Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition. Mermaid checkbox in the "Advanced Demographic Options" panel.

So after few sim weeks of playing IP. Isla Paradiso seems to be overrun by mermaids. It's the same situation as it was with vampires and celebrities after LN. At least patch that came with SN solved this problem.
I think that it would be great to get the ability to stop game from turning townies into mermaids.

Simply another checkbox in the "Advanced Demographic Options" panel would be everything we need.

If you agree could you sign this petition?

Comments

• Options
    ladeeGeeladeeGee Posts: 46 Member
    edited July 2013
    I agree with you. Got mermaids up the yang yang!!
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2013
    I wish all supernaturals was in that box... also alians and zombies....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    MystyrysMystyrys Posts: 605 Member
    edited July 2013
    I've been searching all over for a way to turn off supers, per saved game, not globally, and without mods. No luck. Other than that mailbox cheat you have to do every play session.

My Island Paradise is overRUN with supers. Are there any humans left? Werewolves and fairies and witches, oh my!

And ghosts! I am going to change the name of my resort to "Ghost Hotel!"
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited July 2013
    Agreed. My main Sim's daughter is a mermaid now and I can't change her back.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited July 2013
    Agreed. I have turned off the other supernaturals while playing in IP, but it seems just about everyone is a mermaid!

In my SV save everyone is a supernatural. I like having supernaturals in my own household, they should be rare
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    RADONATORRADONATOR Posts: 541 New Member
    edited July 2013
    hmmm... I don't have too many.
    quick fix-NRaas: total anillation!
  • Options
    darrqqrraddarrqqrrad Posts: 446 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hello :o)

I agree .. I want more control in my game. We do need a check box for all The added species.

EA has added other annoying things too that I would love to turn off. Like the Ice cream truck.

I just want to have the option to turn things off that annoy me :o)

edit to change a word O.o
  • Options
    judynjojudynjo Posts: 29 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Yes I agree.

I was so annoyed when sims randomly started turning up as Mersims. I was so happy after Supernatural EP when I finally had control over vampires. Before that I spent so much time hunting down the poor sims who randomly became vampires and deleting them in edit town.

I can never have a full moon because I don't want zombies and I am sick of Aliens turning up at my door.

It is great that we can play as witches, fairies, plantsims etc. and it is a lot of fun. I just want to have control and when I want to, have a town where there are only normal sims.

The sim I started playing in IP had just happily fallen in love when he turns up with scaly legs. She is now single and he has been deleted. :(
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited July 2013
    I agree with this. I'm actually really surprised that they didn't get added. I don't mind a few mermaids in Isla Paradiso. But the things that I'm reading where players say that after a few sim weeks their entire town has an epidemic of scaly legs, well, that's just too much.
    Agreed. I have turned off the other supernaturals while playing in IP, but it seems just about everyone is a mermaid!

In my SV save everyone is a supernatural. I like having supernaturals in my own household, they should be rare

Me too. I think it's cool to have them all over the place in neighborhoods like Moonlight Falls or Dragon Valley, but otherwise I like for my supernatural sims to be rare and unusual.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    dweldydweldy Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    I agree. and would like to see aliens and zombies added as well. They are cool when you want them but annoying when you don't.
  • Options
    Jacek83218Jacek83218 Posts: 603 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Bump.

Please sign my petition. Maybe EA will listen to us. And half of sims in Isla Paradiso won't be mermaids.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    What I would like the most is a population contral that lets me make it so the game can't push more than x % of the population to be a supernatural. and I set the x....

so say I'm ok with a few mermaids... I might set that to max 5%
    I might say witches can be a little more normal and put that at 10%..
    but I don't want vampires or zombies or wearwolfs so I put them at 0%

that is what I want the most....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    ICONIC786ICONIC786 Posts: 27
    edited July 2013
    Signed!
  • Options
    Jacek83218Jacek83218 Posts: 603 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Bump
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited July 2013
    signed really need the demographics options updated to inculude the new lifestates too

they should have added the check box for them i love the life states but not in every game i play same for the zombies love the full moon effect but can't stand the zombies
  • Options
    SundaymoonSundaymoon Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited July 2013
    Signed. I hate having to turn these things off, but they spread like a disease. I wish it was possible to just have a few of the SN's and it will remain special rather than annoying.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Signed. I hate having to turn these things off, but they spread like a disease. I wish it was possible to just have a few of the SN's and it will remain special rather than annoying.

exsactly why I want a slide... that you set for each save (like the weather)... some times you want a supernatural world other times non of them... and other times just a few....
  • Options
    conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited July 2013
    I turned off all supers except for witches, since they still look human. Have not seen many mermaids yet but I know it is only a matter of time. To turn mermaid human was a pain, having to keep them out of the ocean for 7 sim days. I finally moved the boat to the main island and just made sure she stayed out of the water.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited July 2013
    Petitions don't really work... but I do agree with you. ;P I like to keep Story Progression on for the town advancement (as slow as it might be), but I turn off all Supernaturals under demographics. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE having occult creatures in my game, but I prefer to choose who is and isn't one, as default SP usually picks the worst Sims to convert. I don't really enjoy seeing elderly vampires, or when Vita Alto (as example) is suddenly a fairy. xD The only one I keep enabled is witches so that my witch Sims have others to duel.

EA's Story Progression is a bit too over-zealous about maintaining the supernatural population. I don't want to have 30 mermaids running around town.. I'd prefer them to be rare and mysterious.

Edit to add: As a temporary solution, if you have Supernatural, have your Sim make a bunch of potent cure elixirs at the alchemy station and go around hurling them at any random mermaids you find.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    likesareelikesaree Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 2013
    Agreed and signed.
    Haven't had this problem yet but I haven't played for very long....
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited July 2013
    I think adding a box would be nice and I agree with a few others who have said it adding zombies to that list would be lovely as well! I don't really like the supernaturals (even though I own supernatural) unless I choose to play them and I prefer for my towns not to be run with them because then I feel like my sim isn't special or unique anymore.
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    StarlingGray
    even if petitions don't directly work, they do give the gurus an idea about what we want - and we might get it.
    we did get check boxes for celebs and the other supernaturals
    some store sets have been made matching wants expressed by fans.

so some wishes get granted... some don't.
    but they can't give us what we want if they don't know we want it, and as I see it chance are that if they see many wants it, it increases the chance that they give it to us.

so petitions don't work... the more acurat would be petitions don't allways work. But just because you don't allways sucesed doesn't meen you should not try! How ells would a toddler learn to walk?
    And just because you don't get what you wish for doesn't meen your not to express your wishes? especially as they (EA) do ask for them! (wanting often enough to hear about what we like in the game and want from the game)

1 might say mermaids, zombies and alians isn't in the check box as they isn't in cas.... well celebrati isn't in cas and that do have 2 check boxes (keep my family out of it and don't have it at all).... so why not? I'm pretty sure it can be done.....
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited July 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    StarlingGray
    even if petitions don't directly work, they do give the gurus an idea about what we want - and we might get it.
    we did get check boxes for celebs and the other supernaturals
    some store sets have been made matching wants expressed by fans.

I did say in my post that I agree with the aim of this petition. ;P
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited July 2013
    well that's funny b/c i have yet to see the first mermaid.