May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Needing Help! -Solved! Thank you!

I know this might not be the right place for this but I don't know what to do!
I just bought monte vista on amazon and it says that to download it I have to go on the sims3.com and click on store account and download it from there but that page never loads!
Im stuck and confused and cant find a way to install it, Please help!
Since that page wont load I cant go on redeem a code like it says and install my world.
What do I do??

-Thank you for the help guys!

Comments

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2013
    the site can be very buggy, so try again in a hour or so, you can even try a difrent internet launcher. if that still doesn't work contact CS.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    rosemeganrosemegan Posts: 187 Member
    edited July 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    the site can be very buggy, so try again in a hour or so, you can even try a difrent internet launcher. if that still doesn't work contact CS.

Okay thank you for the tip! Im going crazy over here trying to figure out anything I can do
  • Options
    mishmushmishmush Posts: 2,953 New Member
    edited July 2013
    You could try to go this route and see what pops up? When I downloaded Barnacle Bay I went this way to do it? If not, anettesb is right!

http://store.thesims3.com/montevista
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    no problem... good luck on getting it sorted.

edit to ad:
    if anything like this and uploading gives you problems try doing when not a busy time for the site.
    busy time is:
    afternoon US as that is also evening Europe
    weekends especially if in the time frame abow.
    school holydays
    national holydays and weekends (the more that celebrat the more busy)

so if you can the best time to do anything is the middle of a normal week around 11 am Europe time.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mishmush wrote:
    You could try to go this route and see what pops up? When I downloaded Barnacle Bay I went this way to do it? If not, anettesb is right!

Would I have to pay for it again? Or is there a way I can just enter my code without doing it. Since I already purchased it and have the code, I don't really want to purchase it again.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    When you see that page what pops up? Does it have a download option? Or if you click on buy does the option to enter a code pop up?
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited July 2013
    mishmush wrote:

I got Monte Vista from a code, and it shows in my purchase history as "free," and when I go to the Monte Vista page it only gives me the option to purchase. It doesn't recogonize that I already own and give me the option to download. When I got a code for Barnacle Bay (with my pre-order of IP) I was really surprised that it lets me download it from the world's page.

OP, I'd suggest trying a different browser. Or just waiting and letting it load. Do not click multiple times, or it will load your purchase history with multiples of everything.
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mishmush wrote:
    When you see that page what pops up? Does it have a download option? Or if you click on buy does the option to enter a code pop up?

It doesn't have the download option.
    When I click buy that page isn't loading aswell.
    Im starting to lose hope and think that I just cant install it :cry:
    Ive been here for about an hour and nothings working
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well darn! I thought I would try! And is that why multiples are showing on my purchase history? I have doubles of everything! LOL
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mishmush wrote:

I got Monte Vista from a code, and it shows in my purchase history as "free," and when I go to the Monte Vista page it only gives me the option to purchase. It doesn't recogonize that I already own and give me the option to download. When I got a code for Barnacle Bay (with my pre-order of IP) I was really surprised that it lets me download it from the world's page.

OP, I'd suggest trying a different browser. Or just waiting and letting it load. Do not click multiple times, or it will load your purchase history with multiples of everything.

It wont let me get to my purchase history because those pages aren't loading like I wait and wait and nothing happens so I have to try again and again but it never seems to load
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    How long are you waiting? Once I let it load for like 15 minutes before it finally popped up!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    also cleaning your coockies and restarting your computer can help.... I use CCleaner.

in the end if nothing work contact CS....
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mishmush wrote:
    Well darn! I thought I would try! And is that why multiples are showing on my purchase history? I have doubles of everything! LOL

Ugh I would love to have doubles of everything then to not have that page load. This really sucks. But thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it. I don't know if its just my computer that wont let me.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mishmush wrote:
    How long are you waiting? Once I let it load for like 15 minutes before it finally popped up!

I have another tab opened up with the store account on it loading its been there for about 5 minutes now and its still not loaded. But I guess ill wait a bit longer then
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    also cleaning your coockies and restarting your computer can help.... I use CCleaner.

in the end if nothing work contact CS....

Ooh, ill try restarting my computer in a little while. Let me just see if theres anything else I can do. That will be my last resort hoping that it will load if I restart my computer
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    And def try a different browswer too like anettesb said. My go to is chrome but firefox is my backup if the site is being silly. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mishmush wrote:
    And def try a different browswer too like anettesb said. My go to is chrome but firefox is my backup if the site is being silly. :)

Alright ill try! Thank you
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mishmush wrote:

Oh my Gosh Thank you so much! It worked!! Im so excited. I used chrome and it worked perfectly. I honestly can not thank you enough! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Again thank you all for your help! Youve all been very nice and tried to help me with this problem that finally got solved! Again thank you guys so much for trying to help me i really appreciate it :)
  • Options
    DaeliaDaelia Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited July 2013
    Gosh it takes me around 15 minutes for purchase history to load and it pops up in multiples like 3's & 4's!
    It's generally a good rule-of-thumb to open it in another tab, and go about other things for a good little while before giving up, and don't refresh over and over, it will only cause more wait time... this site doesn't know how to handle itself I swear!
    If it gets to an error page, THEN you know that it's just Not cooperating, but until then... it's just a matter of time..

I've also noticed that lately when I go to purchase history it leaves my password pop-up up in one tab and goes to opening the PH page in a different tab, so don't close either of those just in case one or the other will get there.

I hope this gets sorted without the need for customer service, they're rarely knowledgeable about our issues for some reason :roll: ((crosses fingers for you))

Edit: Oops! Looks like you got it working, That's GREAT!! Happy Simming!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Daelia wrote:
    Gosh it takes me around 15 minutes for purchase history to load and it pops up in multiples like 3's & 4's!
    It's generally a good rule-of-thumb to open it in another tab, and go about other things for a good little while before giving up, and don't refresh over and over, it will only cause more wait time... this site doesn't know how to handle itself I swear!
    If it gets to an error page, THEN you know that it's just Not cooperating, but until then... it's just a matter of time..

I've also noticed that lately when I go to purchase history it leaves my password pop-up up in one tab and goes to opening the PH page in a different tab, so don't close either of those just in case one or the other will get there.

I hope this gets sorted without the need for customer service, they're rarely knowledgeable about our issues for some reason :roll: ((crosses fingers for you))

Edit: Oops! Looks like you got it working, That's GREAT!! Happy Simming!

Thank you though for the tips! But yes i got it to work :mrgreen: