. My sims traits keep changing themselves. They change to the same traits too, and it is happening to 2 of my sims. They keep changing to Daredevil, Party Animal and Insane....I can't remember the others sorry. It seems to be happening when I go to the bar. I've searched the forums and have not found anything on this issue. Anyone have any ideas or know why this is happening? Thanks.

This isn't a glitch~ it's totally normal, and has been happening to my Sims since the dawn of time (well, since I installed late night). My hot-headed and socially-awkward Sim is a much-nicer guy when he's juiced, and he even dances on counters! But he always sleeps it off and, the next day, he's back to his old self again. :P

I believe it's the party drink that causes it. You aren't yourself when you're juiced (lol)), so just enjoy!

-von
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif