Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods??

Hi everyone

I want so bad to be able to have more than 8 people in my household, but I have never had mods in my game, so I dont really know how it works. I would really love if any of you could answer these questins for me, and maybe explain some more about mods.

I have seen many sites where they talk about, the Master Controller mod and the Woohoo mod, but what exactly is the difference between those two?

I know I need that Portrait Panel mod, if I want to see the portraits in the left side, and I do, but do that mod work with the Woohoo mod too, or is it only with the Master Controller mod?

Do I need both Master Controller mod and Woohoo mod?

Where is it safe to download these mods?

What do I do, in the game, when I have installed them?

Do I update the mods, when a new patch is available for the game, or is that done automatically?

If something happens with my game, can I just remove the mods again?

I am so lost with all this mod-thing, but I really want to be able to know how to use them, and I know that it's alot of questions, but I would really appreciate any answers from you guys.

Thank you for reading all this :roll: :oops:
/Louise :)

Comments

• Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi, Louisebk!
    I'm learning still about those mods too - search with Google NRaas Wikispaces and You'll get this in first search results.
    There are so much explanations - consider, please, to read under "Other Game Faqs" menu "Which mod FAQ" section.
    For reading about those mods and downloading them isn't requested subscription. If You want ask something about Twallans mods in chatter box,
    you need to be subscribed user (it's payfree and without spam and virusses).
    Twallan is very neat and is answering as possible, another users are searching to help too.
    Those mods aren't updating automatically, I'm looking each day at "Update history" on Twallans site. But he is very flexible and is updating oftenly.
    Thank you for let me write about person, which I very-very like. :wink:
    Have a fun!
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    edited August 2013
    I just started playing with Mods about a month ago, so I'm still very new to all this. What helped me a lot was two videos. Before that I did not even under stand how to even add them, it was so confusing. Before I continue here is the links to those two videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYHRroB9E4w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obP63AGlBu8

Now I'll answer what I can.

First when ever you add anything new EP, SP, or Patch you will need to take the mods out, and manually add them once they are updated. I have been told that the NRaas mods the creator is pretty good about getting out the updated mods pretty soon. If you watch those videos, he explains all of that, and how to do it.

In the video he also gives you the links of the places you can go to, the NRaas site is safe.

He even recommends to you which mods he has that helps in catching all the errors that messes up you game. I can't even tell you the number of times it has found my missing babies, and stuck sims that would normally just be killed off. It has even saved my own game when my sim vanishes.

Porter - Allows you keep your relationship when your sim moves to another town.

There is also the Traveler Mod and Mover, but I was having some issues, so I don't visit the other towns. I'm not sure if I was doing it wrong, but it does not bother me to just stay in one town.

Now with this all being said these are the NRaas Mods that I do use,

Master Controller, and Master Controller Cheats
    Story Progression, and Story Progression Extra
    Register
    Overwatch
    Error Trap

Before I go on, the Register Mod will allow you to have complete control on the type of animals and paparazzi you want in your town. He will explain more of that in his second video. Now I will warn you if you play in the Island Paradise town, and you want to see mermaids, you need to take this mod out, it will prevent Mermaids from spawning. But it is as easy as just taking the mod out and putting it someplace safe.

Decensor This mod will get rid of the privacy blur you see when they go to the bathroom and other places. The only reason I am using this mod, is because since the 1.55 patch EA has made that blur so dark and big, it's like watching a huge black square. I will give you a heads up that I have noticed, as long as you have a fairy in the same town their wings will be visible, but if you move them their wings vanish. Not really a big deal for me, because I don't move my sims much.

Hybrid This mod will allow you to have your occult sim be more than just one type of creature. For example if you want a vampire who is also a witch, this mod will allow it. There is no limit on how many occult creature you want one sim to be. I will give you a heads up a vampire/ plantsim is not a good combination.

AntiMagic This mod will let you keep your music and recipe books you buy in the bookstore. I don't use this one, just letting you know. With the Master Controller, and Master Controller Cheats, I never have to buy any of those books.

One mod we are not suppose to talk about is the Woohooer Mod, I do use it, but I only use it to make it risky, meaning that there is a slight chance my young adult and adult sim can get pregnant. I can't say anything past this on this mod.

If you watch those two videos, he will answer almost all your questions, that I might have missed. If you decide you don't want them in your game, it is as easy as just taking out the Mods folder from your game.
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi LaBlue0314!
    Thank you for videos and explanations - I have never enough informations about those mods. Bookmarked, will it look later. ♥
    Have a marvelous day!
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    donnabaileydonnabailey Posts: 683 Member
    edited August 2013
    Louisebk wrote:
    Hi everyone

I want so bad to be able to have more than 8 people in my household, but I have never had mods in my game, so I don't really know how it works. I would really love if any of you could answer these questions for me, and maybe explain some more about mods.

I have seen many sites where they talk about, the Master Controller mod and the Woohoo mod, but what exactly is the difference between those two?

I know I need that Portrait Panel mod, if I want to see the portraits in the left side, and I do, but do that mod work with the Woohoo mod too, or is it only with the Master Controller mod?

Do I update the mods, when a new patch is available for the game, or is that done automatically?

I am so lost with all this mod-thing, but I really want to be able to know how to use them, and I know that it's alot of questions, but I would really appreciate any answers from you guys.

Hi Louise

I'm not a moderator or anything but I wanted to let you know that we are not allowed to discuss the WooHooer mod on this forum or any other mod that changes the game's rating from teen. I just wouldn't want you to get in trouble.

Now about your other questions:

This is the safe place to download the mods you asked about. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

This is Twallan's wiki, also know as NRaas. He is the creator of the mods you asked about. There is lots of documentation on all of Twallan's mods on his site. You can also ask questions of him and other users on his site. Here is the link to Chatterbox. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Chatterbox

The Which Mod? FAQ is excellent for determining which mod(s) you need to do what you want in your game. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Which+Mod+FAQ Here's a direct link to playing more than 8 sims in a household: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Which+Mod+FAQ#Which Mod?-I want to play a household with more than eight sims in it.

You will have to update the mods manually, but Twallan is very good about updating his mods quickly.

If you ever need to remove the mods, just simply remove the package file from your Packages folder. That's all you need to do.

I would advise just doing a lot of reading on all the mods that you're interested in. I also advise when you do install the mods to begin an entirely new game and play around with them until you are comfortable before using them in a save game you care about. When you do decide to use them in your saved game, back it up first. These mods can seem overwhelming at first, but the key to using them is the same as with anything else new: education. Read, read, read and ask questions! You might also try searching YouTube, I know several people have made videos on how to use Twallan's mods.

I don't use Master Controller so I can't advise you on that mod, but the mods of Twallan's I do use are indispensable to me. I couldn't play without Overwatch or Twallan's Story Progression. Read up, and ask questions over there. They're nice people and will help you out. I hope I've helped you out some. :D
    Appaloosa Plains Townie Makeover Project!

The Claw Machine Diaries Challenge

Though nothing can bring back the hour
    Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
    We will grieve not, rather find
    Strength in what remains behind
  • Options
    TucsonRosieTucsonRosie Posts: 310 New Member
    edited August 2013
    We were very leery about adding any mods or cc to our game and didn't for the longest time. Until it got to the point where our game became basically unplayable.So we broke down and added NRaas mods and so glad we did. Never looked back after that.

Twallan's NRaas mods are the best! Well, I'm sure there are other good ones out there, but we completely trust Twallan's mods.

You have been provided the links to some very good sites, like NRaas and Llandro's how-to. Take your time and cruise through those. Examine the content and decide which ones will work for you. Twallan provides a listing of all his mods on the left side of his page. You can click on those and read the FAQs and read up on the interactions (functionality) each one will provide.

I would suggest you start out with Master Controller, Story Progression and Overwatch and see how it goes from there. Play around with those and get the hang of it.

We have since added quite a few - the sub mods of Story Progression of Money, Education, Careers, etc. - which are lovely and bring your town to life.

We also cannot do without Consigner, since our consignment stores never worked. You can actually assigned your own store person and/or replace them if they aren't up to snuff or don't show up on time, etc.

Error Trap is another must. You will be amazed at what's really going on behind the scenes to slow/stop your game and Error Trap prevents that and removes the messes.

Anyway, there is a ton of good stuff there. Just set aside some time to do some reading and experiment a bit. There is also a nice chat section with some very helpful, knowledgeable people to answer questions.

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

:)
  • Options
    LouisebkLouisebk Posts: 75
    edited August 2013
    We were very leery about adding any mods or cc to our game and didn't for the longest time. Until it got to the point where our game became basically unplayable.So we broke down and added NRaas mods and so glad we did. Never looked back after that.

Twallan's NRaas mods are the best! Well, I'm sure there are other good ones out there, but we completely trust Twallan's mods.

You have been provided the links to some very good sites, like NRaas and Llandro's how-to. Take your time and cruise through those. Examine the content and decide which ones will work for you. Twallan provides a listing of all his mods on the left side of his page. You can click on those and read the FAQs and read up on the interactions (functionality) each one will provide.

I would suggest you start out with Master Controller, Story Progression and Overwatch and see how it goes from there. Play around with those and get the hang of it.

We have since added quite a few - the sub mods of Story Progression of Money, Education, Careers, etc. - which are lovely and bring your town to life.

We also cannot do without Consigner, since our consignment stores never worked. You can actually assigned your own store person and/or replace them if they aren't up to snuff or don't show up on time, etc.

Error Trap is another must. You will be amazed at what's really going on behind the scenes to slow/stop your game and Error Trap prevents that and removes the messes.

Anyway, there is a ton of good stuff there. Just set aside some time to do some reading and experiment a bit. There is also a nice chat section with some very helpful, knowledgeable people to answer questions.

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

:)

Hi
    Thank you for answering :)
    Read about the Overwatch mod on the nraas site. Didn't quite understand. What is it, that it do exactly? :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Louisebk wrote:
    Hi everyone

I want so bad to be able to have more than 8 people in my household, but I have never had mods in my game, so I don't really know how it works. I would really love if any of you could answer these questions for me, and maybe explain some more about mods.

Hi Louise

I'm not a moderator or anything but I wanted to let you know that we are not allowed to discuss the WooHooer mod on this forum or any other mod that changes the game's rating from teen. I just wouldn't want you to get in trouble.

This is the safe place to download the mods you asked about. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

This is Twallan's wiki, also know as NRaas. He is the creator of the mods you asked about. There is lots of documentation on all of Twallan's mods on his site. You can also ask questions of him and other users on his site. Here is the link to Chatterbox. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Chatterbox

The Which Mod? FAQ is excellent for determining which mod(s) you need to do what you want in your game. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Which+Mod+FAQ Here's a direct link to playing more than 8 sims in a household: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Which+Mod+FAQ#Which Mod?-I want to play a household with more than eight sims in it.

You will have to update the mods manually, but Twallan is very good about updating his mods quickly.

If you ever need to remove the mods, just simply remove the package file from your Packages folder. That's all you need to do.

I would advise just doing a lot of reading on all the mods that you're interested in. I also advise when you do install the mods to begin an entirely new game and play around with them until you are comfortable before using them in a save game you care about. When you do decide to use them in your saved game, back it up first. These mods can seem overwhelming at first, but the key to using them is the same as with anything else new: education. Read, read, read and ask questions! You might also try searching YouTube, I know several people have made videos on how to use Twallan's mods.

I don't use Master Controller so I can't advise you on that mod, but the mods of Twallan's I do use are indispensable to me. I couldn't play without Overwatch or Twallan's Story Progression. Read up, and ask questions over there. They're nice people and will help you out. I hope I've helped you out some. :D

Hi
    Thanks for answering :)
    So when there is a new patch for the game, can I just take the Mod folder out of The Electronic Arts folder, and then update the game, and just put the Mod folder back into The sims 3 folder, when the game is updated, or should I delete mods completely? :oops:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hi, Louisebk!
    I'm learning still about those mods too - search with Google NRaas Wikispaces and You'll get this in first search results.
    There are so much explanations - consider, please, to read under "Other Game Faqs" menu "Which mod FAQ" section.
    For reading about those mods and downloading them isn't requested subscription. If You want ask something about Twallans mods in chatter box,
    you need to be subscribed user (it's payfree and without spam and virusses).
    Twallan is very neat and is answering as possible, another users are searching to help too.
    Those mods aren't updating automatically, I'm looking each day at "Update history" on Twallans site. But he is very flexible and is updating oftenly.
    Thank you for let me write about person, which I very-very like. :wink:
    Have a fun!

Thank you so much for answer :D
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    I just started playing with Mods about a month ago, so I'm still very new to all this. What helped me a lot was two videos. Before that I did not even under stand how to even add them, it was so confusing. Before I continue here is the links to those two videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYHRroB9E4w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obP63AGlBu8

Now I'll answer what I can.

First when ever you add anything new EP, SP, or Patch you will need to take the mods out, and manually add them once they are updated. I have been told that the NRaas mods the creator is pretty good about getting out the updated mods pretty soon. If you watch those videos, he explains all of that, and how to do it.

In the video he also gives you the links of the places you can go to, the NRaas site is safe.

He even recommends to you which mods he has that helps in catching all the errors that messes up you game. I can't even tell you the number of times it has found my missing babies, and stuck sims that would normally just be killed off. It has even saved my own game when my sim vanishes.

Porter - Allows you keep your relationship when your sim moves to another town.

There is also the Traveler Mod and Mover, but I was having some issues, so I don't visit the other towns. I'm not sure if I was doing it wrong, but it does not bother me to just stay in one town.

Now with this all being said these are the NRaas Mods that I do use,

Master Controller, and Master Controller Cheats
    Story Progression, and Story Progression Extra
    Register
    Overwatch
    Error Trap

Before I go on, the Register Mod will allow you to have complete control on the type of animals and paparazzi you want in your town. He will explain more of that in his second video. Now I will warn you if you play in the Island Paradise town, and you want to see mermaids, you need to take this mod out, it will prevent Mermaids from spawning. But it is as easy as just taking the mod out and putting it someplace safe.

Decensor This mod will get rid of the privacy blur you see when they go to the bathroom and other places. The only reason I am using this mod, is because since the 1.55 patch EA has made that blur so dark and big, it's like watching a huge black square. I will give you a heads up that I have noticed, as long as you have a fairy in the same town their wings will be visible, but if you move them their wings vanish. Not really a big deal for me, because I don't move my sims much.

Hybrid This mod will allow you to have your occult sim be more than just one type of creature. For example if you want a vampire who is also a witch, this mod will allow it. There is no limit on how many occult creature you want one sim to be. I will give you a heads up a vampire/ plantsim is not a good combination.

AntiMagic This mod will let you keep your music and recipe books you buy in the bookstore. I don't use this one, just letting you know. With the Master Controller, and Master Controller Cheats, I never have to buy any of those books.

One mod we are not suppose to talk about is the Woohooer Mod, I do use it, but I only use it to make it risky, meaning that there is a slight chance my young adult and adult sim can get pregnant. I can't say anything past this on this mod.

If you watch those two videos, he will answer almost all your questions, that I might have missed. If you decide you don't want them in your game, it is as easy as just taking out the Mods folder from your game.

Hi
    Thank you so much for showing me those videos. They helped me a lot.
    So if I want to have more than 8 sims in my household, I don't need the "unskeakable mod", I just need the Master Controller mod and/or the Story Progression, and then the Portrait Panel? :roll:
  • Options
    XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member
    edited August 2013
    Louisebk wrote:
    Louisebk wrote:
    Hi everyone

Hi Louise

Hi
    Thanks for answering :)
    So when there is a new patch for the game, can I just take the Mod folder out of The Electronic Arts folder, and then update the game, and just put the Mod folder back into The sims 3 folder, when the game is updated, or should I delete mods completely? :oops:

Delete the mods if your game updates. He'll be working on the latest version thoughso you can add in his update when its ready.