Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are my bills so high?

So I made an apartment from scratch. Placed public room markers on all areas outside my apartment unit. Once that was done, I tested it with a brand new sim (with no job, no possessions, no cars, absolutely nothing in her backpack or family inventory other than her high school diploma, and only the default funds that came with the sim in CAS).

I purchased the apartment unfurnished and let my sim sit there with an unfurnished apartment until the bills came.

I checked the buy section, It says the total value of the lot is $8,351 furnished. But when I went to pay the bills, the bill is $431.

Did I do something wrong? I seem to remember having houses more expensive than this, but the bill only came up to $200, even with a car. Or are the bills generally higher in Bridgeport?

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited August 2013
    431 doesn't seem very high to me.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    gmerahgmerah Posts: 33
    edited August 2013
    Stormkeep wrote:

But my other sim, also in Bridgeport, has a higher lot value ($13,406) and only had to pay $192.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    gmerah wrote:
    Stormkeep wrote:

But my other sim, also in Bridgeport, has a higher lot value ($13,406) and only had to pay $192.

Owning a home vs. Renting an apartment, I assume?
  • Options
    gmerahgmerah Posts: 33
    edited August 2013
    Stormkeep wrote:
    gmerah wrote:
    Stormkeep wrote:

Owning a home vs. Renting an apartment, I assume?

No, they're both in apartments (well, condos are probably the more appropriate term, since they don't actually pay rent). The one that only pays $192 is in the Civil Suites apartment.

The only difference I can think of is that the new apartment I built is bigger (but cheaper since it's barely furnished & I used the cheapest materials available), has a swimming pool & a parking garage, both of which are marked as public.
  • Options
    knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited August 2013
    There's a mod that can make bills higher or lower prices.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    gmerah wrote:

The only difference I can think of is that the new apartment I built is bigger (but cheaper since it's barely furnished & I used the cheapest materials available), has a swimming pool & a parking garage, both of which are marked as public.

Bigger is the difference then. Square footage is a factor in bills, not just value.