Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any other UK simmer who ordered from Amazon recieved their game?

Hi all,

I am so disappointed.

I got home from school and was so excited thinking Island Paradise would have been delivered. I was so upset when I realised it hadn't and wondered if any other simmer feels the same way as me.

I'm just wondering if any other UK simmer who pre ordered from Amazon has received their game. I'm really hoping it arrives sometime early tomorrow. Also does anyone know the time that Amazon usually sends stuff?

Comments

• Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited June 2013
    I got mine from Amazon today but I paid extra for release day delivery. I hope you get yours soon. :)
  • Options
    SweetK411SweetK411 Posts: 91 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi all,

I am so disappointed.

I got home from school and was so excited thinking Island Paradise would have been delivered. I was so upset when I realised it hadn't and wondered if any other simmer feels the same way as me.

I'm just wondering if any other UK simmer who pre ordered from Amazon has received their game. I'm really hoping it arrives sometime early tomorrow. Also does anyone know the time that Amazon usually sends stuff?

I also haven't received mine. i'm extremely disappointed as this is my 1st time not getting a sims game on release day & my 1st time ordering from Amazon. I've surely learn't my lesson 2 NEVER EVER order from them again.
  • Options
    madmadam59madmadam59 Posts: 83 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have preordered from Amazon for sims games twice in the past and both times I have not recevied my game, upon emailing them I get a reply that they have had a problem with their shipment and they will keep me informed. I have sworn never to pre order from them again.

I went into my local Asda store yesterday and asked them to put a copy aside for me and picked it up this morning. much more stress free.
  • Options
    Anitasim0Anitasim0 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I received mine unfortunately there was no install code inside gutted big time :(
  • Options
    Iceman908790Iceman908790 Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    I got my at 9.30am and installed everything but it was messed up so been uninstalling and re-installing all EP's and SP's than need to do SC !!!!! but this has happened to a few people tho
  • Options
    Loreleilee73Loreleilee73 Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2013
    I learnt my lesson with Amazon a long time ago lol! I always pre-order EP's from Asda Direct, not only are they cheaper than everywhere else but my games always turn up a day early, I got IP yesterday :) Super service all round! To all those who haven't received their games yet: may the postie fairy smile on you tomorrow xx
  • Options
    EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited June 2013
    I pre-ordered UL with Amazon and never got it so haven't ordered from them since. I ordered mine through Origin (for the stuff pack deal) in digital form. Was playing it last night a midnight :D

I hope you get your game soon :( I hate it when a game doesn't arrive when it should.
    'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
    'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • Options
    SimsGuineaPigSimsGuineaPig Posts: 530 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I wasn't too keen on ordering from Amazon once I heard they don't send things on the exact day. Fingers crossed I'll get it tomorrow.

I used to buy games in my local Asda store when I was younger, however I compared prices to other retailers and shops and worked out that Asda seems to be really expensive for games. They might have lowered prices since but I'm not sure.

We had to order from Amazon since they were vouchers from my birthday and I was sure I probably wouldn't find anything else to spend them on. I ordered last Sunday (I think but it might be Saturday) and at the same time I also ordered Ambitions with extra money from the vouchers left over. Ambitions arrived the following Tuesday.

We think it might have been sent last night, and with the two days on Ambitions, it might arrive any day this weekend. If we get an email saying its canceled I will be so disappointed. I've been so looking forward to it all week and talking non stop about it.

@Iceman908790 I think that is more a technical fault than because of the shipment. At least you've got yours!

@Anitasim0 That's what I thought from opening Ambitions. I found it on a little white label located just under where the disc fits into the box.
  • Options
    MurlMurl Posts: 121 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I haven't got mine and I ordered from Amazon for the first time, too. Usually they're good with deliveries but it always seems to be newly released products that they fail with.
  • Options
    southern_wintersouthern_winter Posts: 321 Member
    edited June 2013
    I did and mine was delivered this afternoon. I was lucky this time. Last time I preordered, they didn't dispatch it til just before midnight before release day so I didn't get it til the day after!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Also thank you everyone for so many replies! I don't think I'll be doing any pre ordering for any game that I'm really looking forward to so that I won't get this disappointment again. I'm keeping a smile on my face and hoping it comes in the next few hours, since that is all that I can do for now. I don't want to play sims until I receive it since last time I opened it I couldn't stop thinking about it.
  • Options
    SweetK411SweetK411 Posts: 91 Member
    edited June 2013
    Also thank you everyone for so many replies! I don't think I'll be doing any pre ordering for any game that I'm really looking forward to so that I won't get this disappointment again. I'm keeping a smile on my face and hoping it comes in the next few hours, since that is all that I can do for now. I don't want to play sims until I receive it since last time I opened it I couldn't stop thinking about it.

I have faith you'll defo get yours today. I received mine an hour ago. I'm happy to have it now but i just know for next time not to order from Amazon again :shock:

But fingers crossed you'll get yours any minute now :-)
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited June 2013
    yes i got mine yesterday, i always order from amazon and the only game i didn't get on release day was seasons which came 1 day late, hope your game arrives soon :D
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    super_niinsuper_niin Posts: 107 Member
    edited June 2013
    Just received mine and amazons estimated delivery date for it was next Tuesday (2nd of July). So hopefully royal mail will be helpful for you as well :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'm genuinely nervous about it...
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited June 2013
    Mine hasn't come yet. I wasn't expecting it to since the estimated delivery is the 2nd, but since other people had received it already... :( I want it so much!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I've just seen the postman go down a road near to where I live... I hope he comes to our house...
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited June 2013
    I hope anyone still waiting for their game doesn't have to wait much longer. I only ever pre-ordered from Amazon once, for Showtime. I payed a little bit extra for release day delivery, and it came part-way through the week after. I've been using Origin and getting digital copies ever since. Never had any problems with them. The only thing I did once, was type one of the UL redemption codes in to Origin by mistake, and that was my fault. They were really helpful about fixing that for me too.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's just got delivered and I'm sooo happy!
  • Options
    karla1985karla1985 Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    Hi, I pre-ordered it from Amazon but like some others I paid the extra £2 for it to be delivered on the day it was released and it came on Friday.

Hopefully yours will come either today or Monday.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited June 2013
    It's just got delivered and I'm sooo happy!

Yay have fun, it is the most amazing expansion ever!
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    honeybee1564honeybee1564 Posts: 415 New Member
    edited June 2013
    i always order from Game as theirs always arrives a day early