Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story help

I have been working on a story for one of my sims but have run into a snag. First off my sim is a plantsim. For the story she is an outcast at school because of this and has no friends. My plan was for her to become more focused on her education and eventually go to college for a bussiness degree and personality wise be a bit uptight and focused. The problem is as I have been playing her, her hobbies (video games, guitar, and reading comics) have made it tough for her to fit within the idea of uptight. I don't want to give up on the story as I have other elements already planned out but I can't think of any way to get her from where she is to stick in the mud?

Does anyone have any ideas how I can make this work or is the only real option to scrap it?

Comments

• Options
    RenitaRenita Posts: 2,242 Member
    edited July 2013
    Well, it can be like her secret side... So if 'someone special' discovers her true personality. Another outcast like her maybe? That has a secret of their own?
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited July 2013
    Secret side is good - you only need to expand on the reasons for her being an outcast. Maybe she was initially shunned for being different. Because of how she's been treated in the past, she has made being a loner a shield against being hurt. Hence her "secret side." Just play into the story how no one online knows who she really is, etc. And no playing for tips. :)
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited July 2013
    Surreal wrote:
    Secret side is good - you only need to expand on the reasons for her being an outcast. Maybe she was initially shunned for being different. Because of how she's been treated in the past, she has made being a loner a shield against being hurt. Hence her "secret side." Just play into the story how no one online knows who she really is, etc. And no playing for tips. :)

problem is that still leaves the question of how her outer side becomes more serious.

To expand a little the base plan is that when she goes to college she meets someone who accepts her for who she is and helps her break out of being uptight. But I can't figure out how to justify the serious side.

I do like the secret side idea I am just trying to figure out how to explain the bussiness degree and the uptightness.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited July 2013
    Because without the friends to create a distraction, she turned to studying super hard as a way to pass the time.

The bullies either directly told her or indirectly told her that she was never going to make it as an adult and so she's gotten a bit uptight with trying to prove them wrong. She has no time for joking around or goofing off because it could jeopardize that.
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thank you everyone for all the help. I now have a plan for where to take the story.

The basic idea I have settled with is that while she enjoys hobbies like comics, guitar, and games she has been shunned/bullied so much and for so long that she can't bring herself to try for a career where her whole life is based around what basically comes down to her popularity. So in public she focuses on school and not drawing to much attention to herself and plans to go into business because there she feels she will be judged by performance and numbers rather than being judged on who she is and thinks which she is afraid to show anyone for fear of ridicule and bullying.

Thank you again to all who helped.
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited July 2013
    That sounds like an excellent story - hope you'll post it.