Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Excuses to Argue

Okay, here's the deal: I've got two Sim teens living under the same roof, but not related in any way. They're in a relationship, but I've decided I want them to have a huge break-up fight, then later make up, just to make things a bit more interesting. Because this is a role-play situation, I'd like to have a good excuse to click the "Argue" option in the Pie Chart for them.

Any ideas for good reasons for a player to make Sims argue? I'd like for generalized ideas that are good in most circumstances as well as ideas for this particular situation. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    zienietzieniet Posts: 18
    edited June 2013
    make the boy beat up a good friend of the girl? however then you need a reason why the boy beats him up :P

or when one of them spends more time doing a hobby, (like gaming or painting) and neglects the other.

whell there are alot of reasons why they could argue, but i don't know the personality of the kids
  • Options
    Kisky2002Kisky2002 Posts: 114 Member
    edited June 2013
    One of them could cheat on someone else.

And the excuse? "I thought he/she was hotter than you" :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Kisky2002Kisky2002 Posts: 114 Member
    edited June 2013
    One of them could cheat and be sneak-dating someone else.

And the excuse? "I thought he/she was hotter than you" :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Sara2573Sara2573 Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2013
    Okay, here's the deal: I've got two Sim teens living under the same roof, but not related in any way. They're in a relationship, but I've decided I want them to have a huge break-up fight, then later make up, just to make things a bit more interesting. Because this is a role-play situation, I'd like to have a good excuse to click the "Argue" option in the Pie Chart for them.

Any ideas for good reasons for a player to make Sims argue? I'd like for generalized ideas that are good in most circumstances as well as ideas for this particular situation. Thank you in advance.

It could be because the girl is best friends with a guy or she thinks the guy is cheating because he flirts a lot?
    These are common things that cause people in a relationship to fight.
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited June 2013
    When you click on Argue, sometimes there IS a reason. For instance, if she has the Diva trait (and sometimes if she doesn't) the "Accuse of Being a Diva" option will be there. Alternately, if you have Generations, you can wait for one of them to have a Mood Swing day and a lot of times, they will roll the want to Break Up with the other sim. What better excuse do you need when it comes to teenagers than raging hormones and complete lack of rationality? LOL
  • Options
    GroxAncestorGroxAncestor Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    Okay, so various kinds of jealousy and romantic dishonesty? I'll remember that those are options, though I'd prefer to not use them.

The idea of one spending too much time doing a hobby is a possibility.

Should I look up a site that lists common reasons people fight in relationships?
  • Options
    grobnic356grobnic356 Posts: 429 New Member
    edited June 2013
    heres one you can even play out...have one of them sleep in the others bed and then leave it messed up.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Okay, so various kinds of jealousy and romantic dishonesty? I'll remember that those are options, though I'd prefer to not use them.

The idea of one spending too much time doing a hobby is a possibility.

Should I look up a site that lists common reasons people fight in relationships?

http://www.sheknows.com/love-and-sex/articles/839483/top-5-reasons-relationships-end

http://www.eharmony.com/dating-advice/relationships/nine-reasons-good-relationships-go-bad/
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited June 2013
    I thought of something else you could do to play out a whole scenario. Have them go to a park or other community lot together and have him just talk (friendly interactions) to another girl. In turn, she can start snubbing him (if you have Generations) for a time. During that time, I believe when he tries talking to her, she will just ignore him. It is a classic teen girl move (at least it was for me! LOL) to get mad over something innocent, then refuse to talk to the guy not even to tell him why she isn't talking to him! LOL By the time she stops snubbing him (you would decide how long that goes on) he will be plenty ticked off as well, and HE won't even know why...so then they argue! LOL
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yahtzami wrote:
    I thought of something else you could do to play out a whole scenario. Have them go to a park or other community lot together and have him just talk (friendly interactions) to another girl. In turn, she can start snubbing him (if you have Generations) for a time. During that time, I believe when he tries talking to her, she will just ignore him. It is a classic teen girl move (at least it was for me! LOL) to get mad over something innocent, then refuse to talk to the guy not even to tell him why she isn't talking to him! LOL By the time she stops snubbing him (you would decide how long that goes on) he will be plenty ticked off as well, and HE won't even know why...so then they argue! LOL

Such a teen girl move. :P I get my ideas from my friends' old relationships. Most of the time, they went back to one guy and she would get jealous when he even talked to a girl, stop talking to him, and then they would fight, break up, and get back together the next day. ._.
  • Options
    GroxAncestorGroxAncestor Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately, I don't have Generations and I don't think my computer has the hard drive space for it. But I could try it out manually anyway.

Thanks for the sites, btw. I'll read a bit of them for a few ideas. It's not like people only ever have one fight in a relationship, and I could get bored later, too. Since I don't kill my sims by making them drown in swimming pools, I'll have to stick with this stuff.

So, on to continue my research into how to damage SIMulated relationships.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,804 Member
    edited June 2013
    He left the lid up on the toilet, one too many times?

She's guilty of leaving the cap off of the toothpaste?

He sits around on the weekends watching TV, playing video games or otherwise neglects her?

She doesn't cater to his every whim? Leaves the dishes/laundry/trash stacked sky high? She used all the gasoline up in the car?

He checks the mail, only to find several love-letters written to her?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/