Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*kicks over my Sims neighbor's garbage can*

I'm in the midst of rage-reinstalling the game for approximately the millionth time. Probably. Possibly.

Sometimes, I wonder why I expend so much effort into making a game work so I can make virtual people wash dishes and go to work, when I should probably be doing those things myself anyway.

*le sigh*

How many re-installs you got under your junkie belt? How many more before we're certifiable and need to be sent off to detox?
Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.

Comments

• Options
    Kisky2002Kisky2002 Posts: 114 Member
    edited June 2013
    I haven't yet had to reinstall on the same computer. But I got my first Sim game one christmas, I was using my sister's laptop while she used my iPad since my laptop broke. Well, I mean, I went to Midnight Mass so I got home at 1-2:00 a.m. I had saw I got Sims 3 Base game and Sims Pets EP. I was so exicted I went on and installed it for me to play on my sis's computer because I didn't know my dad was getting me a new laptop. So that night when dad came by to give me his presents to me, I had to uninstall those sim games, and reinstall them on my laptop I currently have now. :wink:
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi :)

I usually uninstall when I'm trying to make a world with only a few or no expansions. Then I end up reinstalling when it's done. :)

What's going wrong that you had to reinstall? Most of the time it's not a reinstall problem- just a redo of your Save files in Documents.
  • Options
    EntegyEntegy Posts: 144 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Zero. Benefit of the Steam version. Updates are done automatically, purchased DLC is installed automatically and if there's actual corruption of the game files (and nothing something wrong with my save games), then it's a one button repair.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited June 2013
    At least three times on various computers. Two of those occasions have actually been due to issues on EA's end rather than my own. Unfortunately I can only remember the why's behind one occasion that was EA's fault.

I use digital downloads from Origin. One time I logged on Origin. Only half the packs were there. The others weren't there, weren't showing as owned, never mind installed. I addressed the issue here. One of EA's technical ppl decided that my computer was corrupt, so I uninstalled and reinstalled said packs. Games still weren't there, so I reinstalled windows and on a brand new freshly installed windows installed Origin. Half the packs still weren't there. Turned out it was an issue at their end, not mine. The games reappeared a couple of days later when the issue was fixed.

The latest time was my fault (I think). I did some computer maintenance. I don't know exactly what I did, but it convinced Origin that my packs weren't downloaded, much less installed. My computer was convinced otherwise. I tried patching, because my computer said my games weren't patched, and got service initilazation failure, so I uninstalled the packs that Origin was convinced weren't there and did a reinstallation. It took probably 3 times as long as it should, as store content decided it was there but wasn't there for no apparent reason, so I took away the EA folder and reinstalled store content from in the game. No issues since. Lost a couple of saves though.

It probably baffles everyone, as to why we all continue the hoop jumping, as I call it, just to keep a working game. I still don't know why I do. I do know that nothing as yet has convinced me I should move on to TS4 to continue hoop jumping.
  • Options
    DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited June 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi :)

I usually uninstall when I'm trying to make a world with only a few or no expansions. Then I end up reinstalling when it's done. :)

What's going wrong that you had to reinstall? Most of the time it's not a reinstall problem- just a redo of your Save files in Documents.

Dragon Valley is being a jerk.

I tried re-doing the folders and that didn't seem to fix anything. My husband (he's in IT and has a better grip on this stuff than I do) and I both poured over Crinricht's blog and help boards and concluded there wasn't anything left for us to do but re-install it. I think my launcher was completely toast.

I don't know. It was time to RAGE-QUIT! lol
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited June 2013
    I can't tell you how many times I've uninstalled and reinstalled. A couple times because I had to have my computer wiped after some viruses. Other times because I didn't know about the clean folder method. :oops:
  • Options
    KhasilooluvKhasilooluv Posts: 527 Member
    edited June 2013
    None on this new computer...

When I had TS2 on my old computer it was quite ridiculous... Could also have something to so with the fact that I had LOADS of content though. I had almost all expansions, stuff packs, those "stories" and custom content....

With this comp and TS3 I only have 4 expansions, no stuff packs, no CC and very little store content.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited June 2013

Dragon Valley is being a jerk.

I tried re-doing the folders and that didn't seem to fix anything. My husband (he's in IT and has a better grip on this stuff than I do) and I both poured over Crinricht's blog and help boards and concluded there wasn't anything left for us to do but re-install it. I think my launcher was completely toast.

I don't know. It was time to RAGE-QUIT! lol

Oh my, I thought I was the only one who got the problem with DV and the launcher :) . And DV is not working well with my Twallan mods too but I don't want to give up any of them :( . I have done about 3 or 4 reset factory, uninstalled and installed my store contents (I don't have any CC) since I have DV.

Now after 1 hours playing, I got this "sims 3 stop working" error :( . I should have given up my SP mods :( , but I can't play without it :x . I should have uninstalled DV, but I am already in love with it :x .

Oh dilemma. Now I get the habit to save my game every five minutes :? .
  • Options
    ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited June 2013
    My game has been acting a bit wonky since DV too. :/ crashing now and again.
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited June 2013
    As a Mac user, the number of times I've reinstalled is OVER 9000! :lol:

It seems like it. :(
  • Options
    BetacetiBetaceti Posts: 1,914 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Lol, I'm ashamed to admit it but something like 50-60... :lol:
  • Options
    BetacetiBetaceti Posts: 1,914 New Member
    edited June 2013