Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pregnancy Help

My Sim has just had a little boy with her boyfriend. However, being completely new to TS3 and considering this is my first newborn in the game, I have a couple of questions.

1) I managed to get my Sim to hospital, but she had to stay for quite along time for the baby to be born. Does the time vary for all births?

2) How do I buy Pregnancy help books and get advice from the Doctor?

3) When the baby was born, it was a boy. I wanted a girl, so I named it something quick, got home, and went to edit town. When it asks me to save, I said no, "Just Continue". However the baby was saved and now I have a little boy named Timothy instead of the little girl I had hoped for.

Is there any way to reload like in TS2?

Thanks,

Lizmagig :-)

Comments

• Options
    johnwaltermanjohnwalterman Posts: 624 New Member
    edited June 2009
    1.) I think it always takes awhile. You gotta get the thing outta there, ya know?
    2.) I beleive the sex is determined by the game during pregnancy, as you can check the sex of the baby if you are friends with a Sim in the medical career. So I don't think so. Sorry.
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited June 2009
    how DO you get a pregnancy book? i took my preggy sim to the bookstore but i didnt find any
  • Options
    fieryfemalefieryfemale Posts: 1,593 New Member
    edited June 2009
    re pregnancy books, you need to go to the book store and buy one of the two pregnancy related books. Can't remember what the are called, but you will know which ones they are if you look through the list. (NOTE: don't click on the dummy section as they are all children's books and not pregnancy ones.

re: getting advice from doctor, I think you click on the hospital and there is an option to seek advice or similar.

As for the sex of babies, eating 3 watermelons, ups your chances of a girl and eating 3 apples ups your chances of a boy. Also if you watching childrens tv or listen to childrens radio while pregnant you up your chances of a multiple pregnancy.

• Options
    SonshineSonshine Posts: 53 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Lizmagig wrote:
    My Sim has just had a little boy with her boyfriend. However, being completely new to TS3 and considering this is my first newborn in the game, I have a couple of questions.

1) I managed to get my Sim to hospital, but she had to stay for quite along time for the baby to be born. Does the time vary for all births?

2) How do I buy Pregnancy help books and get advice from the Doctor?

3) When the baby was born, it was a boy. I wanted a girl, so I named it something quick, got home, and went to edit town. When it asks me to save, I said no, "Just Continue". However the baby was saved and now I have a little boy named Timothy instead of the little girl I had hoped for.

Is there any way to reload like in TS2?

Thanks,

Lizmagig :-)

1)Yes, the birthing process takes much longer now than in TS2.

2) To buy pregnancy books, you need to visit the bookstore and "buy books." I don't know about "advise from the doctor."

3) The gender of the baby is determined at conception now. HOWEVER, you can change it w/eating three servings of apples for a boy or three servings of watermelon for a girl. To quit the household w/o saving, you have to quit the game entirely. Going to "edit town" will create a soft save which can still be undone by quitting w/o saving.
  • Options
    chelseaman99chelseaman99 Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I can only find one pregnancy book?
  • Options
    fieryfemalefieryfemale Posts: 1,593 New Member
    edited June 2009
    justh ad a look and the books are called

Baby incoming preparing with vigilance

and

Totally preggers and expecting - a mother's tale

you will find them under the general section in the book store.
  • Options
    alycecarrollalycecarroll Posts: 305 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The pregnancy books are "Baby Incoming: preparing with vigilance" and "Totally Preggers". You can find them at the library too, which is cheaper (and faster!) than buying them from the bookstore.
  • Options
    LolovolleyLolovolley Posts: 118 Member
    edited June 2009
    re pregnancy books, you need to go to the book store and buy one of the two pregnancy related books. Can't remember what the are called, but you will know which ones they are if you look through the list. (NOTE: don't click on the dummy section as they are all children's books and not pregnancy ones.

re: getting advice from doctor, I think you click on the hospital and there is an option to seek advice or similar.

As for the sex of babies, eating 3 watermelons, ups your chances of a girl and eating 3 apples ups your chances of a boy. Also if you watching childrens tv or listen to childrens radio while pregnant you up your chances of a multiple pregnancy.

You're right about the hospital. Once your sims is pregnant you click on the hospital and a new option opens up saying "Get medical Advice"

The pregnancy books are in the general section near the bottom. There are two. They are white books if that helps. It's kinda hard to sypher through all the books. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    LizmagigLizmagig Posts: 279 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks everyone :D