Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

game popped up move screen but its not my family

And now my game is pretty much froze.

I sent my sim to the library to work on a case (She's an investigator) when suddenly a move box popped up with a bunch of random sims on it (old house is walsh, new is neiman)

I tried to move them, clicked every option (empty lot, empty port,house) and apparently they can't afford anything because nothing lights up. So i am stuck on this screen, cancel is not lit up so i can't pick that. I also can't pick "kick out"

Please help...

Comments

• Options
    PandoraRitterPandoraRitter Posts: 787 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I do have some mods (Twallans, MC, mover, portrait panel,) I updated them before I installed ISland Paradise and the patch.
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited June 2013
    That's a variation on the moving glitch that I had not read about yet. Twallan mentioned in his NRaas State of the Mod post today that there have been some reported issues with Mover, so that may be it, though I haven't experienced any. Perhaps your problem will go away if you remove that and wait for his update. You'll note from his recent posts that he is making adjustments to a handful of mods right now. The one to make certain you remove until further notice is Register, of course.

There is a fairly large chance that the glitch stems from an EA problem, though, and not the mods. Time will tell.
  • Options
    PandoraRitterPandoraRitter Posts: 787 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks. Can I leave the game up and remove the mod? Or do I need to close out of the entire game?

It's a bummer because I didn't save..sigh....
  • Options
    Jedi321Jedi321 Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    Ah this is happening to me too!! Except it's Neiman and Estrada, but it's the same deal. This is the second time it's happened. The first time I just closed the game and hoped that would fix it. Apparently, it didn't...
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited October 2013
    Have youi patched to 1.63 and, if so, did you remove your mods and check for updates before putting them back?

Many mods were broken by the patch and, if you have encountered such then, all you can do is exit (or force the game to close), remove the mods, and load an earlier save.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.