Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on Movie Stuff?

I like the look of some of the décor items from the Western theme but I'm not too keen on having the Western outfits in my game though. I also couldn't care less for the superhero stuff. I'm super excited though about the horror décor! I wish we had more pics :(

Comments

• Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited July 2013
    I am actually most interested in the western stuff, mainly because I stumbled across some great Old West lots and custom content several months ago that I have been saving in a theme file since then. I still haven't used them; but with this new stuff pack, I'm sure I'll have fun finally putting together a new historical neighborhood filled with saloons, horses and ladies of dubious repute. Too bad the poor cowboys won't have any guns to sling. :lol:

My second favorite theme in this Movie SP is the horror, but it looks rather small and similar to the goth stuff we already have. I'm skeptical.

I realize that a lot of people are happy about the superhero stuff, but that is my least favorite. As soon as I install that, I just know that all my townies are going to start running around town in those ridiculous costumes.

When they first announced that there was going to be a Movie Stuff Pack, I started hoping for Gone with the Wind, Casablanca and other classic themes. I should have known that EA would go for the cheesier ideas.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2013
    At this point I really like the western stuff, especially one of the female dresses! I like the old sign. I love the idea of an 'all-in-one outhouse' too! :lol:

I'm 100% going to make a superhero in my game! I didn't like the idea at first but when I've thought about it, I soooo want to do this! I've got a billionaire businessman sim who is going to be a Batman/Ironman type character! :lol:

I'm least keen on the horror stuff. It's too Halloween-y to make much use of. But we'll see...
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    edited July 2013
    The stuff all looks great from what I've seen. I especially love the Western items. But I think there just won't be enough of each theme to make it worth while.
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited July 2013
    im excited for the western theme doubt they'll be gunfights but would be fun
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited July 2013
    The stuff all looks great from what I've seen. I especially love the Western items. But I think there just won't be enough of each theme to make it worth while.

I agree with this. I like the western theme the best and I hope a saloon venue is included. However, I fear that there won't be enough content for each theme, like 70, 80, 90.

Happy Simming! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited July 2013
    I am actually looking forward to it, maybe even more so, when we learn more of the other two themes.
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hated the idea when I first heard of it.
    Saw the horror and western CASsets and fell in love.
  • Options
    awaiirain0awaiirain0 Posts: 193 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yeah it never crossed my mind that with three genres the stuff pack might be lacking in items for each one. I am hoping to see at least 1 separate venue for each theme. That would be pretty cool. I'm still not sold on whether to buy this or not. I need to see more first.
  • Options
    skittlejgskittlejg Posts: 155 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm still not sure if I want it. I worry that EA is going to spread themselves to thin again like they did with 70's, 80's, & 90's. From what I see, there wont be enough content to fulfill each theme. I'm especially disappointed with superheroes, which should be my favorite, but I feel like I've seen everything there is, and it's all just decorations and clothing. When I first saw this SP, I was so excited, but I think it will be another 70's, 80's, & 90's, with not enough stuff to complete any of the themes.
  • Options
    loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    edited July 2013
    I am really excited for this pack and I like all the themes. The only thing that bothered me was I saw the caption - add dozens of items to your game. So I am worried for lack of content too for each section. I am guessing though they may release store content too that goes with the themes. Or put items for sale, or on daily deal as normal. I want to get it but probably will not preorder until I have seen all the items
  • Options
    FormelxFormelx Posts: 578 New Member
    edited July 2013
    The Western thing looks awsome to me, I can't wait to use these in Lucky Plams.

The Horror it's great too, maybe I can use some of it during Spooky Day or a gothic themed place or storyline.

The Superhero not so interesting,how will I make my sim fly like superman ? :?: :?:
  • Options
    JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited July 2013
    This is turning out to be the only Stuff Pack I could possibly care about whatsoever. Horror? Cowboys? Supeheroes?! It's like they realize that my 8 year old boy mind needed to be thrown a bone in this game!

So now I'm just squealing, giggling, and counting down the days. <3<3
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited July 2013

I think it's pretty cool...
    The themes of costumes/objects look great and it's very different than any SP that I remember being released. I think it will be quite handy for telling some fun and unique Sims Stories.
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited July 2013
    Horror stuff is my favorite
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm hoping that they'll reveal part 2 of the trailer in today's broadcast. I'm looking forward to this stuff pack a lot more than I am for ITF.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm hoping that they'll reveal part 2 of the trailer in today's broadcast. I'm looking forward to this stuff pack a lot more than I am for ITF.
    Ach, same. I could hardly care less for ITF. ... Or TS4, actually.
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited July 2013
    Just realised there's a Frank n Furter corset and tights for male sims! :lol: Thanks devs!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Everything looks useless. Will not be buying it.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited August 2013
    My thoughts on this stuff pack is that it would go great with the movie career that came in LN. :D
  • Options
    clairoeclairoe Posts: 62 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I was hoping for more Titanic, Gone with the Wind clothing, Marilyn Monroe etc Not..... this.

Not going to be buying it. Plus the trailer with the fart joke, oh the cringe.
  • Options
    xSpoiledxxSpoiledx Posts: 228 Member
    edited August 2013
    I was excited about this until I saw what was in it. I'm not really interested in Western, superhero, or more goth clothing. I was hoping for new movie theaters, especially a drive-in, a popcorn machine... THAT type of thing. I don't know what I'm going to do with this.
  • Options
    SundaymoonSundaymoon Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited August 2013
    Western Stuff looks ok, I'd use that if I ever play in Appaloosa Plains again.
    Horror Stuff looks too Halloween.
    Superhero Stuff is just ridiculous.

I don't like that the objects will only fit if your playing very specifically themed house holds. I won't purchase this unless I see it in a sale.
  • Options
    sl393lsl393l Posts: 155 Member
    edited August 2013
    I have bought every stuff pack ( even Katy perry!) , but I am going to skip this one. Don't care for western or superhero stuff. Wouldn't fit in my gameplay. Might have been tempted if they had some prairie clothing for an early century farm or something.
    I am happy for people who are excited about it though.