Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which EP should I go for next?

I'm a little lost as to which EP I should be looking to get next. I have a bit of extra cash this month and am looking to buy one.

The Sims 3 EPs that I have are Ambitions, Late Night, and Super Natural, meaning that I have quite a few to choose from.

I was thinking about getting Generations and Seasons. But I don't know if those are the best choices for overall value...

Feel free to post your suggestions? Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    MAnatomyMAnatomy Posts: 460 New Member
    edited June 2013
    :o

From the ones that you already have, I think World Adventures could be fun for you...it kinda goes in hand with supernatural so you can do more fun stuff with that (my opinion though lol)

but generations is good also - it has a ton of more interactions and more buy objects for kids and more selection of clothing
  • Options
    mfb426mfb426 Posts: 1,407 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would avoid Showtime, since you have LN :)

I think Generations is nice and ads lots of interactions/kiddie clothing/kiddie items, so if you like the family aspect this EP is great.

University Life has lots of cool clothing and the social groups and college aspect is nice.

Seasons is okay, but it doesn't add much other than, obviously, seasons, festivals, and aliens. It also results in a special feature when used with Supernatural, which is cool.

Pets is great, if you like animals.

WA's traveling aspect is fun as well, especially if you like the adventure games.

It all depends on how you like to play, watching reviews might help.
    output_npUBOD.gif
  • Options
    cecejohnson7cecejohnson7 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I also think World Adventures would work with Supernatural, but Pets adds really interesting factors to gameplay, so i think you should buy one or the other
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited June 2013
    World Adventures. Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMF1UAOuHDw

So fun. You get a whole page worth of cool stuff in buydebug. :D
  • Options
    MoonriseKingdomMoonriseKingdom Posts: 480 Member
    edited June 2013
    Both Seasons and Generations are great, really great.
    Although I have had the most fun with Seasons.

And please don't buy World Adventures, it is really bad.
  • Options
    glitterandguitarsglitterandguitars Posts: 259 New Member
    edited June 2013
    If you like playing with just one sim, I'd go with University Life because it gives you something to do and it is very interesting and fun.

I like World Adventures, but I found I didn't always use all of the features that came with it, but of course everyone plays differently.

Pets is great, but gets a bit annoying/boring if you aren't obsessed with animals.

Generations is also great if you love the family aspect of sims.

Showtime was horrible, I very strongly disliked it, but again, everyone is different.
    Happy simming :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DrataniDratani Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2013
    Personally, I think Showtime goes with Late Night - it makes the whole celebrity thing more realistic. But with that said Showtime is one of the weaker EPs IMO.
    My absolute favorite EP is University Life, it adds so much to the game. Both in gameplay, CAS and build/buy. I've had the most fun with that one. Out of Generations and Seasons.... hm, it's a tough one. Both add realism to the game. Generations add more depth in terms of interractions and childhood, so does Seasons but that one's more "for everybody" while Generations is more for the children/teens. Gah, can't choose, both are so good... I'd say Generations if you love playing with kids, and if not Seasons. (:
    powerpuff-girls-criminals-costume.jpg
  • Options
    TinaG1947TinaG1947 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited June 2013
    LOL! I believe making a thread like this can make one even more confused from all the differing opinions. :wink::lol:

My advice is to learn as much as you can about each expansion by reading reviews, watching videos, etc and then make a decision based on your favorite gaming style. Me? I have them all because I can and I am someone who likes to have 'complete' collections.

Each one adds something different to game play and some things you may like and others you may not. I LOVE each and every expansion, but there are aspects of each that do annoy me sometimes.

Whichever route you take, I wish you lots of fun and tons of Happy Simming along the way! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SloanyBearSloanyBear Posts: 497 Member
    edited June 2013
    I've head that University Life is popular AND imo, I think Island Paradise (released later this month) will be super-exciting! Check out all the fun things available in it.
  • Options
    NovaRaptureNovaRapture Posts: 43 New Member
    edited June 2013
    world adventures is one of my favorites.
    you can go to 3 other worlds and do adventures/meet cool foreigners/ catch soooo fun insects/animals/fish (my favorite the MUMMY FISH and CROCODILE!!)

edit:

dont get seasons!!! it will destroy your game
  • Options
    TerseRat5204TerseRat5204 Posts: 3,701 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hmm, Maybe you should wait until Island Paradise comes out. That looks like a pretty good expansion pack. If you do decide you want the beachy aspect expanded, I strongly suggest Seasons because that would go really well with it. I personally dont have seasons and can't wait to buy it because it looks like a really good Expansion pack to do am LP with.

Banner%2BFor%2BSims.jpg

• Options
    RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'd definitely say go for Generations. I love Seasons and UL too, and the others are kind of mediocre to me, but Generations is my favourite! :D

Unlike some other EPs which only really focus on 1-2 life stages, for example Showtime is mainly for Adults and YA's, same for Late Night, whereas Generations focuses on improving all the life stages. I used to hate playing children, but after Gen, they have so much more to do and there actually quite fun to play now.

I guess it depends on the way you play, if your going for everyday family life, Gen or Seasons or Pets, if you enjoying playing more independently, probably UL or Showtime, or if you enjoy free-spirited individual playing, WA or wait for Island Paradise.

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'd go for Uni Life or the upcoming Island Paradise if I only had what you had. I'd also pick up Showtime if I could find it for a low price as it's not worth full price but compliments Late Night nicely. Seasons is also nice to have but if I only could get one or 2 EPs I'd be getting the other two first.
  • Options
    TerseRat5204TerseRat5204 Posts: 3,701 Member
    edited June 2013
    Actually now that I think about it.
    You asked between Generation or Seasons. You wouldn't have asked if those didn't appeal to you. I think you should get both of those since not EVERYONE plays the same as you. I always hear mixed reviews because people like different things. It seems logical you buy the ones you asked about. hope it helps :)

Banner%2BFor%2BSims.jpg

• Options
    MoonriseKingdomMoonriseKingdom Posts: 480 Member
    edited June 2013
    I know I said Seasons but I just can't wait until Island Paradise is out!