Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rabbit holes will never be opened --- because they are too small

Something has just occured to me whilst i've been playing... I don't think these rabbit holes will ever be opened up, not even in a future expansion, because the buildings are just far too small.

If you look at the footprint for the theatre building, for example, then there is no way that they could fit seats and a stage in there, because there is not enough room. same with the stadium.

that means that the rabbit holes will always be rabbit holes.

Comments

• Options
    AnshinAnshin Posts: 446 Member
    edited September 2009
    Current rabbit holes will likely get entirely replaced with new fully functional buildings, like the Art Museum.
    This is the game that never ends
    Yes, it goes on and on, my friends
    Some people started playing it not knowing what it was
    And they′ll continue playing it forever just because ...
  • Options
    SimboSmithSimboSmith Posts: 21 New Member
    edited September 2009
    i dont think that's really possible for the theatre, because of all the buildings around it. the lot has no room to grow.
    and people might have built some custom stuff in the surrounding lots already. EA wouldn't start wiping out people's existing lots when they bring out a new expansion pack.
  • Options
    NassTNassT Posts: 435 Member
    edited September 2009
    You just put in a small stage, a few seats, and a niche behind the stage to woohoo. What's so hard about that?

• Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited September 2009
    The stadium's pretty big, so I could see them adding lots of seats and even a small field for sports.
  • Options
    StragStrag Posts: 99 New Member
    edited September 2009
    What theatres are you looking at, the huge ones in big cities? Sunset Valley is a small town in the game. Small. They can make do with a small theatre.
    Same for the stadium. The football stadium for my town's team doesn't even have seats in some of the stands but people still pile in to go watch a game.
    And I think there's plenty of space in all of these places. Thanks to the new angles, objects can be placed around each other so much more easily. All my Sims live in compact housing. It's more fun if there's only just enough space to move.
  • Options
    Corymorrison1993Corymorrison1993 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited September 2009
    All I hope for is that the buildings made in future expansions will not be rabbit holes. The buildings don't look too small to me to fit a stage and seats in there.