Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural:Yes or No

Why or why not should i buy Supernatural?

Comments

• Options
    SimsGuineaPigSimsGuineaPig Posts: 530 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Its up to you to be honest. I know there are many simmers against Supernatural because they do not like the fantasy side and they like to keep it as real as possible however, even though I don't always play games with the supernaturals in it, this was a really enjoyable expansion.

The town

It comes with a new town called Moonlight Falls which has a aroma of mystery around it. The town itself is duller and darker than any other sims town and provides many fun new places to visit. There is a new type of building called a alchemy shop which is where cunning alchemists visit to buy new ingredients for potion brewing. It also has a gem cutting machine and a alchemy station just in case you don't have enough room at home to buy one.

Supernaturals

The most earliest made being in Supernatural is the vampire which also came with the earlier game, Late Night. This being lives for about 3 times longer than a human sim and instead of eating it must quench its thirst for plasma (blood) once or twice a day. The vampire though cannot spend too long in the sun and so this supernatural is best played at night. When you get enough lifetime happiness points you can buy a reward which allows your vampire to never age, immortality.

The most interesting being is the fairy. These beings can fly instead of run and come with a special connection to foliage and fauna around them. Fairies have fully customisable wings with several types of shapes and colours. They can use several objects which others cannot. They can shrink in size to fit inside a small doll-like house which can be used for parties, sleeping and woohoo. These cheeky sprites love to play and pull tricks on others.

The werewolf cannot be easily noticed as a supernatural. During the normal days and nights it will go around with its daily life just like every other sim. However when full moon arrives the werewolf will transform into a monster. In this form it can hunt for collectables alone or with a pack and eat food raw. The werewolf also can pass on its curse with a bite.

Being most like a normal sim, the witch is a master of brewing potions and casting spells. Witches can practise magic with a magic wand and get boosts if they own a small pet (comes with the pet expansion). Witches who master their skill can do anything, including bringing the dead back to life... as zombies.

Zombies are the most weird supernaturals. They are not noticed until the night of the full moon which is when they come out to play. They walk slower than other sims and have a variety of interactions to satisfy their needs, each action has ARRRRR in its name.

The game also comes with ghosts just like the base game. Ghosts in supernatural do not have any extra interactions. Supernatural just allows you to make ghosts in Create-A-Sim.

There is so much more in this game but I'm not one to spoil secrets ;) You'll have to discover them on your own
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited June 2013
    I was asking this question myself even before SN came out. My final answer is YES because of all the minor aspects/objects the game offers (rocking chairs, rocking horse, finger nails, bee keeping, train set, plant pots, new food, new things to collect, new music, sliding bookcase, alchemy skill, new career, new interactions such as checking for monsters under the bed, rock paper scissors and skipping stones).
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited June 2013
    Because Supernatural is the best TS3 expansion. :thumbup:
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    edited June 2013
    If you are wanting to keep the occults out of your game, you can simply turn them off. But with this EP, there are potions, or as other would call them elixirs. These can do a wide variety of different things, both good and bad.

For those who want to keep it real, there is plenty of things in this EP, that you will see in real life.

Here check out this link, this is the guide book to Supernatural. It will show you more than I can explain.

http://issuu.com/simsvip/docs/simsvip_supernatural_game_guide
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited June 2013
    I just installed it yesterday having been watching for it to drop a bit on price, massively impressed so far. For less than the cost of a store world, I got a new world, masses of new furniture (quite gothic and victorian in style) a ton of new clothes and hairstyles most of which are lovely, new collectibles, new items like the bee hive and rocking horse, the train set, the gem cutter ... the list just goes on.
    I'm not even remotely interested in Supernatural beings, lol, but even without playing any of them this EP seems to add loads.
    Moonlight Falls seems very dark (I honestly thought it was nightime then realised that was just the lighting of this world) so I don't think I'll play it to be honest, but the houses are beautiful and so they've all been copied to the house library and will be put to good use elsewhere.
    No complaints from me at all.
  • Options
    blackwidowedblackwidowed Posts: 49 Member
    edited June 2013
    I say yes!

My simming days were coming to and end. I felt bored with it all, couldn't commit to a family, etc. I decided one day, after months of Supernaturals already being out, to grab it cheap off origin. I wanted it for the items and minor stuff.

I definitely don't regret it! The amount of fun I have with my witches, vampires & faeries has resparked my sims love! And they learn SO FAST. Finally I can experience furthering my skills and enjoying them like I hadn't before :) And they live so long, or if you have a vampire, forever! (with a lifetime reward)
    I love the alchemy skill. The potions are awesome and I was so addicted to collecting gems & materials. That was last year, and I'm STILL addicted. I play all the time, the same family/families.

I'm currently playing the granddaughter, who learns so incredibly fast, I've maxed her at 8 skills so far before even being a Young Adult. I'm telling you, having a genius witch father and faerie mother has its perks :)
  • Options
    Katgirl321Katgirl321 Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    Because 1 its the best :mrgreen: and 2 there are so many different possibilities as to what you can do in your sims lives :thumbup:
  • Options
    awaiirain0awaiirain0 Posts: 193 Member
    edited June 2013
    Supernatural is my favourite expansion pack. If you love playing with occult sims this is the expansion pack for you. The game also came with lots of Victorian styled furniture which I love!
  • Options
    simcityiansimcityian Posts: 11
    edited June 2013
    Thankyou everybody
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    JesseattackJesseattack Posts: 28
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I love the design of the map.
    You see different sorts of things (ghosts for example), you can become a witch, vampire, etc. Create potions.

If you like magic at all, you'll like this game! :)