Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need some opinions...

Thanks for reading.

I have the eps: LN, Gen, WA, and Seasons.

I also have quite a bit of CC. 8) Some files are corrupted, I admit. My game lags so much when it snows, rains, hails(etc), that I have to turn them off. How fun is that? :cry: Not fun at all! I usually play on fast forward since my patience is horrible with this game.

It lags SO much, its ridiculous!

Anyways, before I hulk-smash my computer (lol), I was thinking that maybe I should start over. You know, completely over. I've been having thoughts about deleting all my CC so I can play a pure game for a while...

(Eventually, it'll be unavoidable since I have quite a few corrupted files already)

*sniffles* It's going to hurt, but I'll eventually get over it.

Any thoughts? What do you suggest I do?

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for reading.

I also have quite a bit of CC. 8) Some files are corrupted, I admit. My game lags so much when it snows, rains, hails(etc), that I have to turn them off. How fun is that? :cry: Not fun at all! I usually play on fast forward since my patience is horrible with this game.

Anyways, before I hulk-smash my computer (lol), I was thinking that maybe I should start over. You know, completely over. I've been having thoughts about deleting all my CC so I can play a pure game for a while...

(Eventually, it'll be unavoidable since I have quite a few corrupted files already)

Post your DXdiag report.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited July 2013
    You're game is not going to run smoothly while playing with bad CC. Right before UL came out I cleaned out my game and got rid of A LOT of CC that either I knew had a problem or I never used just taking up space.

I created a vanilla game and gradually added back in my content that I wanted to keep. Testing each item as I went just to make sure before I put it into my clean folder. Yes it's a pain but all the work will pay off once you have your game running smoothly again.

Also, I agree with Goldmoldar you should double check to make sure your computer is handling the game and it truly is a CC issue.
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited July 2013
    ... i normally try to keep to store items and then when it comes to cc make sure its package .this way it easier to get rid of the bad ones and easy to add back after updates!
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2013
    Have you tried make new clean files to your game? You should try it!

I'll explain it the best I can, so you'll know what to to If you don't know allready.

Library>Document>Electronic Arts

Rename the The Sims 3 file to The Sims 3 Backup.

Next time you'll start you're game you'll have new clean files and the bad CC should be gone.

You can move you're familys from your old game files to your new files by doing this:

Library>Document>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3 Backup>Saves

Choose the family you want to move to the new sims files. If you had one game named Bridgeport and one named Twinbrook that you wanted to have in your game again, these are the files yu should Copy:

Twinbrook.sims3
    Bridgeport.sims3

Paste them it to:

Library>Document>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Saves

Then you should have those saves show up in your game.

I have no idea if this will work but it's worth a shot!
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    vke90vke90 Posts: 352 New Member
    edited July 2013
    It's always been my approach to download CC that would really enhance gameplay. I think many get CC for the sake of getting CC. I would not do that. :)

I don't understand those lengthy report things, so this is just sheer biased opinion.

Edit: And I agree with doing a massive clean-up, even if it's not to benefit game speed. Take a spring cleaning approach.
  • Options
    CydneeLovesYouCydneeLovesYou Posts: 23
    edited July 2013
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Thanks for reading.

Post your DXdiag report.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
    System Model: Satellite L755
    BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.60.452.50
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 4044MB RAM
    Page File: 2647MB used, 5438MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Does CC take up a lot of space? If so, I do need to do that extreme clean up
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You're game is not going to run smoothly while playing with bad CC. Right before UL came out I cleaned out my game and got rid of A LOT of CC that either I knew had a problem or I never used just taking up space.

I created a vanilla game and gradually added back in my content that I wanted to keep. Testing each item as I went just to make sure before I put it into my clean folder. Yes it's a pain but all the work will pay off once you have your game running smoothly again.

Also, I agree with Goldmoldar you should double check to make sure your computer is handling the game and it truly is a CC issue.

The other day I was thinking that maybe it was my computer. The game ran smoothly and quickly @ startup when I didn't have any CC. Eh, it could be anything. :roll: I do admit that I've been a little CC crazy though. :oops:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Have you tried make new clean files to your game? You should try it!

I'll explain it the best I can, so you'll know what to to If you don't know allready.

Library>Document>Electronic Arts

Rename the The Sims 3 file to The Sims 3 Backup.

Next time you'll start you're game you'll have new clean files and the bad CC should be gone.

You can move you're familys from your old game files to your new files by doing this:

Library>Document>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3 Backup>Saves

Choose the family you want to move to the new sims files. If you had one game named Bridgeport and one named Twinbrook that you wanted to have in your game again, these are the files yu should Copy:

Twinbrook.sims3
    Bridgeport.sims3

Paste them it to:

Library>Document>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Saves

Then you should have those saves show up in your game.

I have no idea if this will work but it's worth a shot!

Thanks for the suggestion :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    vke90 wrote:
    It's always been my approach to download CC that would really enhance gameplay. I think many get CC for the sake of getting CC. I would not do that. :)

I don't understand those lengthy report things, so this is just sheer biased opinion.

Edit: And I agree with doing a massive clean-up, even if it's not to benefit game speed. Take a spring cleaning approach.

You've caught me red handed :oops: While I do have a couple of mods that are freaking awesome, I do download a lot of CC for fun... Yeah, I need to stop that.
  • Options
    RenitaRenita Posts: 2,242 Member
    edited July 2013
    CC isn't bad, unless it's outdated or not good made cc :P

Also, I suggest downloading Overwatch and Error Trap from Nraas. It helps clean up your game a bit and help from not getting corrupted. Although, I agree to clean up your CC folder is a good idea.
  • Options
    masterw3masterw3 Posts: 201 Member
    edited July 2013
    Have you tried switching active families for a bit to make sure it doesn't have anything to do with the current family?
    Fardmer family runs so bad, grandma's deceased pet snail does laps around it.
    But I use ANY other family, it runs great, really great.
  • Options
    LucyBorgiaLucyBorgia Posts: 753 Member
    edited July 2013
    masterw3 wrote:
    Have you tried switching active families for a bit to make sure it doesn't have anything to do with the current family?
    Fardmer family runs so bad, grandma's deceased pet snail does laps around it.
    But I use ANY other family, it runs great, really great.

And if it is one family, try moving them to a different town - after I bought late night & pets, my legacy family crawled while other saves were fine. So I moved them and it was lots better.