May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Harvestables keep disappearing on me, Please Help!

First off, I'm not sure if this is a supernatural issue or a seasons issue. Unfortunately I got both expansion packs at the same time so there was no way for me to discern which one is giving me a hard time. However since I'm using planter bowls and there is a Fairy involved I figured I'd put it in the supernatural category.

I did a search to see if anyone had the same problem as me and I noticed there were alot of threads about plants that had the "harvest" option but couldn't be harvested and were stuck like that. That unfortunately isn't exactly the problem I'm having. If anyone has seen a similar problem to mine then I'm sorry for double posting.

So basically my problem is that I have this little shed I built behind my sims' house that houses nothing but planter bowls. My fairy sim often blooms these plants. At first everything was fine, then I started to notice something strange. In the shed there was a line of planter bowls up against a wall with two large windows. Every plant that he bloomed in that row would show immature harvestables but when he bloomed them to the harvestable state they would disappear. I don't have the "harvest" option, it's as if someone already picked them off.

At first I thought it was the position of that line of planter bowls that was causing the issue, so I mixed those bowls with the bowls that yielded harvestables after blooming and then formed a new line of planter bowls that was parallel to the ones that worked instead of at an angle to them. Yet the problem still persists.

It's really quite frustrating because my witch pretty much relies on this fairy to get her the ingredients she needs for making elixirs. If anyone could help I would be much obliged. Here's some information that I think may also be related to the problem:

1.) It was during the Fall season, at a cold temperature so had the plants been outside they would have been dormant.
2.) The shed has no other furniture except planter bowls and some lights. It has two sliding doors, one of which leads to a fenced (but not gated) area that was intended for trees since they can't be planted in planter bowls. It also has some large windows.
3.) I built the shed and the house on this lot from scratch. The family has been living there for no more than 3 sim days.
4.) The household consists of a Witch, a Fairy, an Alien, a Unicorn, and a Cat.
5.) The Fairy sim has maxed Fairy powers and max gardening skill.
EDIT: 6.) It was thunderstorming apparently, when the problem started happening.

If I think of anything else or if this problem goes away I will update this post, til then I am at the mercy of anyone who can be of assistance. Thanks so much in advance.

Comments

• Options
    GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    edited January 2013
    Actually, yes, I do have that problem. Partially.

I also have a fairy gardener and when she uses bloom to max the plants to harvestable states they do not show fruit and can't actually be harvested even though their state shows "Harvest". This didn't happen until after I installed Seasons, as it was working perfectly after I installed Supernatural.

What I did notice is that if I don't use bloom at all and just grow them naturally I don't have that problem. I would suggest that until a way to fix it comes available you just use your fairy as a regular gardener and skip the bloom. You might also try to test it and see if you can get them to a stage or two before they would be harvestable and then let them go naturally the rest of the way and see if they will still produce harvestable fruit.

Good luck, hope this helps.
  • Options
    kizzerpankizzerpan Posts: 24
    edited January 2013
    Oh! Letting them grow naturally is a great idea lol. I've been so spoiled by these fairy powers that it completely slipped my mind. It's still a shame that that happens though, and yes I do hope they fix it soon. Thanks so much for the info, it's unfortunate but reassuring that I'm not alone lol.
  • Options
    dartigendartigen Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    I've had this happen with naturally-grown plants - BUT. The plants that I had that were fully grown before the bug happened (today) are okay. It's only the plants that reached 'Harvest' status today that are affected.

I'm playing a Witch Sim, so no plant powers. I've been trying to use NRaas DebugEnabler to fix it - killing the plants, then using 'Next Growth Stage' to push them to 'Harvest', then killing the plant, using 'Restart Plant Life' and then letting it go naturally - and it doesn't seem to matter what I do or how I do it, as soon as the mushrooms (Glow Orb, Spotlight, that one that starts with M and Red Toadstools) reach 'Harvest' status, they vanish, and my Sim cannot harvest them.

I've tried removing all my mods, putting them back one by one, etc. etc. etc. and nothing seems to have fixed it. It only happened today - I was playing yesterday and not a problem. I think the only fix is to delete the save and start again :(