Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom breed registry?

Hello everyone! I am new to the world of Equus-sims and similar role play. I only found out about it because I created my own custom breed that I would love to share with the sims community like the way Equus-sims does. However, they seem to be restricted to real life breeds and not open to creating a registry for custom breeds (SEEM to be people, they might be open to it. I have only just sent in my application to join so haven't gotten to ask yet.)
My question is: Is there a custom horse breed registry out there? If not, how many people would be interested in joining and helping in the creation of one?

P.S. Pics of my breed can be seen at cherrymeadowstables.weebly.com

Comments

• Options
    SadieHyenaSadieHyena Posts: 62
    edited June 2013
    I'm sure I saw something for custom breeds somewhere, but Equus-Sims is pretty strict last time I checked it out, might have relaxed some.
    I must say, though, that your breed is absolutely gorgeous! I'll definitely do what I can to help!
  • Options
    ANNIEOVERANNIEOVER Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited June 2013
    S3BA.ucoz.org
    simspets.weebly.com

Contact owners of site first and ask.
  • Options
    horseluvr2524horseluvr2524 Posts: 93 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Sadie! There may be a war horse in your future =P

Thank you Annie for the site references. I have already contacted S3BA but not simspets. I'll definitely check them out. If I get any info I'll post it on here so keep checking back! :D
  • Options
    Tiffany_BabiiTiffany_Babii Posts: 427 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hello, I am one of the admin of Simspets, we do allow fantasy type breeds and if you apply for the registry it would be listed under 'other registries' Please feel free to email us at simspets@live.com We will be happy to answer any questions you have. You can also join the Community and post any questions you may have on the forum. We hope to see you around soon!
    OriginID: SummerRed7
  • Options
    horseluvr2524horseluvr2524 Posts: 93 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Tiffany, but my breed is not a fantasy/unicorn breed. Just a good old regular custom horse breed. Well, it's actually REALLY good. I have never gotten such good conformation in a sim horse! Especially not a draft...

Anyway, I am thinking about starting a CUSTOM only breed registry site! If it's only me managing it, it will probably be horses and unicorns only. But if other people would like to get involved, let me know.

Please tell me if any of you would like to host, join, or help manage a custom breed registry! It would be a fun, creative, and open minded kind of registry site without all of the politics and red tape that the others have.

P.S. I have ton of fun "custom" type of shows that people don't do... I'm thinking costume contest, cutest photo contests, cross country, jumping, driving classes (if anyone can figure out how to drive sim horses or at least get photos of horses being driven in sims, let me know!)
  • Options
    Tiffany_BabiiTiffany_Babii Posts: 427 Member
    edited June 2013
    we can still accept it. I think there is to many communities around here for you to start your own, just my opinion, BUT you most definitely should make a registry site and we would be happy toblist you as host for it. I it would still be listed under 'Other' though we might list it under 'Horse' also and just put Custom breed by it. shall talk to my co-host tomorrow. We are always available to answer questions through email or PM on our forum. neither of us get on here much so I'm sorry for the late reply :)
    OriginID: SummerRed7