Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dragon Valley - Houseboats?

Has anyone tried to put houseboats into Dragon Valley? I hate to say this, but I do not like Isla Paradiso. I don't like the speed boats, I don't care for diving. The only thing I really like are houseboats on the water. I really miss Dragon Valley and just want to go back.

Comments

• Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited July 2013
    Nope, haven't done that yet. I was working on it the other way around. Making a Dragon Valley themed houseboat and Dragon Valley party beach for IP.
  • Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    edited July 2013
    Has anyone tried to put houseboats into Dragon Valley? I hate to say this, but I do not like Isla Paradiso. I don't like the speed boats, I don't care for diving. The only thing I really like are houseboats on the water. I really miss Dragon Valley and just want to go back.

Yes, just did that today. Built several piers. What I can't do is place a dive lot in this world as the option doesn't show under community lots. Everything else appears to work though
  • Options
    perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited July 2013
    mmoblitz - You forgot to use the enablelotlocking cheat; that will let you put in diving areas. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited July 2013
    I am going to work on houseboats in Dragon Valley tonight.

Here are the dive spot instructions:

to me

1) Enter Edit Town Mode

2) Open the cheat box (CTRL + SHIFT + C)

3) Testingcheatsenabled true

4) Buydebug

5) EnableLotLocking true

6) Select Diving Spot and save it to the Bin

7) Open a new game via the Main Menu

8) Edit Town

9) Place an empty lot into the water (World Editor)

10) Set the lot type to Community > Diving Lot

• Options
    SVTonySVTony Posts: 243 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Do you need a pier to have a houseboat? If that's the case, is there a tutorial on how to do this? I'd like to have houseboats in other worlds but don't know how to do it.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited July 2013
    SVTony wrote:
    Do you need a pier to have a houseboat? If that's the case, is there a tutorial on how to do this? I'd like to have houseboats in other worlds but don't know how to do it.
    Graham did a tutorial here.
  • Options
    SVTonySVTony Posts: 243 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Thank you :D
  • Options
    treintrientreintrien Posts: 492 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I placed one on the river in DV,

Make sure they don't have to cross the stone bridge.

I put it near the theater, the opposite side of the river is where I put a 25x50 lot.

Make sure your pier is to the bridge side of the lot.
    It should go far over the water... about 15 blocks.

Make sure to put the boatthingy in the middle of the river, otherwise they won't be able to navigate there. I left about 5 blocks of water on both sides.

Enjoy the houseboats!

ps Haven't seen him moving tot the other ports yet. Hope he will eventually (NPC on boat)