Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dragons a game breaker

I love the world, but I can't fing the dragon egg file to remove it from the game. It's such a game breaker. I only got the world because it looked nice.

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,553 Member
    edited June 2013
    I love the world, but I can't fing the dragon egg file to remove it from the game. It's such a game breaker. I only got the world because it looked nice.
    I don't understand what you mean. You don't have to use the dragons if that's what you want - I've been playing DV and haven't used them at all yet.
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited June 2013
    Just don't mess with the eggs and there will not be any dragons. They are entirely at your option.
  • Options
    DawnmccarthyDawnmccarthy Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2013
    That's not the point. I was disappointed with the purchase, and would like to REMOVE the outfits and eggs permanently. But they show up nowhere. And uninstalling the world doesn't do it.
    Also, if the dragon eggs have spawn points, like in graveyards, that means those spawn points will likely pop up in new games too. DRAGONS EVERYWHERE! NO!

Strange that the world download is listed in the launcher as an object file instead of a world file.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have read that the dragons do not spawn. You will only get them in your game if you want them there. So why can't you just ignore them?

Like I said, I've been playing Dragon Valley since it came out and I haven't yet come across any dragons. Probably because I haven't tried to yet.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited June 2013
    The eggs do not spawn (there are no spawners) and can only be bought from buydebug in other worlds. Specific eggs were placed in DV by the devs. They don't spontaneously hatch. Someone has to talk to the eggs before they will hatch. The eggs will not give you problems. Ignoring them is easy. I don't really see them until I go looking for them. HTH

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited June 2013
    Mylita...you can also buy them in buy/function/entertainment/misc. I know this isn't the point but I thought I would tell you, I was playing Riverview when I got DV and of course had to try the dragon. When I moved my family to DV they brought their dragons,I created a new family to play and visited for party at my moved family's home. The dragons were there on the floor, waiting for interaction with wings spread. My sim picked it up and took it home. When he is out and gets tired he feeds and plays w/it. I had bought the egg in Riverview. The dragons are not the focal point of DV. So if you want them they are there for sim benefit, if you don't want them no big deal, don't collect the eggs just enjoy the play!
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    umm... Dragon eggs DO spawn. Like in the DV graveyard. Meaning there are egg spawners.
    Like here. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/681807.page

Meaning, they might have spawners in any new games I make. Like supernatural gems spawning in a new game in sunset valley.

So. Unless you're going to tell me how to REMOVE THE UNWANTED CONTENT, which is the point of this topic, I'll just ignore you. This isn't a meet and greet debate club.
  • Options
    VRStevensonVRStevenson Posts: 4,396 Member
    edited June 2013
    umm... Dragon eggs DO spawn. Like in the DV graveyard. Meaning there are egg spawners.

Meaning, they might have spawners in any new games I make. Like supernatural gems spawning in a new game in sunset valley.

So. Unless you're going to tell me how to REMOVE THE UNWANTED CONTENT, which is the point of this topic, I'll just ignore you. This isn't a meet and greet debate club.

*If* there are egg spawners, then you can use buydebug to remove the spawners since they are on community lots which you can edit.

The thread you linked to does not prove your point, in fact two people state that the store team placed the eggs found on community lots.

/shrug :?

And in regard to your specific question about removing content that came with the world...you cant do that because it all came as one sim3pack.

You can remove the outfits from CAS with Nraas MasterController and Dresser though. they wont be gone from game but they will be out of CAS and sims in town shouldnt wear them either.
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited June 2013

if you read the thread you linked you can see several people pointed out the eggs are placed, they do not spawn. Some of the people saying this are world builders themselves. They are more educated on the topic and understand how these worlds are created.

There is no way to remove part of the world and not the whole thing. So you just have to get rid of the world. I am sorry you are dissatisfied, but no one is attempting to attack you or anything. We are just pointing out that the dragons are not forced into your game.

Hope you can solve your problem and enjoy your game as you best wish too.
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited June 2013
    They are NOT Spawners, they were pre-placed by the building team...

And no, the locations of the eggs are found in some homes, the pub, and the graveyard, so it's not tied to the graveyard.

If you play any other World, you won't find Dragon Eggs.

You can uninstall the Dragon Eggs by going into your Launcher, Installed Content, and slowly scroll through until you find the Dragon Eggs.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited June 2013

THE DRAGON EGGS DO NOT SPAWN! They were placed in Dragon Valley by the world creators. Geezuz... find the d*** Dragon eggs, delete them, problem solved.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    They are NOT Spawners, they were pre-placed by the building team...

And no, the locations of the eggs are found in some homes, the pub, and the graveyard, so it's not tied to the graveyard.

If you play any other World, you won't find Dragon Eggs.

You can uninstall the Dragon Eggs by going into your Launcher, Installed Content, and slowly scroll through until you find the Dragon Eggs.

The dragon egg and outfits aren't listed in there.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Since nobody's gonna answer the topic properly, I'm abandoning it. Nothing useful here.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Since nobody's gonna answer the topic properly, I'm abandoning it. Nothing useful here.
    What! You mean nobody gave you a proper answer amongst all that very un-useful information? Shame on us all... :lol:
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited June 2013
    Then you're going to have to start a new Sims 3 Game Folder, then install ONLY Dragon Valley and locate those items in your installed tab.

Then you can go install all other store content afterwards.

That's the only other option for you. If you refuse to do that then I wish you luck in your gameplay that you personally chose to not try to fix yourself....
  • Options
    amarocalamarocal Posts: 128 Member
    edited June 2013
    I just don't know why you keep answering her! She is just so rude!
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited June 2013

So, you think if you keep asking the same question, eventually someone will make up an answer for you?

There are no egg spawners.. none, nada, nothing.

Here is an :egg: for you to go cook breakfast with.
  • Options
    FleeraFleera Posts: 313 Member
    edited June 2013
    If the egg image doesn't show in the launcher, you may have too many items installed to be able to see it. Maybe. Just a thought.
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited June 2013

As previously stated, you can go through the installed section in your launcher and scroll through until you find the objects you wish to uninstall. You have to uninstall them, not just delete them.

The dragon eggs, as multiple people have pointed out, do not spawn. I'm sorry you've misunderstood the information previously provided, but the eggs in DV were placed there by gurus. If you don't want dragons, don't have your sims interact with them. You can also go into Edit world and delete the eggs from the locations where the gurus placed them. They do not exist in the other worlds unless you've placed them.

There is no need to have attitude since you were given this information multiple times and apparently chose to completely ignore it. :roll: :roll: :roll:
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    edited June 2013

How very sad that since you didn't find the answer that you wanted that you felt you had to insult everyone who attempted to help you. I understand that you are frustrated with your game. We ALL have experiences like that sooner or later and can relate, but dont take out your frustrations and ill feelings on real people. We are not Sims and have feelings too.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2013
    I don't know if it's because I have Twallan's Story Progression or it's simply the game works, but I've noticed hatched dragons all over Dragon Valley that don't belong to my Sims. They are usually found close to Sims as they hang out in parks or other public places. I've also noticed that my game will hang if I click on a dragon that belongs to another Sim and try to perform an interaction. They usually just get stuck and I have to cancel the interaction from their queue. The Sims always reset themselves afterwards. Good thing I have ErrorTrap!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    edited June 2013
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    I don't know if it's because I have Twallan's Story Progression or it's simply the game works, but I've noticed hatched dragons all over Dragon Valley that don't belong to my Sims. They are usually found close to Sims as they hang out in parks or other public places.

I think there are some pre-made families in DV who already have the dragons in their family inventory, but I am not sure on this.

There are no egg spawners though. Believe me, I was hoping for one.

:lol: I got the giggles from reading this thread though. Sims 3 forum-ites are usually pretty nice people. Seems funny to get all rude and grouchy because the facts you are getting aren't what you want to hear. And believe me, I'm a serious grouch!