Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Do I keep getting GIRLS??

ok so my sims have three girl children, two of which are twins. my sim had her fourth child and it ended up being another girl! so i didnt save, and im hoping i can replay it and she will have a boy. will this actually work? and is there something wrong with my game? because she keeps getting girls and its getting on my nerves!

Comments

• Options
    SunfighterSunfighter Posts: 167 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have 4 baby girls too!! lol...shes prego again...so im hoping!
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited June 2009
    According to the prima guide, if you eat three apples more chance for a boy.
    If you eat watermelons more chance for a girl. ;)
  • Options
    enterdisplaynameenterdisplayname Posts: 25 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Apparently if you eat apples that will help bring on a boy..... :roll:

Try the apple pancakes... i hear they're a real treat lol....

Im having the same problem, my sim keeps wanting a boy and yet i end up with lil girls running wild all over my house.
  • Options
    LegendaryLegendary Posts: 390 Member
    edited June 2009
    POSSIBLY her diet is influencing this. Apples make the chances of having a boy greater, watermelon makes the chances of having a girl greater. If you want a boy, just chow down on apple pancakes for awhile before/during pregnancy, it'll help.

I'm seriously not making this up, people on another forum (I'd link but it's not kidsafe) have done extensive testing on this.
    I'm just here to see how the fandom reacts to the game coming out.
  • Options
    MoolymooPlayerMoolymooPlayer Posts: 269 Member
    edited June 2009
    I read some where that preggo sims that eat apples give you more of a chance for boys and watermelon gives you more of a chance to have girls.

Start eating apples!
  • Options
    thesimskid25thesimskid25 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ok thanks guys i really hope it works
  • Options
    Sim2Kid405Sim2Kid405 Posts: 205 Member
    edited June 2009
    I ate 2 apples and watch kid channel and got twin boys, so it does work with eating apples, yes it seems if you don't eat any apples or watermelon you still get girls, I think ea is trying to tell us something.
  • Options
    snobunnysnobunny Posts: 53 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sim2Kid405 wrote:
    I ate 2 apples and watch kid channel and got twin boys, so it does work with eating apples, yes it seems if you don't eat any apples or watermelon you still get girls, I think ea is trying to tell us something.

Yeah..I only had one set of twin boys and the rest have been girls, including a set of triplets and two sets of twins.
  • Options
    KeigiPlooenKeigiPlooen Posts: 62 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The first baby I had was male and the female did not eat apples.
  • Options
    nextfatalbreathnextfatalbreath Posts: 345 Member
    edited June 2009
    My family only ever had boys.

UGH.
  • Options
    sootyowl143sootyowl143 Posts: 620 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My sim had one apple and had a boy but when I made sure she didn't any she had a girl, infact she had triplets.
  • Options
    FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited June 2009
    Haha, no wonder my sims keep getting boys.
    Thanks for the tip, they will be forced to
    eat watermelons now. Hope it works =)
    Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • Options
    cutedog564cutedog564 Posts: 347 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It does seem like girls are more likely then boys.
    My sims Bob and Zelda had a little girl named Xander, and just brought home TRIPLETS that are ALL GIRLS, from the hospital. Destiny, Kayleigh, and Livian. The difficulty rating for the family went from 2 to the max difficulty.
    Its going to be hard since both parents have needs and jobs. The local teenage boy who always babysits is going to have a handful! :wink:
  • Options
    comicalcupcakecomicalcupcake Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's also possible that some of the preset families have events in the game preset for them that would otherwise be random. Like in TS2, I got one custom-created woman to be best friends with someone who robbed her house, but I could never get Angela and Lilith Pleasant to be friends, even though it was the same interactions for both.
  • Options
    RacBai00RacBai00 Posts: 8
    edited August 2013
    My sim is a single parent of 7 girls. Its a handful. I really wanted a boy but I didnt have enough money to go and buy some apples so I just left it and she had girls girls and more girls
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited August 2013
    ok so my sims have three girl children, two of which are twins. my sim had her fourth child and it ended up being another girl! so i didnt save, and im hoping i can replay it and she will have a boy. will this actually work? and is there something wrong with my game? because she keeps getting girls and its getting on my nerves!

I've heard 2 very different "truths" on this issue:

1) I read once that, in TS3, the gender of the child is decided at conception (not birth). This is true, in my experience: one time, I needed a boy for a story I was working on, but had a girl instead. I quit without saving numerous times, but that baby was always a girl and nothing I did changed that.

2) Supposedly, eating different foods, listening to kids' music, and a bunch of other stuff can change the gender of the baby. I've never tried it, as I like surprises, but I may have to test this theory for myself.

* I read somewhere that the fruits must be eaten RAW to change the baby's gender, and that foods containing the fruit will not work. I'll have to try this as well.

-

EA story progression will also try to balance the number of each gender in-game. So, if you have lots of men in your town, expect to have only girl babies until the numbers even out.

Happy Simming!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member
    edited August 2013
    It's also possible that some of the preset families have events in the game preset for them that would otherwise be random. Like in TS2, I got one custom-created woman to be best friends with someone who robbed her house, but I could never get Angela and Lilith Pleasant to be friends, even though it was the same interactions for both.

I keep getting boys in Sims 2!
    Also, to make them friends, keep them seperated for abit and play as one. Angela isa bit of a mary sue like her oblivious mom so wreck her life and make Lilith's way better :D

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited August 2013
    When I'm wanting to have a boy I eat apples (straight from the supermarket) and girls watermelons (again, straight from the supermarket). I've gotten what I wanted every time.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    edited August 2013
    To change gender the food does have to be raw. Watermelon=girl, Apple=boy. Or if you have the sauna premium content there's a woohoo try for girl option and a woohoo try for boy option when your sims are in the sauna.
  • Options
    LouisebkLouisebk Posts: 75
    edited August 2013
    I use the apple-watermelon thing all the time. If my sims are wishing for a boy, I make the her eat apples, and if they want a girl, I make her eat watermelons. I don't get her watermelonpancakes or anything like that. I just have a couple of apples or watermelons in her inventory, and I just make her eat them once in awhile in the days she's pregnant.

Once I forgot to make her eat watermelons, and she was going to the hospital, to get her baby, and she got a boy, so I closed the game down, and started it up again, and then teleported her off to the grocery store, and bought 3 watermelons, and made her eat all of them, right after she bought them, and then she hurried to the hospital, and got a girl :D
  • Options
    Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    edited August 2013
    I heard it was 3 watermelons for a girl and 3 apples for a boy. I have always had them eat 3 of either one and gotten what I wanted.

I think listening to kids music and watching kids tv gives you increased chance of multiples. That's how its worked for me.
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • Options
    MoonShadow1789MoonShadow1789 Posts: 127 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Back when I first played TS3, I used the apple/watermelon trick all the time. After a while, however, I decided I felt it was sort of boring since I always knew the gender and how many my Sims were going to have.

With that, I never use the watermelon/apple trick anymore. I have Nraas Story Progression baby gender set to "random", as well. ^^

Before my saves got wiped a few days ago, I had a 6-generation, and the heir and his wife had 11 children, only three of which were girls, and none of the girls had the hair color I deemed necessary, so I just picked one of the boys. xD