Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Off topic discussion

QQCamillaQQCamilla Posts: 69 New Member
to me it seems like whenever a forum is started, an off topic discussion starts on the side. It might be that or the fact that i'm really bored BUT, i have decided to start a forum specifically for off topic discussion. So, moving on, whats up with everybody today?

you know what i don't get, there are famous "you tubers" but not really on the sims if you think that there is one specific person who does exceptionally good work all the time, post a link here

Comments

• Options
    DaddyandMikaDaddyandMika Posts: 272 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm not sure that you're supposed to link to stuff like that here... but, it's easy enough to locate such sites. I hope that it's alright to mention that I began using AwesomeMod, because it allows one to switch households without losing the abilities and special items I bought with lifetime happiness points and hard work. It had always been too big a sacrifice for me to give up those things, and EA has declined to fix that, so, I had to become familiar with the world of modding. It also does a lot of other things (for instance, it preserves refrigerator contents, and there's a switch to turn off the psychic curfew police, which I also use). If you go to MoreAwesomeThanYou (you know how to make that into an address), you'll find a lot of "personalities..." but, many users post content that is unsuitable for minors, and it's a very sarcastic environment which is extremely hostile to noobs (like me), so, posting is not for the faint of heart. You'll also hear mentioned a lot of other sites, a lot of other personalities, and the strange, alien world of technically hyperaware infighting and jargon. I'm just beginning to see how much I didn't know. Even if you have no intention of using a mod, for me, it was a peek into a whole different subculture.
  • Options
    BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited August 2009
    DaddyandMika You must be careful putting too many Mods in your game because they can cause a conflict with each one or for that matter with your game and never patch with these mods in your game. I wouldn't advise young people going to that site. Lots of bad language.
  • Options
    ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Even though MATY members do tend to curse, most of the cussing tends to be ones that many wouldn't consider cursing.

Most of the cussing can be heard on public television.
  • Options
    DaddyandMikaDaddyandMika Posts: 272 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I only have the one core mod installed... and that's the cardinal rule at MATY: "there can be only one" (core mod). AwesomeMod is now compatible with Indie Stone... EA's story progression has always been kind of lame for me, so, I'm going to try that one, too.

There are many other tweaks available at ModtheSims (a much tamer environment, language and image-wise, than MATY). Although I'm sure that they are only minor, fairly harmless alterations to the code (changing values so that food spoils more slowly, people wake up earlier, or don't choke while eating or twirl their wrenches for no reason), I still decline to install anything unless I really want it. I only have AwesomeMod at the moment, but, I do intend to try IndieStone. It's a very popular mod, and, if so many others can safely run it, I shouldn't have a problem. But, I do appreciate someone taking the trouble to give me advice. :)

P.S. I've seen images at MATY that were intended as insults for someone or other that literally nauseated me. And, they tell you up-front that the site is intended for mature audiences. No matter how you characterize the language, younger audiences don't belong there. While some there appear to behave younger than my teenage daughter, I would never suggest that she spend any time there... pick up the mod, then get out.
  • Options
    theRealDeal09theRealDeal09 Posts: 4,549 Member
    edited August 2009
    Now this thread is automatically going to be deleted because of the name. :(

Change it to something less suspicious.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    actually, this thread has lasted pretty long considering its name
  • Options
    blue_eyes77blue_eyes77 Posts: 32 New Member
    edited September 2009
    i installed hair, outfits and a couple other things to the game but i cant figure out how to get it... i got my fireplace but i cant get anything else... can someone help me??? plz :?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    did you actually upload it from the game launcher, or just download it because you need to move the files from their original folders to the sims 3 "downloads" folder which can be accessed from ea games. For some downloads, they will come in zipped folders, in this case you need to buy an opener such as Winrar.
    If you did all that it probably needs a mesh to work correctly.
  • Options
    BoredguyBoredguy Posts: 842 New Member
    edited September 2009
    AWESOME! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    loled.jpg
    CAN I PLZ?!?!?!?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Boredguy wrote:
    loled.jpg
    CAN I PLZ?!?!?!?
    What?
  • Options
    BoredguyBoredguy Posts: 842 New Member
    edited September 2009
    QQCamilla wrote:
    Boredguy wrote:
    loled.jpg
    CAN I PLZ?!?!?!?
    What?
    this is an OT thread rite? :hunf:
  • Options
    JerziJerzi Posts: 1,047 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I wonder how long this thread will live.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    yeah just that was really [u]REALLY[/u][ random
  • Options
    peaceloveleahpeaceloveleah Posts: 3,522 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Ooh. I do enjoy a good off topic thread.

Then again, it depends on the conversation...
  • Options
    LoCatusLoCatus Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited September 2009
    Jerzi wrote:
    I wonder how long this thread will live.

I don't know, but that pic is amusing. :lol:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    i don't know if there exactly IS a conversation yet
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    this thread has been a live for a while i was actually just bored when i made it. It surprised me that anyone responded (lol) :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    hey jerzi, where did you get the tattoos for you sim
  • Options
    Corymorrison1993Corymorrison1993 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited September 2009
    QQCamilla wrote:

I was quite curious about that as well. LOL.
  • Options
    SarahC91SarahC91 Posts: 1,800 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I wanna join in :D wats goin on? haha

X
  • Options
    BrustalBrustal Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2009
    who knows it could be on a long time
  • Options
    JerziJerzi Posts: 1,047 New Member
    edited September 2009
    QQCamilla wrote:

I was quite curious about that as well. LOL.

They're from MTS, but I fear the banhammer these days so I'm not going to link directly to it.
    Go here: http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/search/label/Tattoos and scroll to the very bottom. There's a link that will take you to the proper page to download them.
  • Options
    BrustalBrustal Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2009
    :?: Do any one knows what is a featured Sim, or they are random Sims made by this forum publisher, or you have to do something to become one. Oh did any one notice that the correct spelling for Sims have to start with a capital letter!!